UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Nearly Christmas

Jazz

Good that your dad is settled at the home, eve.

Little dog is back with his people now. Poor thing had been out for 3 nights. The guy who had him contained in garden did manage to get him into the house and he warmed up in front of log fire so was feeling much happier when his people collected him. He was not hungry as a lady had been feeding him.

Men are bloody stupid. Got a call off Steve telling me some bloke is doing driver training on our route and not to say anything to him about Steve as he is up the bosses bum...I said I don't know who the bloke is so why would i say anything about you...let alone talk to him, he said i know you are friendly and will talk to the drivers.... errrrrrmmm no! I speak to Tony as I have known him 25 years and he talks to me about steve as he knows i know him...I couldn't get him to understand that I don't know the bloke so why would i talk to him and even if I say the company is crap.. what's that to do with steve? I am a paying customer who isn't getting the service they are paying for....I just said whatever and put the phone down, not in the mood for stupidness today

men are, and so are some companies.

had an appointment for a firm to quote me for lino being laid. one bit said next week another said tonight, so messeged him at 8am, he still hasnt read it. ive had the dogs in the garden for an hour, they havent been. as you might be eating lets just say the dogs have entertained themselves. not happy and frozen

Great that your dad is so happy and settled, Eve. You hear about the bad care homes, it's so good to hear about one that is getting it right.

Philip went to the doc yesterday, his voice has pretty much gone again, nearly four weeks now. He saw a nurse practitioner who had a good look down his throat, took his temp and listened to his chest, then said to go for a chest xray today and if it is still bad in another two weeks she'll refer him to ENT, she's signed him off for a week. Then this morning, phone call from an actual doctor! Lots more questions and he said that when something has gone on this long it raises concerns that it could be something more serious. Aghh! Philip is completely calm, I'm a nervous wreck. He told him he mustn't talk at all, see how it is in a week and if no better must come back in. All I can keep thinking is that his brother had a cough that wouldn't go and it turned out to be cancer and he was dead within five months of diagnosis. Oh thanks for the bell suggestion Griff...good job I can't see you or you know where you'd be finding the bell! :)

Lol...he got what i meant when I spoke to him again. I just say it how it is, the company are breaking his fit note...4 hours max, not to be exceeded ..he is doing 5 hours and they tried to get him to go more, then he is supposed to be on mornings...he is regularly starting at 2 pm. I have told him to tell them no

Does anyone know where my debit card is? Silly owl. Good thing I have a credit card, about £7 in cash and a big pottery owl moneybox full of all the 5p pieces I collect in there because they are too fiddly for a dyspraxic person to go shopping with. 5 working days before I can get a new one. Spoke to the bank, and they can stop it but not reinstate it. The bank say that no one has used my card, and I think it likely that it is somewhere in house or car. Have searched all pockets etc. Tomorrow I will completely clean out the car as it may have slipped down somewhere. It is light grey so will not show up easily. If no luck tomorrow I will ask bank to cancel and send another.

I hope Philip's voice loss turns out to be no more serious than Wispa's. After all the worry of the past few weeks it has finally returned, at least at the beginning of the day. I had forgotten what her true bark sounded like. She gets a bit hoarse towards evening, but the postie now gets the full range and volume.

Thinking positive thoughts for Philip :flowers:

Owl check the fridge for your card. I know it sounds daft but after popping into the garage for a few things I came home and put the fridge stuff away. I'd dropped my card in the bag and it got picked up between two items and placed in there accidentally. I spent hours looking for it!

• Like 1

Any luck finding the card Owl? Glad Wispa's voice has come back. I wish I had volume control for mine, especially when someone comes to the door. Hopefully they deter any would-be burglars, though it's a pretty quiet area.

Just read your post and see you haven't - hope it turns up soon and you don't have the hassle of cancelling.

Was another glorious day here today and we had a lovely walk up the Glen this morning. Went over to Glasgow in the afternoon for football and it had the cheek to rain! We won though so not all bad.

Home now and realised we've nothing in for dinner. But really nothing - not even anything to defrost. Maybe get a takeaway but not sure what I fancy, or maybe wander down the co-op and see if anything takes my fancy. Decisions, decisions lol.

Hope everyone is having a great evening and is better organised than me food wise xx