UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Caring And Sharing

Yantan

Another scorching day here. I have been out weeding the garden this afternoon and I am puggled. I am not going to agility tonight. I tis too hot for Cleo to be jumping.

I watered the garden and pots as well. I know you shouldn't do it when the sun is shining but if I wait the midges will be out.

The forecast has no sign of rain before a week on Thursday (14th) morning 7am but 8am is dry again. the same at 6pm but dry at 7pm.

Then no rain as far the following Saturday when the long range forecast finishes.

This weather is unreal- Global Warming?

Our garage wall was covered in baby bluebottles last night. They seemed to be coming from inside the garage. Now we know why we were getting them in the house. We don't usually get bothered with them until August when they come in from the fields.

Glad dogs seem to be recovering. Long may it last.

ones with bad stomachs. have you got a bird bath? its just clicked, standing water. mine love drinking out of it. im putting fresh water in it, but have just emptied it and scrubbed the actual thing. it was filthy. see if that helps xx

No bird baths here...no standing water in my garden at all and they cant get near the drain either

Deagan has started again......she deffo didn't eat grass yesterday but i was in the garden a fair bit, i have increased her biscuits so will see as the days go on if it gets worse with the biscuits.....not that the vet thought that was the issue, i am not going to be able to have 2 dogs on different foods as they "help" each other with their dinners Lol

off to lidl in a bit, they have star wars mugs in...i got steve a massive latte mug for his birthday but they have chewbacca mugs for a fiver today so will grab one and it can go on display with the rest of his stuff in his gaming room (geek cave!)

It's another lovely day here. Archie and I were out by 7.30am for his walk so it was still reasonably pleasant. Got a message from Ruby sitting on her hotel balcony having breakfast and watching the rain pour down. Haha! I told her it was glorious here.

I'm gonna have a scone with a cuppa for my lunch now as I had a late breakfast and don't feel like anything more.

been and got supergeek his chewbaaca mug and a bottle of triple sec as a treat

i have a pizza for my dinner did treat myself to a sweet chilli and tomato focaccia whilst i was at lidl...yum yum

been trying to tan my back...not successfully and now the sun has gone in...boo

I'm watching the news and they are saying the Lake District is cut off because it has no rail service due to the upheaval over rescheduling. What a feckin crock! That's just the businesses exploiting the situation to get some free publicity and make people feel sorry for them so that even more tourists come here and drop money in their grasping little paws.

Anyone wanting to come by train only needs to travel on the main west coast line to Penrith, as they have to anyway to come to the north lakes. There are regular bus services to the south lakes from Penrith, although some people prefer to jump in a taxi for the rest of their onward journey. I used to work at a taxi firm and was always booking taxis to meet trains in Penrith for holidaymakers.

I just hate how some of the purveyors of tourist businesses never miss a trick to make even more £££. There is a good all year trade here these days and they do far better than many places. How they would have coped when the tourist season ran easter to the end of October I don't know. They'd be bitching about that now but people and businesses just accepted it, shut up shop, went and had a holiday, came back did some refurbishment and otherwise got ready for the next season.

It was the same during and after Foot And Mouth. They were all complaining about loss of business but they didn't shout about all the government compensation they got. Many of them used it to buy new furniture and go abroad on holiday. I don't forget these things!

And breathe!

Lol Yantan, stop sitting on the fence and say what you really think. Maybe tourists are lazier than they used to be and just see 'no trains, won't go' Then you won't have so many inconsiderate numpties staying close by

Hope supergeek likes his mug Griff. Chewie is my favourite Star Wars creature lol

Scorching here today again - what's going on, don't they know I'm in Scotland! Meant to have thunderstorms and torrential rain by early evening so I didn't water - didn't happen so I'll have to be out with the hose tomorrow morning

Eve...he has a talking chewy, a cuddly chewy, pop vinyl etc...one day I will post pictures of his geek cave, I have picked most of the stuff for it...looks brilliant, just needs the walls painting grey and could really do with a new carpet (a 9year old girl picked jade green for the walls and a pink carpet!!)

Yantan, I would get the train and then a bus, coach or taxi as needs be...Ido believe that people are very lazy and actually quite stupid nowadays

You spoil that bloke, Griff!

I do see your point Yantan, but this morning they were talking to a young mum who is moving house because it's getting so hard to get her children to school because of the lack of trains.

I was rather surprised this morning, watching Lorraine. Michele Heaton was on..she had a double mastectomy and then a full hysterectomy so she could avoid cancer. Hate to tell you love but cancer can strike other places, but that's beside the point. What surprised me was she said she was shocked to find she'd been plunged straight into menopause, she didn't know that would happen. Why on earth didn't the surgeons point this out, but more important, why on earth didn't she look up what would happen? Young women (and men!) these days seem to know all about what makeup to use, which clothes are the right thing at the moment and absolutely zilch about their internal workings! What goes on inside is as important..or more..than what's on the outside, folks.

Why on earth did she not know anyway...I believe biology is still taught in schools?? She had her surgeries to avoid the hereditary cancer though didn't she?? She has the gene that means she would be likely to get it.

Hahaha...I know Suzeanna, he is thoroughly spoilt but in all honesty it hasn't cost a lot...I am a proper bargain hunters and I would say the room has cost about £300 minus the gaming p.c, he doesn't have a clue about eBay or how to hunt for a better price bless him...he is very much an impulse buyer. According to him the mug I got should usually be about £20...wish I had bought more and sold them on now!!