UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April Adventures

owl

Don't blame you Griff, I'd be at more than snapping point if it were me.

Suzeanna, that is beyond evil. Hope they get the jail for it. Stops people giving to genuine causes as they don't know who to trust any more.

Exactly Eve, it's like homeless people in our city, I got tricked once so now nobody gets help from me..sad reflection on society.

I just feel so angry and I am trying my very best to keep a lid on it but I said to Steve I am honestly struggling and I know once I lose it I won't stop, I have a short fuse at the best of times but with my medication I am even worse

Been catching up. 

I hope Archie has a less eventful night.

Do your neighbours just think up things to annoy you, griff. I go very quiet when I get very angry . People know to tread carefully as I will explode if pushed further.

Owl, some people like to get attention any way they can. Especially if it inconveniences others.

Many years ago a woman who worked  in the bank beside my sister  told them she had cancer.  She took time off to go for treatment.She then said she had to go to London regularly for treatment . My sister felt sorry for her and offered to go with her.

they went to London for a week, stayed in a hotel. Every morning she left to go to the hospital and my sister went shopping.

They made several such trips  over a couple of years until the truth came out.

It was all a lie- even her own husband and children didn't know it wasn't true.

The bank manager was raging, especially as my sister had lost her husband a year before and he felt that this woman had  taken advantage of her.

Jim suddenly lost the sight in one eye 2 weeks ago. Our GP told him to see the optician that day and if the optician didn't agree to see him to contact him and he would  sort it. However, the optician said to come right away and he would be seen. 

It turned out he had a detached retina. The optician phoned the hospital who said come in for surgery at 10 am tomorrow. So, a  3 hour journey  to Inverness meant an early rise.

Sorry to the three people who had their  surgery cancelled and had to go home again because of 'an emergency'.

After the retina was put back they put in a gas bubble to hold it in place until it attaches again. Jim says it is like having a spirit level in your eye as the bubble moves up and d own as you move your head.

The bubble is gradually going so he has some hazy sight back but it could be several weeks until he knows how much sight he will get back.

We have another early rise tomorrow as he got a phone call today to go to the clinic for 9.45 tomorrow morning instead of next week as they had a cancellation.- another 3 hour journey and 1/2 an hour trying to find a car parking space.

I am having to do all the driving at the moment and we have just changed our car to a bigger one that I am still trying to get used to.

Blackmagic, Philip had a similar thing happen 3 years ago, but his retina had torn rather than detached.  We had to dash down to the Moorfield in London for 7.30 on a Sunday. It took 2 weeks for the gas bubble to go but his sight was unaffected.  I hope Jim has a good result.