UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Caring And Sharing

Yantan

Did it again. Went to track a dog who was found just as we arrived. Wispa was all wound up to start work so I took her for a nice walk in fields and one was empty with good visibility all round so she had a romp offlead.

• Like 1

Oh dear Griff..is it easy to cure? They get it from either eating another animal's faeces, or drinking contaminated water I think Jazz. Dylan used to be terrible for grabbing yucky stuff and eating it, thank the lord Candy doesn't and she doesn't like going in water either.

It's not always allowing though. Usually you can spot them being interested in 'stuff' but sometimes, espeecially with Honey, they are so quick you just can't stop them. She's like lightening. Strangely enough they're only like it in France. Obviously Scottish wildlife poo is not such a delicacy. Really hope Deags is ok Griff xx

• Like 1

There are puddles up the field so she could have drunk something, both had been ill about a month back, vet reckons Kota shook it off but not Deags..might not be that as they haven't done the stool sample. First time any of my dogs will have had it but diez always used to eat other dogs business and was never I'll that is exactly the reason I won't walk mine when ill to stop stuff spreading, sadly others here aren't so considerate

Positive thoughts for Deags :wub:

I've had Taz out with Archie this morning. He is a handful! I would never have a Spaniel of any sort. They are lovely dogs but just not for me.

I'm glad Wispa got to enjoy a good old off-lead romp Owl. Did you join her?

Ruby's gone to Portugal this morning for something to do with work. Some sort of compliance thing I think. She'll be back late on Friday night.

I'm making myself a bacon and egg pie for my tea. It will last me 2 days so I won't need to cook tomorrow.

Thanks Yantan, she has been to the toilet and it was o.k...thank god!! i have given her half biccies and half chappie and she has had her wormer in it.

Lol...spaniels are nuts!! proper little live wires...lovely though

sun is back!!! i got some sleep so am happy

• Like 1

Glad to hear Deags seems to be improving, Griff, bet that's a big relief for you.

Yantan, there are a few springers around here and apart from the one ancient one, they are all nutcases! Our little cocker girl is at least 8 and quite probably older, but she has her mad moments and my son's cocker pup is a real handful. He got it without consulting me first, thinking it would be the same size and temperament as Candy...erm, no! She's show type, so small, he got one from working lines, a lot taller and nuttier! Candy had us in hysterics the other day on the park, she thought Philip had thrown the ball and she went charging off then did these sort of boings in the air, with ears flying. I wish I'd had a camera with me, she looked so funny.

• Like 2

Lol, I love it when dogs do stuff like that, I will always remember the first time mine go into the field with 4ft high grass...love watching them bounce

Waiting for furniture for my parents, the courier is sh*te said he would deliver today but call mum first...nothing, she has text, nothing....I need to go to the cash point as I borrowed some money from mum and I hate owing people

Glad Deags is a bit better. Giardia can be very nasty and it can also be picked up by humans, but I am sure you are ware of all that stuff.

No Yantan, I did not romp with Wispa because I had driven all the way there and was not feeling very energetic. Also the field was lumpy and I would have fallen flat.

I love it when they go boinging thro long grass. Archie used to do it. Fat chance now of course, bless him.

Taz is a Cocker. He is lovely, I always call him Elvis because of his quiff. I think he'd be better behaved if he had had consistent training from the off, however there are 4 of them who share his training, walks and care and they aren't always singing from the same hymn sheet.

Owl I am relieved that you didn't go mad in the field and possibly injure yourself.

We've had some of those awful young Geordie doorstep sellers here again who ignore my "no cold callers" sign. It's always at this time of year and I think this is the 5th year running. It was a different pair from last year but they were equally obnoxious.

I have the front door slightly open to allow a breeze in. I heard someone calling and as I am expecting a delivery I went out. One of them was on my neighbours path and as she was out of course he hadn't got an answer so he thought he'd try me. I politely pointed out my sign and told him that I never buy at the door.

He tried a cheeky chappie routine on me and then his mate turned up and made to come through my front gate. I told him not too and by this time Archie had wandered out but being partially deaf and not seeing so well he was just standing there. The lad at the gate said "if that dog comes at me I'll string him". I remained calm but told them both to get going. The one on my neighbours path started mocking me by repeating what I said in a silly voice. I told them they were going the right way to get reported to the police and trading standards. They both stood there like the utter idiots they are repeating what I said in silly voices. I got my phone and said "right I'm taking your photo to add to my report to the police". The one who had been on the path said "eeewwwww, do you want us to get our $^&£ out". As I held the phone up they scarpered giggling as they ran along our road like a pair of silly 7 year old girls.

Last year I reported the 2 who called to the police but they really weren't interested. I understand they have far worse things happening and demanding of their time & that all police forces are under pressure so I didn't call them. However I did report it to trading standards. I also sent a report in to the Community Neighbourhood Message System which gets passed to the police as well as other agencies. Hopefully the online manager will send an email alert to all those signed up to the system and some people will at least get a warning. There are a great number of elderly people in this town and I dread to think what sort of persuasive messages these mindless thugs pull on them.

Right I'm off to make my pie. If anyone wants a slice it will be ready about 4.30.