UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April Adventures

owl

That was a helluva transport run Owl. Glad you didn't have to water as well.

Been cloudy here all day. Not done much apart from dog walks and visit my dad. He was awake and quite lucid today. Sadly that's when he realises his situation and wants an end to it all. It's heartbreaking seeing him so distressed and I have to admit I cried and asked my mum to come for him. But heyho, tomorrow he'll probably be back in his happy oblivion and we'll carry on. Sorry, you're all I've got and you always listen so thank you xx

• Sad 1

It is really difficult when someone in that situation has lucid moments. I found it so hard with my late mum as she would appear to be back to normal and I felt a louse for wanting her to stay in care. But I knew that in her own home she would be agitated and trying to do things at all hours of the night and then falling yet again, and I could not watch her 24/7.

The transport run is my usual one which is a up and down a section of M1 so not too bad, but even so I felt like staying home for the rest of the day. I am doing the same run on Tuesday with a young husky. 

Oh Eve, I am sorry today was a bad day... let's hope tomorrow is better or maybe your mum will come and take him peacefully to be with her. Dementia is such a horrible thing, you have to suffer the loss twice...you lose the person you knew and loved and then you lose their physical body later. I can remember going to visit my nan...she had cancer and it went to her brain, she didn't recognise me and was very upset at me being there...I left, called my ex who told me to sit, have a smoke and go back in...I did and she recognised me and greeted me with " hello love, you just got here" I broke my heart that she didn't know me...then broke my heart because she remembered me and had no idea I had been there.

Owl... you are one busy lady!

Right off to choose a dress to wear and get ready to go for some beers

sorry about your dad xxxxx

yes they are fosters, but if one looks like they could be a service dog, they will stay. the girl is spayed, chipped, the lot. the boy isn't. you know which one will stay don't you? lol the rescue has homes ready for them both as they live with cats and kids

Edited by Jazz

Best of luck jazz

Just called the kitchen supervisor....9weeks and still not done, he says he can't take a guy off a full kitchen fit for our snagging so....I told him I want it finished this week or I am contacting the managing director of the company..I have found the guy's name already.

Morning folks.

Tis a nice sunny morning but there is a stiffish cold breeze blowing spoiling it somewhat.

Good luck with those appointments Jazz.

Griff I would complain to the director of the kitchen company anyway. It's been a shoddy job throughout. 

Next door is getting a new kitchen fitted next week. I do not envy the fitters. It's manky as hell and she had rats getting into the kitchen drawers chewing stuff up. I think they may well find one or more still there when they pull the old units out. I just hope that none find their way around here!  

I am going to write and complain to him Yantan...also going to do a Google review to warn others about them and send a copy of the letter to the housing company too

Keep your doors shut when the workmen are there... just incase a rat makes a run for it

Griff they've been kept shut since we had that rat in the garden feeding from the bird table! You do right to warn others about the bad workmanship. 

Ruby is heading off to HQ again today so will be away till early evening on Wednesday. Archie and I can watch what we want on the telly!

• Like 1