UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Nearly Christmas

Jazz

Thank you Fugees.

@Jazz my sister lives at Harold Wood.

I don't really do Christmas, but like Solstice. Usually on Christmas Day we pack a flask and a picnic and go somewhere nice, unless weather is very bad. Our family usually had Christmas dinner on Boxing Day anyway because of our various jobs. Health care, ministry, taxi driving.

Today I am having a stupid day and not thinking very logically. Have done 2 daft things already, so it is probably a good thing that due to cold wind and rain we are staying home. Can't risk Wispa's laryngitis coming back.

At least I was not stupid enough to fall for a phishing message left by someone pretending to be from HMRC. I emailed the details to the real HMRC.

anyone watching the jungle? lewis' boss is friends with harry rednapp. he has no clue about anything but football. he cant send a text or email. no idea about anything indoors. everyone does everything for him, so will be interesting in there

Don't watch it Jazz but have heard updates on it on the radio. Harry seems to be popular and one of the favourites to go far. Keeps the others amused with his stories from what I've heard but not sure how long he'll last 'roughing' it. I've heard of him, Anne Hegarty and Nick Knowles but not really anyone else.

Owl, those phishing messages from HMRC have been around for years. My son got one just after he'd been made redundant a few years back and was hoping for a rebate to tide him over before starting a new job. Luckily he checked it out and never fell for it but it was still a cruel thing to do. Some desperate and vulnerable people must get caught.

Emily atack is Kate robins daughter and was in the Inbetweeners, fleur east is a wanna pop star off xfactor and not sure who else is in it... apparently Harry asked for a chair for his luxury item as he has a bad back... quite a sensible luxury item really.

As for him not being able to send a text... neither can my dad! He has a basic smart phone and I regularly get asked...where's the text bit lol. We have tried repeatedly to teach him how to use the washer and tumble dryer...no luck... He can operate the microwave and an oven at a push, he can now boil an egg but the most painful thing is watching him try to iron lol...I give him 15 mins and then I flip.

when the boys were about 4, they were pushing buttons on things, so i taught them to use the washing mchine. they were ironing and sewing by 10 and servising the car by 14. mother didnt show me anything so i vowed boy or girl, my kids would be able to do it, which was good as lewis lives alone and david does it all before his wife comes home

We show him, next time he goes to use it he has to ask all over again, if he is hungry and theres no dinner he will just get a takeaway as he can't be bothered with cooking. He does seem to have issues with his memory so I don't know if that's why he can't recall how to do it. He wears shirts when he isn't at work and my mum moans about ironing them...he said he would take them to Morrisons and get them to do it lol

Both my brother and his wife are technophobes. Their kids have forced them into engaging with some technology so they do have smart-phones. Sis-in-law has got to grips with some of the functions of her's but my brother can just about answer it, make a call and do text. That's it. However his texts are hilarious. He hasn't sent me one but his replies to mine are always just one word. He finds tapping out answers difficult so his daughter showed him that he only needed to speak his texts and could do the same to make internet searches. This has caused much hilarity with anyone overhearing him as he speaks in broad Cumbrian and the voice recognition has trouble with his accent. He usually ends up swearing at it.

• Like 1

I'm lucky in that I'm the sort to prod and fiddle around with things rather than be scared of them (that doesn't include electric sockets!), so I tend to find out how phones/computers work by trial and error. I realised that you can delete history on the pc long before Philip did, rather to his dismay, and he's the one who works in IT! My daughter gets completely lost trying to work our smart tv, they've still got one of the ancient crt models.

Yantan, have you seen that spoof thing of the two scots in a lift, trying to tell it which floor with voice recognition and getting madder by the minute as it doesn't understand them? Must be much the same as your brother's troubles.

Not seen that Suzeanna but it does indeed sound the same as my brother.

Very nippy here today as was yesterday but it's also a grey drizzly day.

Ruby is going to meet a Cockerpoo later as her mum has commissioned a pencil portrait. When possible Ruby prefers to meet her portrait commissions and take her own photos. Sometimes the quality of photos submitted by owners are less than stellar but they expect her to do a lifelike portrait from them.