UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Caring And Sharing

Yantan

We always used to stay at Travelodges when travelling with George and Archie as they are very welcoming of dogs. They are basic but we were always comfortable, the beds were decent and everything was clean. If you book ahead ask for a ground floor room so it's easier to take Candy out for her wees. The only thing with a ground floor room however is that the windows don't open very far, for security reasons, and if it's hot you won't get much air. We always travelled with an electric fan for this reason.

And I recommend the Tom O'Ticks too. I've had a set for years and they are ace at removing ticks in a trice.

Winds here have mostly dropped a lot, still breezy but I think Ruby will be OK driving home. I spoke to a delivery driver earlier who had been on the A66 in the other direction, well before Penrith, and he said it had been very ropey this morning.

We've stopped at Southwaite, Suzeanna, and can confirm they're dog friendly and resonably priced. Tebay is as well though more pricey but lovely walks and better service facilities, for food etc. Where are you travelling from?

Edited by eve

We've stopped at Southwaite, Suzeanna, and can confirm they're dog friendly and resonably priced. Tebay is as well though more pricey but lovely walks and better service facilities, for food etc. Where are you travelling from?

Just outside Chesterfield in Derbyshire Eve.

You do have to pay £20 per dog per stay.

Gosh that's gone up since we last stayed at one with the boys. I think we paid £5 each for them but I could be wrong.

Archie is feeling much better but we aren't going for a walk again today as I want him to continue to rest and recover. He's had a look out in the back lane and done what a dog needs to do.

It's back to winter here. Although we can't really complain as we've had a lovely lengthy period of good weather.

been to the doctors. had 5 reviews and seen the gp. got to go to hospital and see the crisis team. havent got time to be ill. sorted foster to be picked up later. just eating dinner before i go. i mght be nuts but havent got time to be kept in

Jazz, believe me I know how you feel..I flatly refused to stay overnight in hospital when I had an episode of atrial fibrillation that sent my heart rate up to over 200, but if you are bad enough to need to be hospitalised it won't do you or the dogs any good if you collapse and die, will it?

• Like 1

Yes I will echo Suzeanna's thoughts Jazz. If you put off now it may well get worse and mean an even longer stay in hospital so if they do want you to go in really give it some thought :flowers: Hopefully it won't come to that and they will be able to help you as an outpatient.

Archie's almost back to normal (well what passes for normal around here)

put the man off bringing the dog, had to sort a different rescue before i went to hospital.

she was very nice. they don't know what to do, as pills will effect my liver more, so going Thursday. shes going to talk to other doctors, then do tests and make a decision.

Just had a phone call from a neighbour of my daughter. The arrogant bullying git who lives at the head of the square has parked a ruddy skip outside my daughter's garage. Just because they are away, doesn't mean we don't want to be able to get her car out. That man is a right royal pain, he thinks he owns the lane! Oops..there goes my blood pressure!

Suzeanna, ring the skip company and tell them he doesn't have permission and to get it moved

The jobs who have been smashing the house up ....sorry renovating the house next door since September have decided they can keep using my wheelie bin...errr no! This is not going to go well, hope they catch me after a drink

You do have to pay £20 per dog per stay.

And they really earned their £20 last time I stayed at Southwaite. It was December 2015 and Carlisle and everywhere around was flooded. The grounds at Southwaite were a mudbath. They had white bedspreads in the room, I had 2 young hyper staffy crosses .......... You could maybe go on a bit further and into Scotland Suzeanna and stay at Abington or Allandale Water on the M74. Be more like half way of the journey then. Both take dogs.

Good decision Jazz not to take on a new foster. Have you plans in place for your dogs if you do have to go in to hospital?

Back to winter again here too Yantan. Tried to dodge the rain for dog walks and managed it for Cooper but got soaked with Nick and then Honey despite waiting for dry spells before we went out. They were not amused.

Agree with Griff. Ring the skip company. Bloody cheek of the man!

Edited by eve

Travel lodge increased the charge a few years ago after the mess left by competitors going to Crufts. As usual, the majority suffer because of an irresponsible few.

We once stayed in a B&B at Oxford. We had gone into the tourist office who booked it for us. They phoned to ask if they would take dogs as nothing was stated in their details. The husband answered and said 'yes'.

We turned up at a big house with land extending down to the river Thames. Hr said the dogs could go swimming in the river if we wished!!!!!

The B&B part was an attached two up/two down cottage.

When we went in there was white walls, white bedding including duvet covers, pale blue carpet and a blue and white Chinese style rug.

All very nice but not really suitable for two hairy golden retrievers who were not getting near the river.

We immediately lifted the rug and put down sheets which we always take when we go away to put on the floor.

As we were emptying the car his wife approached us and nicely told us that if she had been in she would have said 'no dogs'. her husband had said yes because he loved dogs. She remembered the hairs her own golden retriever had left all over the place. She hoped her daughter didn't see them as she would love them and want one.

She was not upset that we were there, thank goodness.

We were only there one night but I hope we left a good impression of dog owners.

Hope you get your dogs sorted, Jazz, so you don't need to worry about them if you have a stay in hospital.You must do what is best for your health.

We had a day of gales and rain on Thursday but it cleared yesterday with some rain later on with intermittent sunshine. The plants were battered by the wind and the peony and one of the shrub roses needed tied up again.

Today is dry and fairly mild with broken cloud. Probably normal June weather for here.

Suzeaana, I agree, phone the skip company and tell them the skip is causing an obstruction and needs to be moved pronto. I would then go and take the car out of the garage just to spite him.

We are lucky to live in a friendly community, apart from the ancient family feuds that still exist. Once you know who doesn't speak to who, and who is related to who, it is alright.