UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Nearly Christmas

Jazz

Eve, I am rarely organised foodwise with my food. I plan ahead and organise for Wispa but keep forgetting about myself. I often eat lunch at the reserve cafe as I get 20% off and it is really good. Then I am left wondering what to have for supper. Often soup or a jacket potato. The dreaded fatigue tends to strike before I can start cooking anything.

Hope your new foster settles in well and eventually finds a suitable home.

Edited by owl

Oh I never run out of food. I like it too much to forget about it! Even if I haven't planned a meal and not bought in for it I can always cobble something together from the contents of the fridge, freezer and cupboards.

Owl as soon as you cancel the card you will find it.

Aw poor dog and owner being parted Jazz.

I keep forgetting to say this but our former dog walker got in the last 3 of the Dog Walker Of The Year as run by Dog Friendly. Naomi, the boss, went down to London for the posh awards show. She didn't win but it's still something to be in the top 3. I am not surprised she got so far because I know how high the level of care was that she and the team gave Archie.

That is lovely, about your dog walker.

I had a chat about meeces with my neighbour in the attached house who has been refurbishing his place. They have not been in his house but in his shed, and have been chewing stuff. He is much more hardline about trapping and caught a lot. All his are gone as well. Life is so much less stressful without them. He took a photo of one climbing my outside wall, about 6 ft off ground.

Transport run tomorrow from my local services up to rescue near Harrogate.

• Like 1

we all want your dog walker lol

poor dog came yesterday on his 13th birthday. his eyesight isnt all there. hes terrified. been with her all his life. hes a grumpy old man who will bite if he doesn't get his way. the lady who brought him, we have been doing rescue for years together, is taking him to her place today to be with her other foster oldies

Very cold and frosty here this morning although things are warming up now. Tomorrow we have rain forecast and its supposed to be unseasonably warm too.

I took Archie to a little bit of woodland that used to be attached to someone's house but they left it to The Woodland Trust to stop it being built on. It's just a nice size for Archie to have a little ratch and do the sniffing he's taken to so much lately.

We plan on being dog free for a while after Archie's day but we both know that we cannot live without one forever. I think we'd both like to go down the route of giving a home to a bereaved dog if at all possible.

lady isnt coming for the oldie today, her dogs have come down ill. brandy and I are coming to an understanding. if I leave him to it hes fine. he will happily sit on my knee, but if he had enough he will bite me

Klaus is up for adoption today, he should go quick being young and gorgeous

had a call from the rescue. the first time its happened to me. the oldie is being put to sleep tomorrow. my friend is coming to take him. he vet report says he needs to sedated to have his eyes wiped. hes bitten me a few times, and i know what im doing, so he cant be rehomed, and its best for him

Sorry to hear that, Jazz, but I can understand the problem.

That is lovely, Yantan, that they left it to the Woodland Trust.

Transport run went ok but it is much colder in Harrogate than it is here. Dog was only a little pup, the rescue have got him in their house not kennels which I am pleased about.

• Like 1

Awwwww bless him, were you a little tempted Owl??

I nipped over to Steves yesterday and took his Christmas jumper over for him to try, it fits, he loves it and now there's a Chewbacca Christmas jumper on order too lol..he said he has never had a Christmas jumper before, he is nearly 49!! He also said he might put his Christmas tree up too!! I am hopefully dragging him out of his can't be bothered attitude

We went back to the little wood this morning before coming back to pick up the next door neighbour with the broken arm to take her to the medical centre.

I took the leaf blower to the garden yesterday to try and tidy up a bit and make sure the run-off to the drain is clear in case we get this forecasted storm. Looking at the radar map it might just miss us but it was a job that needed doing anyway.