UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Get It Out There

Jazz

Why are the businesses affected by the religious convention Yantan?

It's all of the shops, cafes, pubs, restaurants etc. in town as the conventioners are known for not spending money - they save it all to but in the collection boxes. It's an evangelistic, born again type that the convention is promoted to and by. When I was young they got all the jukeboxes turned off in the pubs during what was then a 2 week convention. A couple of years ago one of the speakers gave a homophobic sermon and upset LGBT attendees. I think those LGBT people should have made more of it but the organisation managed to keep it quiet. It's all that happy clappy crap. They have live bands and singers but the music is dire. We are forced to listen to it as the convention centre is just behind us and although it is a solid front, which houses their offices and dorm rooms, a big circus like tent is erected behind it so there's no way to suppress the noise. It really has outgrown the town and would be better held somewhere else but they won't even consider it. They've also been asked to hold it out of the main tourist season so as not to put off ordinary tourists off coming to the town but again they won't budge.

It's gone very overcast here but it's also pretty humid. I think we might get some more rain before the day is out.

No rain here yet!

Yantan...get yourself a lend of a big ass sound system and blast heavy metal out!! If you were near I could have loaned you to amps!

Deagan got me up at 2.30am..bad tummy, Kota then decided I needed to be up at 8 so I have been to town, bought a new dress and top from pep & co and been shopping at lidl

LOL Griff and boy, you've had a busy morning!

I forgot to say before but Archie was nice with the postie this morning so him feeding The Archibald biscuits has worked! Archie even stood at the gate and allowed the postie to pet him. It must have started freezing over in hell!

Lol... good boy Archie, Diesel used to bark at my neighbour...he gave her treats and she just kept barking at him, she just didn't like men.

I went to Lidl to get some stuff for Steve and for my mum..they do some lovely strawberry and clotted cream biccies

jerry is officially worse behaved than the pups!

while was out, getting nice things for them, she pooed on the floor, and jumped over the worktop into the kitchen, and did a runner when i opened the front door

thats 3 going in crates when i go out

Send the rain down to Sunny Surrey!

I bought a new fitbit from the Amazon prime day last year. Fortunate timing as the battery went on my old fitbit a couple of days before. The prime day gave an extra £20 off but you have to do your research for prices elsewhere.

Yes I agree with Karen about researching prices elsewhere before buying on a Prime day. There ARE some bargains to be had if you can be bothered looking through all the pages or you know in advance what you want and search for it. I have had a couple of small things that were at a great price and which I wouldn't have bought otherwise but on the whole I don't bother much with Prime days now. I do know people that got really good prices on Alexa devices last year though!