UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Caring And Sharing

Yantan

my friend will move in if im in hospital.

my friend hasnt answered yet if shes coming today. shes the type that just turns up. getting the kitchen emptied anyway. do it on a good day, don't know what ill be like tomorrow,

good job I didn't get a cancellation for the surgeon, he hasn't been there. should definitely know next week if my arm needs another op

the fosters owner said he likes squeeky balls, not that he kills them! oh well, there are loads there

I've done a few transport runs with handovers at Abingdon and Allendale. I think I prefer Allendale of the two of them but they are both fine and we always stopped off at one or tuther with the boys to let them have a short walk en-route to the north of Scotland.

I'm surprised the skip delivery driver put the skip in front of someone's garage unless the git who ordered it told him he'd got permission to do so. I think, but am not a 100% sure, that it is an offence to place a skip on the highway.

Hope emptying the kitchen isn't too ardous Jazz. Just take things slowly.

Archie was really norty this morning. I was giving him a turn up and down our back lane when he absolutely defied me and turned the corner on to the street at one end - and continued trotting around into the neighbouring street with me in not so hot pursuit because I am no built for it. He did turn round when I raised my voice so he could hear me but as I went to grab his collar he dodged past me and ran out on the road! In front of a car!! It gave the lady driver quite a fright and sent my blood pressure soaring. Fortunately the driver wasn't travelling fast and had enough space to stop without hitting him.

I rail against owners around here who walk their dogs without leads beside busy roads and there was mine off-lead almost creating an accident! He won't go out in the lane now without his lead. Honestly he used to be such a good boy and his recall was superb but now he's like Kevin the teenager and just thinks he can do what he wants - and with attitude.

Old dogs het that way, Yantan. Murphy will take of on his pwn mission. It is surprising how fast an old dogs can run when you are trying to catch up with them.

Murphy now goes on a long line so he can have some freedom but not take off.

He is obviously feeling better with his loxicom as last week he was quite happy to trot along on the long line but this week he was voicing his displeasure when he couldn't follow Cleo running about the beach.

We are getting the new worktop fitted on Thursday so will have to clear the decks beforehand. Not looking forward to finding somewhere to put everything out of the way. I have just tidied up the back bedroom so no doubt it will end up in there.

Polly puli was exactly the same in her later years, full of mischief. I used to let her offlead on the beach as I could outrun her on flat sand if necessary. But one day she beetled up into the dunes as she knew I would just flounder about there. She was skipping about along top of dune laughing at me, just out of reach. Luckily I had a friend with me who used to play for Saracens and he got her with a flying tackle.

• Like 1

Sounds familiar, Owl.

Murphy loves to go rabbiting in the sand dunes at our beaches. He always knows where we are and can find us quite easily when he want to even if we move position. But we don't know where he is, as the marram grass is taller than him, which I am not comfortable with.

I do think dogs enter a second puppyhood in their dotage. They develop a mind set of " I don't have to listen to you now I am old".

They also seem to know they will get away with it because they are old.

Can you come and do my kitchen when you are finished, Jazz?

• Like 1

Lol @ Archie growing old disgracefully. I intend to do so myself! Bet that was a heart stopping moment though Marion and so pleased he came to no harm. Hope your blood pressure's back to normal now.

Don't overdo it Jazz. What a shame your friiend couldn't get over to help you.

Quite a nice day here so the dogs all got good walks and I've done a bit of work in the garden. Going to settle down now for a binge watch of the football. I love the World Cup.

I feel bad now Eve...I have done..... nothing lol!!

Might go up the pub tomorrow to watch the footie with my dad beings as he is away today and it's father's Day I owe him a pint.

Got Steve a fathers day card from Molly, he was made up... it's a hard day for him as his dad left when he was 4 and his baby girl was still born, he is still her dad so didn't want the day to go unmarked for him and I know if Molly dog could get him a card...she would

• Like 1

Archie has (mostly) behaved himself today. Ruby took him for a woodland walk and he thoroughly enjoyed it. She made sure he was back on his lead well before they got to the road. He's currently napping on his sofa after playing the innies and outies game for about 3 hours. He's decided he now doesn't like the chicken dumb bells that used to be his most favourite treat. Right after I bought a big retail box of them!

I hope you all enjoy the football. Can't stand it myself so won't be looking in. Ruby hates it too but after making her staff take most of the world cup regalia down at work (not coz she is a meanie but they have to maintain a professional front for visitors and customers) she bought a ticket in their sweepstake. She drew Saudi Arabia so isn't expecting to win.

To be fair I am not that fussed over the football, the only good thing about the world cup or playing for their countries are they don't get the over inflated wages. I would still rather go to one of the parks and watch Sunday football as they don't chuck themselves on the ground so much!! As a rule, rugby is my thing, often a punch up but mates at the end

Lol..dogs are little monsters for doing that... luring you into believing they adore the treats then after bulk buying..nah, they are the work of the devil lol

Thanks Eve...he doesn't know I sent it because of his little girl, he probably thinks I am a little more nuts than he originally thought...mind, he gets a birthday card and present off Molly now and Christmas too (I think there's only me who gets him anything)