UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Nearly Christmas

Jazz

Back home after a pleasant walk exploring a footpath at Tickhill, just up the road but over the border in Yorkshire. We had gone to help search for a missing dog, but got a call to say the council kennels have him safe. Someone nabbed him by a main road this morning, good catch!

Lots of fieldfares arriving and feeding on the hawthorn bushes.

• Like 1

Yawn. Well that's 4 hours of my life I'll never get back. I think it would have been far better condensed into half the time or less. I did learn a couple of things about speed limits and cyclists but the rest was about stuff I already put into practice. It's a new course which just debuted on November 1st. It was a mainly a nice bunch of people though and we had a few good laughs with the instructor who was also very nice. Tea, coffee, biscuits, iced water and squashes were provided.

Apparently some insurance companies are now asking if you've been on a speed awareness course and if the answer is yes they promptly put your premium up, same as if you got the points. The instructor advised us if we got asked this question we should ask why they wanted to know and refuse to answer and go to another insurer but as far as he was aware all insurers had agreed not to discriminate against drivers who have done the course. Yet there were 3 people there whose insurance renewals came up after they were caught speeding and they had been asked if they had been on a speed awareness course :worried:

Same as if you have a no fault accident, a lot of insures ask have you had an accident even if it's not your fault...then up goes your premium, it is deffo true as mum did 2 quotes, 1 declaration and one not of no fault accidents... about £200 difference, it's very wrong

It seems very arbitrary whether you get done for speeding or not. I do sometimes speed on motorways, usually when overtaking, and even when it says there's speed cameras I've never been done for it. But Richard got done in Glasgow for doing a few mph over 30 in an area where there's few pedestrians, not near a school or anything, but police were doing a purge on the area with hand held cameras. He just took the points and fine though.

Good luck with the new oncologist Suzeanna xx

From posting on a motoring forum Admiral ask about speed awareness courses.

Scotland doesn't have speed awareness courses so we have no choice.

Speed cameras are not in position all the time. They move them about. If they are operating there is flash when they are triggered.

Insurance companies statistics indicate if you have an accident, , even if not your fault, you are more likely to have another.

When we wrote our car off tesco paid out £7500, covered our replacement car on the existing policy and charged a reduced premium the next year. I told JIm to accept the new premium before they realise they had made a mistake.

JIm sees his oncologist on 7 December. He had his CT in September so I assume the delay means there is no problem.

Trap untouched this morning but evidence of mouse on other side of kitchen so when the other traps arrive tomorrow I can put one there. Feeling hopeful of eventual success.

Hoping for a relatively quiet day as I am off to a somatic yoga class early evening. It is a course of 10 classes at a village hall not far away and if I don't like it after one session I can cancel and get fees returned. Hoping to ease some of the chronic tension in neck and back. Lower age limit of 45, and disabled and frail people are welcome. My main concern is that early evening is the time my energy starts to drop and by 5.30 I am usually like a zombie. So I will take Wispa to the reserve this morning and hope to have a quiet afternoon.

• Like 1

blackmagic there were 3 HGV Scottish drivers on the course yesterday. They'd been caught speeding in England so were offered the course. One of them had a 3 hour drive to attend. The instructor told them it looked like Scotland was going to introduce the course. He has had a number of senior Scottish police officers sit on some of his sessions and they all made favourable comments about them.

Yes, I agree it is totally arbitrary as to who gets caught. The lad who ran into my rear end was speeding as well as driving without due care and yet nothing happened to him because the police weren't involved. Even had I chosen to inform them they wouldn't have investigated as I found out from a previous accident. Yes his premiums will have gone up but he didn't get points or a fine.

That previous accident I mentioned was caused by another driver reversing into me. I was not at fault yet my insurer added another £25 to my next premium, which wasn't a huge amount but I thought it very unfair. They use any excuse they can get away with to bump up premiums to make more ££'s.

I think they would have had Jim in pretty sharpish if they had discovered a problem but will keep my fingers crossed for his December appointment all the same.

I hope you enjoy the yoga tonight Owl. I could do with going with you.

Fingers crossed all is fine for Jim. I have a sinking feeling they've lost my MRI scan result as I've asked twice if I could see them and had only vague answers.

I feel very strange this morning, sort of spaced out and not really here (no, I haven't been on the neighbour's wacky baccy!) I checked my bp and it seems ok, bit on the low side but not drastically. Oh well, I'm still breathing so I'll tog up and take Candy out, that will kill or cure me. I don't know if it's a cocker thing but she seems incapable of a steady walk, it's all breakneck pace.

Hope you enjoy your yoga Owl..have you considering acupuncture for your shoulders?

How are you feeling now Suzeanna? Yes I agree about Cockers. My brother has one and if I take him for a walk I have to put him in the car and let him out somewhere where he doesn't need a lead. My shoulders aren't up to the strain!

I'm taking the neighbour with the broken arm to a physio appointment at the cottage hospital later.