UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Caring And Sharing

Yantan

So, I get up early as Steve has a meeting at work and we were going for lunch afterwards, got a call just before 10am...he has the wrong day!! It's tomorrow..so I am sat here with my hair done and make up on waiting until 1pm so I can go get my hair cut!!

The village idiot award goes to me Owl. When I was a carer for the L.A I had a new lady on my list to get to bed. I was busy trying to take her teeth out and wondering what sort of dentafix she used as it must be a super strength one when her daughter arrived and put me right. They were the ladies own teeth!

The weather can't make it's mind up today and is alternating between warm and overcast and hot and sunny.

The birds are eating us out of house and home. All the new babies are now of an age to come to the feeders and are stuffing themselves silly. Mr and Mrs Percy Pigeon and Percy Jr are as fat as butter. It's a wonder they can take off and stay up.

If anyone sees our Archie can they point him in the right direction and send him home. We have an imposter here who is surely at least 10 years younger than the real Archie. He runs, he jumps & he can walk without getting tired.

fostering a yorkie on friday, if the man can part with him. he was his wifes dog, she died 2 years ago. he lives in a mobile home. the owner of the park says dogs now have to be on chains, which he doesnt like to do.

still haven't ordered my shopping.

Yantan, our birds are the same. We have a window feeder with a central seed bowl and a holder on each side for a fat ball.

The other day mum, dad and four babies arrived. Mum and dad were each on fat ball and the 4 babies squashed into the seed bowl. It probably felt like being in the nest. Every so often a baby would beg for food from an adult but they were ignored and had to feed themselves.

Last night a female pheasant managed to fly up on the top of feeder and then worked out how it could balance and reach down to eat a fat ball. With great difficulty it managed it but kept slipping resulting in a flurry of wings. Jim was able to video it on his phone.

Last year we had a pigeon feeding all winter and summer. He really did waddle when he walked.

Murphy is yelping sometimes when he starts to get up or rolls up straight from lying on his side. It is very random -maybe twice or three times a day- so difficult to pinpoint exactly what movement is hurting him. I am giving him some metacam as that is probably what the vet will do and see if it helps. In between he is acting normal, even jumping up to catch his ring.

It does seem very similar to my first dog when she had a disintegrating disc so Ill see how he goes.

• Like 2

My neighbour came out to water her hanging baskets and spotted a nest full of baby blackbirds in her clematis, which is grows up the front of her house. She called me out to see it and we watched daddy blackbird feeding them. He wasn't a bit bothered that we were standing there chatting.

• Like 1

Glad Archie is doing so well, and hope Murphy will be OK.

That is funny, Yantan, about the teeth.

I told my lovely boss, the ranger at the reserve, about the incident in Worksop, and he said that as far as he was concerned I had pursued and detained the driver of a stolen vehicle who was driving under influence. The fact that the vehicle was a mobility scooter and the driver was hardly conscious was neither here nor there! He is right in a way as by engaging with the chap I kept him where he was until police arrived, and he did at one point start the thing up and nearly drove over my foot!

We had a tiring day at sheep count as they were all so full of grass and dozy in the sun that they did not come to the sound of bucket of sheep nuts being shaken. We had to go and find them in the tall nettles and thistles, where they were spark out. Took ages.

• Like 1

Hahahaha, crafty sheep!! Don't envy you the stingers... bloody awful things

Jazz, I would give the vet a right rollicking... sending you out with no after care advice.

Supposed to meet super geek after his meeting, just need to figure out what time and hope I have enough time to get dressed...I know what I am wearing and my nails and toenails now match the colour of the flower on the dress hahaha...get me!!

Aw poor Jerry, having to go through all that again. Did you get to choose the new kitchen, Jazz?

Well done Owl for inadvertantly catching a criminal lol.

Glad Archie's got a new lease of life Yantan. Long may it last.

Enjoy your date Griff.

Colder here today and rain due this afternoon. Garden could certainly do with it.

Have a great day everyone xx

Lol Suzeanna, very rare I paint my nails but thought I would make the effort... toenails are always done as I get fake tan all over them

Lol Eve..no date, it was with my Ex Steve, it was nice though despite the fact he attended work when they should have told him not to and both jobs he hoped he could do are a no go...one permanently, it's coaches for JLR but he would be on less money (£4 an hour less) and at least 4hours more a day..maybe 6, I said deffo not..the driver buddy he can't do at the moment as he isn't fit to drive a bus

Jazz, did they say why it failed?? Hope you gave them what for about the no aftercare advice