UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Get It Out There

Jazz

What a match with Isner and Anderson at Wimbledon!

After they put out a tweet requesting help I've bought some bottled water to be delivered tomorrow, hopefully, for the Glasgow Scottish SPCA. Their water tank is broken and they have no water for the animals. Others, local to the area, have been delivering bottles too and yet more ordering water to be delivered. The staff had been buying bottles of water themselves with their own money but just couldn't keep up. This is when social media is invaluable! Last week I bought ice to keep dogs in a Texas rescue shelter cool in a dreadful heatwave after they put out an appeal on Instagram. It only costs a few quid but when it brings so many people together those few pounds quickly multiply!

edited to make sense!

Edited by Yantan
  • Like 2

Nice bit of rain came and went!

But it made things a bit cooler so we went for a walk on reserve. Stroke of luck, may have nailed one of our worst flytippers. Today's heap was 2 doors, a big window, bath, basin, loo, shower cubicle plus lots of broken glass and a load of mixed rubbish. Careful search through a bag revealed letters, documents, addresses. Probably not his but the address he was working on or where people had paid him to remove rubbish. Police and council now dealing.

• Like 2

I hate it too. people have been doing it by the bin on the estate, so they have removed the bin. if they didnt care before, or actually use the bin, I cant see it making a difference

my rug needs cleaning, so many dogs weeing on it. £35 to have the rug cleaned once, or 75 to buy a machine

im always having to put the stuff on it, but when i was lay on the rug, i could smell the wee

what age do they stop chewing? luna chewed the tea towel right behind me while I was doing their breakfast. she has discovered new tings to chew, like the trolley the laptop is on

if you can smell it the dogs will easily smell it and will be attracted back to it.

The wee has probably permeated into the backing of the carpet and even the floor beneath so cleaning/disinfecting the top will not get rid of the smell.

You really need to soak the rug to get through to the backing and also clean the floor.

When my elderly dog was flooding the kitchen at night I found Mistral disinfectant ( available online) worked really well.

Puppy chewing can become a habit if not controlled. Distract, then offer a suitable alternative to chew. Puppies need to chew when teething but can also be boredom and chewing is calming for older dogs.

My sister's dog destroyed two couches. One she chewed a huge hole in while my sister was out of the house for 10 minutes.

• Like 1

Ruby got back from her art festival about an hour but had to go and crash out on her bed as she's knackered.

I'm waiting for the Ladies final to start at Wimbledon. I wish Djokovic and Nadal would hurry up and finish their semi-final match. I cannot stand watching Nadal with all his pants pulling and repetitious face touching before he serves.

We used to swear by a strong dilution of biological washing powder into hot water to clean urine smells from carpets, floors etc. You just need to use a bit of elbow grease to scrub the soiled article. If you have surgical spirits then it's good to follow up with a wipe over of that after the article has dried.

It's scorchio here!! We have had about 2mins of light rainfall on Friday and that's it

I like it as you can make plans for outdoors and stick to it and of course I get to wear less clothes..less ironing..bonus! I think if it could rain at night but be nice in the day I would be very happy!