UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Get It Out There

Jazz

good luck tomorrow xx

well, got to see the main man. he moved my hip about, i screamed, so ive had an xray, hes referring me to the surgeons. looks like the hips wearing out. its been in for 12 years which he says is good

jerry managed to get out of a locked crate. neighbour isn't happy they screamed the whole time I was out, but I have to go out sometimes. ive told her shes welcome to babysit

Lol... Suzeanna, now I have that image too!!

Oh dear Jazz

Been trying to find where Steve's mums ashes are, rung the cream, I know the lady there, she got the big book out...no record of his mum... can I get more information, so I call him...he thought his mum and dad divorced so she would go back to her maiden name..if not she may have gone under his step dad's name despite not being married....so rung back my mate with 2years of possible death and 3names....after about an hour I have found her death record online, she kept the same name as Steve (he didn't know that) but there are 2marriage records for his dad and no divorce records show up...his second marriage is 10 years before Steve's mum died!; I need to find how you can find a divorce record

Remind us when Ruby's op date is Yantan? It must be very difficult waiting when she knows it's got to be done.

How is the tablet taking going Suzeanna? I'm interested in what you say about different brands of the same thing. I rather ignorantly thought the chemical structure was exactly the same from brand to brand as it's make under license or similar. A bit like Sainsburys paracetamol being the same as Tesco paracetamol!

Suzeanna, I agree different makes are not all the same. The main ingredient is the same but the filler are different.

I had BP tablets that were a different make. I didn't notice any difference but have never had symptoms of high BP, even when the nurses and doctors were panicking and I was told to lie down on bed and not move. they even opened up a new machine in case the one they were using was broken. Meanwhile the girl in the next bed to me was seeing fairies dancing at the bottom of her bed.

Others reported they didn't work as well and I have not had that make again.

Being in a rural area our meds are dispensed by the GP surgery unless they cannot get the required ones when they give us a prescription.

JIm has to get a prescription for his eye drops as they were prescribed by the hospital but our GP surgery cannot get them. One of the chemists in town is able to order them for him as they are not normally stocked.

Jazz, my cousin has had 5 hip replacements. Her first was when she was quite young and pleaded to have the op as at that time they did not do it until you were 70. They could only do it once and it wore out after 10 years.

She pointed out that being mobile when she had a young family was better than being in a wheelchair until she was 70 and then giving her a new hip.

She has since had two replacements on one hip and three on the other.

I hope your toe is nothing serious, griff, but it is better to get it checked. When my son broke his toe going up the stairs- he stubbed it on the step- they just taped it the one next to it.

Owl, I hope things quieten down beside you.

My lovely friend at the crematorium has found where Steve's mum is laid to rest, she has sent me a map and she is right by the Lilly pond in the garden of remembrance...after 28 years Steve can finally go and leave her some flowers

• Like 2

mmmmm what can i do? ive got the machine that sends a noise if they bark, that doesnt work. the neighbours are complaining but i need to go out sometimes, not a lot, but cant leave them out of the crates, id have nothing left

My lovely friend at the crematorium has found where Steve's mum is laid to rest, she has sent me a map and she is right by the Lilly pond in the garden of remembrance...after 28 years Steve can finally go and leave her some flowers

That is so lovely Griff, well done you. But get your toe checked lol

We're in France and dogs are happy and running around like loonies.

I'm so sorry I'm struggling to reply to some of you. I know nothing about medicines but please know I'm reading all your posts and hoping everyone is coping well

Good thoughts to everyone xx

• Like 2

Awww Eve, have a great time

Jazz, do you leave them with stuffed kongs, boredom breakers etc

I have told him Lucy found his mum, if he doesn't want to go take her flowers I will go up, my family grave is up there anyway so no bother to me

Griff have a look here http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/divorce/

Was it Karen that asked about the date of Ruby's surgery? She was told last week that the first available date for surgery was August 2nd, after the surgeon gets back from his holidays.

Jazz can you get someone to come and sit with the dogs when you go out? Other than that the only other thing that I can think of is to work on their separation anxiety but that will take a time and patience.

Oh and do you give them kongs to keep them amused and busy whilst you are out? If not that's something else you could try.

Jazz , you need to look up treating separation anxiety on dogs. There are many possible solutions.

Blue Cross have an article on it https://www.bluecross.org.uk/pet-advice/home-alone-separation-anxiety-dogs

My dogs go into their beds in the kitchen and I tell them 'you stay home'. They get a Bonio biscuit- they don't get them any other time.

I close the kitchen door and go out.

Because we live rurally our journeys tend to be long so the dogs generally go with us. But I only have to say 'you stay home' and they run to their beds awaiting their biscuit.

I do make sure they have been out to toilet before we go.

My first Dalmatian needed a long walk before being left so outings had to be planned accordingly.

While it is annoying for neighbours it is also a sign that the dog is distressed.

Thanks Yantan, Steve's mum and dad separated when he was 4 so about 1973...his dad remarried in 1980 so the divorce would be within that period...his mum however died with her married name, never remarried despite being with Steve's stepdad for around 13years and having 2children with him... after Steve's mum died his step dad did get married that's why I think his dad may have married without a divorce

Owl, so pleased the man is behaving

Jazz, do you leave the TV on with the volume up louder? I do that, shut the curtains and put the landline onto do not disturb..works well for me

Edited by griff