UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Caring And Sharing

Yantan

mmmmm

sent the power bank back because it didnt fit the phone. the man just replyed to say the cable provided is only to charge the power bank, need the cable from the wall charger to charge the mobile. didnt know that. the last mobile, i just used the cable provided

Sorry Jazz but in my opinion you shouldn't be paying that...they should. They sent a dog out after a major operation with no aftercare information...you have been allowing her to climb on the sofa herself as you weren't told any different...I suspect had you been told no jumping etc and it had been enforced, the op wouldn't have failed. Will the insurance not cover it??

Cruciate ruptures are very very common, neither of mine did agility but both had to have repairs, diesel was walking in a field when hers went and Laney slipped on ice...sods law about the insurance, have it and only minor things..get rid of it and the bills start rolling in

Sorry about Jerry. Amber went swimming on the sea and came out on three legs. Her cruciate had ruptured.

It sounds like she had the banding op where they replace the ligament with a nylon one.

Lack of restriction of exercise would certainly not help her recover.

I took Murphy to the vet this morning . He looked brighter this morning , having had Loxicom the last two nights but I only had a little left over from when Cleo had it.

I thought it was his neck or his shoulder that was sore but it is in fact his hips. She said both hips are badly affected and are probably beyond supplement help. So he is on Loxicom now.

That might explain why he has occasionally missed his step with one of back legs but a couple of steps and he was fine. She suggested a large bottle as it is cheaper in the long run. Usually we just get a small bottle.

He has had turmeric paste for a long time now which is probably why it has not troubled him until now.

We left in sunny, dry weather and I hung a washing out. Sods law, It started raining at lunchtime ( the first for weeks) so it was rather wet by the time we came home. The rain has stopped now so I will leave them to drip dry.

You were a good samaritan ,not a numpty, Owl.

they say swimming is good for them

shed and conservatory are sorted out, shed is full. then luna did the lassie bit, took me to the locked shed, where jerry had got to the back of the shed, on a shelf, so had to empty the shed and get her out. sod. she laughed at me. sod

• Like 2

Been reading, but not posting as I feel completely exhausted lately..not sure if it's the weather or the cancer, apparently that can make you very tired. Owl, you're a heroine to even stop to check that man! Jazz...sod's law says it would be the uninsured one! It does sound as if the vet was negligent by not giving you follow up advice, very infuriating!

We're changing plans for our two weeks off..not going to Yorkshire now, as it is easy enough to get to Whitby just as a day thing. Some years ago we took a trip up the west coast of Scotland. Philip's late parents lived up near Oban for several years and he loved the area. That time we went up as far as Torridon then came back, he'd like to go again but this time up to Ullapool. I'm now trying to work out how many overnight stops, where and which will take a dog as we'll have Candy with us. He wants to drive straight up to Fort William, I think bearing in mind we do have Candy, we should stop overnight at Carlisle, then go on up. Any thoughts, Yantan? Anyone? Last time we stayed in Connel, just outside Oban, then Plockton, then Duirnish, then came back down all in one go. For anyone who knows that area, one thing I don't intend to repeat is driving the Pass of the Cattle, lovely views but terrifying bends!

Edited by suzeanna

My mum and dad have been to ullapool...dad has one of those novelty lordships lol they were staying in Oban I think and drove it in a day....it was a looooong way...I would in all honesty break the journey, nicer to be able to stop and recharge your batteries than do it in one go

Suzeanna, have a look at this site http://www.drivingwithdogs.co.uk/walks/listings/browse/all/map.htm?listingRegion=2&listingCategories=4for ideas.

There are other sites of you Google 'dog walks from motorways'

I would say give yourselves plenty of time. Don't push it.

It is recommended when on a long drive you stop every 100 miles for a break.

Get "Smidge" to repel the midges, It is the best we have used.

Also, there are ticks, so use a preventative on Candy before you go and get a tick removal tool. We use the O'Tom tick remover.

Suzeanna when we went to Ullapool we did it in two legs and stopped at Perth overnight. My old pal Dorothy used to go to see her relations in the Hebrides and took the ferry from Ullapool but she made the drive from here (Keswick) in one day. She stayed at hotel in Ullapool that was very dog friendly.

If you do an overnight at Carlisle there are the chain places that accept dogs like Travelodge. There's one just off the M6 on the outskirts of Carlisle close to where you will want to pick up the A74(M) into Scotland and another actually on the M6 a few miles south of Carlisle at Southwaite services. There's more than one Premier inn but I don't know if they accept dogs. I don't know of any guest houses but I am sure there will be some - not needing them they've just never registered with me.

Well we've had a very stormy night and it's still continuing now. Archie took 3 steps backwards yesterday after more than a week of being really well. I had already decided we were staying put today but if I had planned to go for a walk I would have changed my mind. There's too many branches coming down and Ruby emailed me to say she'd had an awful drive to work with flying objects whizzing past her and trees and branches having fallen on or near the road.

Thanks very much, Yantan and Blackmagic, I knew I could rely on advice from here! I'll definitely get the Smidge and the tick removing tool, I should have one anyway as we walk Candy on the local fields and park and she's always rummaging around in the undergrowth. It's a wonder she hasn't picked up a tick before now.

I looked at the Travelodges near Carlisle, very reasonable prices so we may well try to get in one of those.

I hope the winds have settled Yantan, and Ruby makes it home safely.