UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Get It Out There

Jazz

Thank you Yantan.

I think I need to be more assertive about saying that I cannot do things. I put my foot down with the sheep team and said that I cannot check any of the fields which involve me climbing over a 5 bar gate, as obviously you have to do it twice. I can climb up, no problem, it is the twisting round at the top and getting leg over top bar that does it. The volunteer organising the rota had a fit, she had no idea that gate climbing was sometimes involved. All the other volunteers have much longer legs and most of them are younger. She has taken me off the rota for the next 2 weeks and is doing it herself to see exactly what is involved.

Owl... don't ever feel you are a disappointment!! Sometimes people just have different ideas of how and what we should be..I often feel like I have let my parents down but then I just think s*d it...I have had a great laugh doing what I have done and despite everything would not do anything different and although half the stuff my parents freak out at...I am just being me! We get stuck with family and their ideas but life would be a dull thing if we were all alike and wanted/did the same things.

I do hope you feel better soon after your fall

Yantan..yes.....the behaviour of players is disgusting, I would be red carding the damn lot! If all refs did he same, it would soon stop, if they behaved like that to people in the street it would be assault charges and threatening words or behaviour... just because of what they are playing and who for shouldn't be excusing that behaviour..kids will think it's o.k to behave like that

My brother sent me a pic last night of my nan..I sent him all the photos he has so wondered where it came from, my cousin! Apparently he sent it on FB to my brother, I have told him he is not to discuss me at all with them, I have picked who I want to be in touch with and who I want to know I am Ill, he is now being all arsey... I think my life and business is mine and who I decide to inform about what's going on is up to me...I don't need people crawling out the woodwork saying how sorry they are and I deffo don't need my alcoholic uncle using me as an excuse

• Like 1

Quite right Griff! It's your life, your illness, you are in charge and who you decided to tell and not tell is entirely your choice.

Re: the football, you put it so well and I agree. I also wish they wouldn't spit, it's horrible. I wouldn't want to be sliding or landing on the grass and getting someone else's spittle (and worse) on me. It sets a terrible example for kids.

Jazz you should have shot the bugger down! I hate that horrible man.

Owl the more you assert yourself the easier it becomes. If I don't want to do something I just don't do it and have no problem telling people no.

he was on the news saying the english agree with his ideas. really?

wondered what it was going over. they were so low i waved to them

lewis is taking me for coffee and a bit of shopping tomorrow, see if they have any drinks in, still not online

Jazz, Steve went to Aldi on Monday and they only had fizzy orange or cola in

Eughhh yeah, spitting is disgusting, they should all be equipped with tissues lol

I told my mum that Jimi had been in touch with Andrew and she said I wonder why...I think they have been in touch for a while though....she said straight off tell him not to discuss me, as she says...her address hasn't ever changed

Hope you haven't done too much damage to yourself, Owl. My daughter texted me yesterday from their small Greek island, and said she tripped walking down the donkey track to the shop, landed on her left knee and right hand, and was feeling pretty battered. Today got another text saying her knee is badly swollen and she can hardly walk (yes, she was sober!)

I hope Ruby doesn't find her excursion too tiring, that's one thing about cancer, it exhausts you. You start doing something and find you wear out very quickly.

I plan to start the horrible pills on Sunday evening...I feel as if I'm facing the firing squad! I went to Boots today and bought Replens (apparently they dry you out you know where), Immodium for the bad runs most people seem to get, and a pack of Bodyform (not needed them for years!) for the bleeding. I already have plenty of paracetamol in for the headaches etc. Rather alarmed to read most people put on weight, despite the runs. Not just a few pounds either, up to 3 stone! Oh, and lose anything up for half of your hair. I've promised the family I'll give the tablets a go, but honestly I can't see myself sticking with them.

Griff, you and you alone have the right to tell people about your health, even if they are relations (or especially if they are!) Bet your brother has some things he'd rather not have blurted out around the wider family. Let him get arsy, I bet you can out arsy him!

Suzeanna... you are doing the right thing trying. I hope your daughter is o.k too

I may have accidentally "outed" him to my dad's family, wasn't done nastily just I am so used to being open about things it slipped out in a conversation with my aunty, no big deal to me and nothing to do with them.. plus 2 of the other lads are gay too so can't see it matters

Good luck with the tablets Suzeanna. I hope your daughter is taking it easy with her knee and getting medical help if needed.

Ruby arrived OK and set herself up in the marquee with her chair and just chatted to her mates and people attending their stall. She is just on the way to the hotel now. She's taken a fan with her in case they can't provide one, has her own pillow and plenty of bottled water. I think they are all going out for a meal tonight.

We have the feckin religious convention in town starting Saturday for 3 weeks. The town hates it and would like to get shot of it but it's entrenched having been going for almost 150 years. Most business have a huge turn down in trade with some reporting takings during the 3 weeks down by as much as 70%. Deep joy.

Wishing good thoughts to you Suzeanna that you totally avoid all the side effects. Probably not realistic but hope they are minimal.

Hope you're not too achey Owl. And I echo what everyone else says about the good things you do. I bet your parents weren't as disappointed in you as you think. I remember just after my mum died I was talking to my dad and saying how sorry I was for being the teenager from hell (and I really was) and he told me how proud he and my mum were of me for turning my life round and being the best person I could be. I'd always thought they totally disapproved of me and I sometimes had a difficult relationship with my mum but they loved me all the same and accepted me for who I was. The guilt was all mine but for no real reason.

Griff, you are right to be annoyed with your brother. Your life is your business and no one elses.

Why are the businesses affected by the religious convention Yantan?

• Like 1

I am not against anyone believing in a religion.. provided it doesn't harm anyone and that they don't shove it down my throat and don't stop me doing what I like...namely drinking beer lol

Jazz, I was in Asda today and they had hardly any cheap pop in..cream soda, orange and lemonade

Wish it would rain here!

Suzeanna - is it Letrazole that you are starting to take? It does come with the most massive long leaflet of side effects, but I haven't had any of the ones you list. Hope you do a lot better than you think :flowers: