UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Get It Out There

Jazz

she said it could be because shes having cat food, but i said she only has half a pouch per meal (about 40grammes) with dog complete.her temp is ok, so she said dont worry unless there is a lot more of it

Really pleased Jerry and Archie are on the mend. Hope all humans are feeling better too.

Still hot here and no rain due yet. Garden is looking sorry for itself. Will do a proper watering tomorrow as no hosepipe bans here.

Love to all xx

• Like 1

Pleased Archie is feeling better..how is Ruby?

Eve...I don't think we have a hosepipe ban, I don't have a hosepipe as I have no ability to connect it to a tap! Parents have got fancy blooming taps all over the house!

Kotas not getting her lump out Wednesday, they are sending off cells from a needle aspiration and will decide what needs doing when we get the results...I would rather just have it removed but I trust Conor completely

I think we just had a few drops of rain. I hope there is much more to come as we need it. A few trees are changing leaf colour because there's been no water for so long.

Ruby has gone to work, a couple of hours after her start time but she wanted to wait for the post to see if her admission letter came. It didn't, even though the consultant told her he'd set her down the private route as it would be quicker. I've told her not to hang about at work if she starts feeling off-colour but to come home and rest. She needs something to occupy her though and going in means she can finish off some loose ends and get her department ready for a more lengthy absence once she's had the surgery.

I am thinking positive thoughts for Kota.

I fully understand Ruby wanting to go to work... sometimes a bit of normality can be good, even if she just does nothing...she will get fed up of being at home quickly after surgery

Off for lunch up the local today

Just a sandwich for me...it comes with chips but I will give those to Steve as he loves the ones up the pub lol. No beer for me though..I will be on pop

It's been very overcast here all day but no rain other than that splash we had earlier.

I've been delving into my family history due to the free access on Ancestry. I've gone down branches I've overlooked in the past in favour of chasing my main line of descent and it's been fascinating.

I've discovered that one of my great grandfather's cousins was in the Grenadier Guards from 1903 to 1907 and then he joined up again in November 1917 to serve in WWI, despite having a wife and 6 children. Or maybe that's why?? Anyway he survived, having served almost from the beginning right through until the end. He was 5ft 11" and his chest when fully expanded was 40-and-a-half inches. He also had tattoos on both forearms. He might have looked quite formidable because back then the average height of a British Tommy was 5ft 4" and men over 5ft 7" were relatively rare. My 2x great uncle also served in both the British army during the Boer War and in the Canadian Machine Gun Corps during WWI and he was 6ft. Oh and he was also in The Canadian Mounties. He was killed in 1917.

How exciting Yantan...my uncles 6ft 9 lol. My cousin has done my dad's dad's family line and my mums mum got so far along and traced her family back to avoca in Ireland then no further as the parish records were destroyed.

I have Irish ancestors too Griff and it's a nightmare trying to trace them due to either the loss of records to a big fire and/or the ancestors choosing to give a one word answer to the question "where born" on the English census as mine did - Ireland. Fat lot of help that is! I have the Irish side too thank for my red hair.