UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Caring And Sharing

Yantan

i was close to it, I tell you lol

lewis has been brought coffee and muffins. hes taking jerry to the vets tomorrow for her xrays. he will talk to the vet. ive got the doctors at 9am, its all go! then psychiatrist and surgeon for my arm thursday

It will be worth it in the end, Jazz. I hate the disruption decorating kitchens and bathrooms causes as they are rooms you constantly need access to.

My grandson wished my son Happy Birthday on Sunday.

Son replied 'Thank you, but it is not my birthday.It's Father's Day'

'Oh', grandson replied, 'I got confused'.

'Well it is like my birthday because you gave me a present.'

Grandson 'When is it Kid's Day?'

Can't fault the logic.

• Like 1

He's done half a day and gone??? Hope it doesn't drag on too long

Trying to figure out if I can repair Steve's windscreen or if he is covered on his insurance..of course he has his priorities right... cleaning his house, gaming and walking the dog. If I can get him to find his policy document I can go read it for him

I tried the power brush today and overall I think it's OK. It will certainly come into its own for cleaning down the shower wall panels and the bath is now a doddle as I don't have to either bend over or kneel (ooh my knees) to clean it. It cleaned out the mould where I could get it in but there are some really narrow, awkward sections where the glass doors bolt to the shower frame and the brush was just too big to get in there. I will try again after spraying them with Cillit Bang mould remover and can leave it on to work it's magic. Reading the instructions it said to be careful not to use harsh chemical cleaners which I think the Cillit Bang probably is so I will rinse it all off before cleaning down with the power brush.

There several different brushes to use but I think they may well need replacing after a while - and after reading reviewsnI was careful to buy a brand that sell replacement brushes. I can see them getting misshaped pretty easily as the ones I used are already showing signs of use.

Owl how long have you been using yours and does it charge up and keep it's charge OK? From the reviews of several different makes there were a few complaints about them not holding a charge long after the initial few uses.

When I was at school there was no drug culture in our little town and school. These days, as like most places, it's all around us. My sister fought a battle with this same school when her oldest boys were there over the ease at which drugs were available to pupils. The then headmaster refused to even acknowledge there was any sort of problem even though the dealers would stand outside the school selling them! I saw them for myself.

I tried cannabis when I was in my early 20's but thought nothing of it. I didn't like the way it made me run my mouth off or get the munchies. Someone spiked some food with magic mushrooms at a party I was at and I ended up being as high as a kite on them. It was bloody frightening, really frightening, especially the coming down part.I felt so ill. When I was high on the shrooms I was running up the street going toward the river with the belief that I was holding a live salmon that I needed to get back into the water. It was all in my head! I really thought I was holding this squirming fish that was intent on jumping out of my arms. After this experience I became very anti-drug and there's nothing in this world that would get me to take anything that wasn't prescribed by a doctor.

Jazz it will be worth all the upheaval once you have the new kitchen in. What cooking facilities have you got until it's completed?

Lol...I know I shouldn't laugh Marion but it is weird the things people get in their heads when high.

Jazz, my HA, used to send a team out at once, the kitchen and bathroom were done in 3days usually.

We have established Steve does have windscreen cover and it won't affect his no claims bonus

The kitchen fitter fitted our kitchen out pretty quickly given it's size but this was in a new extension. The sparkies had installed all the electrical points and lights beforehand and the plumbers had put all the pipe work in place including the gas supply for our range, The kitchen fitter came in and laid the laminate floor (Ruby's choice, I hate it) then installed the cabinetry on top of it. He was on his own and I think once the floor was laid he got it all done in under 3 days. It was an easy and straightforward job for the plumbers then to put the sink in and hook the range up for us. The electricians had some lights to fit under the wall cupboards but none of this took more than a few hours after the kitchen was fitted. I think fitting a new kitchen to an existing space is not always that straightforward where sockets may have to be moved etc.. Anyway Jazz I'll think "get on with it" thoughts for you.

I thought the better weather was supposed to be coming back? It's still grey and overcast here and not so warm.

Lunch time forecast said this is the end of the warm, humid weather.What warm and humid weather?

We have had wind for the last few days and intermittent sunshine so each day seems to be cooler than the day before.

We have had a visit from mummy partridge and her baby. This is the third day they have come. The chick is tiny- beak to tail it is the size of a large egg.

It was very windy yesterday. I don't know how it didn't get blown away.

just opened the box of ribs, it was 3 for £10. the box is the width of the fridge so thought id get 2 meals out of it. mmm its 1/3 of the size in the box, so a big meal for me and the dogs. no, they wont have the bones, just the meat

• Like 1