UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April Adventures

owl

The builders have returned. They are smoothing the concrete over and are going to make a frame from scaffolding boards to lay some slates over to keep any more rain off.  They've just been telling me that they put plenty of cement into the mix so it will set nice and hard.  

Well done Griff on fixing the shower :bigsmiley:

• Like 1

Retro means from the recent past Jazz, that box did look really good, all my old favourites too. I'm always too slow going onto Facebook to get any of those lol.

Brilliant job Griff. Once upon a time I would have a go at things like that but doubt I could do it now. Too many years of Richard paying a 'man who can' lol. Sometimes I miss my independence, but it's easier to go with the flow, and at least there's no disasters.

We had rain, hail and sun here today too. Luckily more sun than anything else so the garden makeover is progressing, albeit slowly. Funnily enough our mate who's doing the shed and decking doesn't want to use his electrical tools in the rain lol. Glad your builders protected the concrete Yantan.

The dogs really enjoyed their pack walk today. There's a young bulldog called Bella who's joined the group that my 3 have just clicked with and much mental running around has ensued the past couple of weeks. Happy and tired dogs and a peaceful evening for us 😀

• Like 1

We woke up to find it had snowed overnight. Quite a heavy fall. The weight of the snow on the camellia has broken the biggest stem. It's quite a large bush and this has halved it in size. It's in full bloom too so it's really sad to see it :(

How is everyone else's weather?

Eve it is lovely when our dogs meet another that they just gel with. Archie had some good mates when he was going with the dog walker and one in particular was little Rocky, a girlie. They just got each other.  

its lovely here. got the hospital later for a heart scan, so better get cleaned up

I do not want snow, no ta, you keep it

lewis is going to the races with his friends, bought a suit for it. he was chatting to the jockeys the last few times as he was in the box with the owners. frankie detorie comes to his firm sometimes to chat to them. his boss is friends with harry rednapp, so lewis gets to meet the celebs

There was a frost here overnight, but sunny so far with rain promised later.  I have a camellia in the garden which has never flowered...until now! The pessimist in me says maybe it wants to wish me goodbye! It started as a tiny plant in an arrangement my son gave me for Mothering Sunday quite a few years ago, I put it in the garden and it's grown really large but never flowered before.

Glad your dogs had a good run Eve.  Candy is getting fed up with my plodding along, poor girl, but Philip takes her at a fast pace and she has a good run offlead too so she's not too hard done by.

Hope your nosebleed has gone Griff, and you got the blood out of your tshirt.  Good luck with the heart scan, Jazz.

How's Archie today? No more reflux, I hope?

Archie is OK thanks for asking Suzeanne. He's had his first and second breakfasts and a long snooze. He's just settled down for another snooze. In his dreams he must be a young fit dog again because he does a lot of yipping and his legs go. I am glad he has nice dreams.

• Like 2

No snow here, camellias in bloom next door but one. Sunny spells, a few light showers, cool breeze. I need to repot the small one I got last autumn. It has a couple of buds but is not looking too well. I think the February heatwave followed by colder weather has confused it. They generally do very well round here.

My new mobile phone has just arrived to replace the one which overheated and went critical. I can deal with many kinds of changes but find new phones and new cars a bit daunting.

Pleased Archie is doing o.k today

Suzeanna...I don't think the plant has come to see you off... you like me are sticking around...that's an order

Owl, my mum and dad are like that with phones...they buy them and then go back to their old ones lol

The snow has all gone.  Every time I let Archie out I get all sad at the poor broken camellia. What's left looks all misshaped now.

I hope your new phone isn't radically different from your old one Owl. I changed my Samsung last year for a newer model and there wasn't a lot of difference. HOWEVER a few weeks ago it asked permission to upgrade the system so I pressed "yes". OMG it was totally different after that. I am just now getting used to it. The worst bit, possibly, was that the screens and layout all looked different. 

Archie has had his lunch, followed by second lunch, and once again is laid out peacefully napping. Can anyone who has had experience of having an old dog tell me what they did about the nails? Archie's seem longer now he's not getting a lot of exercise but he's never needed them clipped  before now and doesn't like his feet touched. 

I used to programme computers, but now, I cant cope with a new phone of any kind

heart scan went well. left a message on the doctors ansaphone, so hope I get a date for my wrist

M&S just reduced their goodies. got crumpets, croissants, flapjacks and bacon for £5

Camellias are very fussy. Had a young one in the ground which flowered from the first year I had it but it got battered and broken by the dogs so I moved it into a big pot and moved it out of their way and though it looks glossy and healthy with lots of new leaf growth there's no flower buds this year. They don't like to be moved. So, echoing Griff, it will not see you off Suzeanna - you're stronger than it and it will be the other way round - another order!

Been a bit wet here today and cold, even when the sun was out.

Did you get snow Jazz? Saw the opening of the new Tottenham stadium and it was snowing there at one point.

Mixed Yantan, Stanley's nails never seemed to grow too long even when he was at the just pottering around stage. Maisie's did but she never minded having them clipped so wasn't a problem. Are Archie's nails causing him a problem when he walks? If not, maybe you could leave them for a bit?