UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Fireside Chat

Yantan

As a treat..i went to Lidl lol, got a cordless steam iron for £15, got a few things for my mums party too

You do know how to be good to yourself :biggrin:

I buy quite a few things in Lidl now. They are cheaper than Tesco. I bought my steam iron from them about 10 years ago and Jim has bought a few tools from them.

• Like 1

Jazz, yes i would have rung the police....the minute i shut the door to them.....nobody should be going round knocking peoples doors at that time of night unless expected and selling stuff at that time of night...deffo dodgy

Blackmagic, i like some of the stuff from lidl, i got an ionic hair dryer from them and i am still quite impressed with it

Edited by griff

I love the cottage cheese with pineapple, 43p instead of £1.20 elsewhere. I get the dogs treats too, and the bread lasts longer than hovis

think ill ring the police and see if anyone else has complained, or meat been stolen

gp has rung. my livers worse so need a scan. that's all she can do as ive been discharged by the hospital as I cant get to the next town to see the nurse about my ibs.

Do be careful Jazz..do you have a chain on your door? They might be sussing out who lives alone, who might have cash etc. I still smile about the time when we were living in our previous place, doorbell went and three dobes went berserk in unison. I opened the door to find a bloke half way back down the drive..he said he was selling security systems, but he didn't think I needed one! Must confess, the two bitches wouldn't have touched him, the male would probably have had him on the floor.

• Like 1

Jazz, could the nurse not do a telephone consult?? a lot of gp's and nurses do this now...would be better than nothing i imagine, at least you would have regular contact with her and if you had a worry you could call her...also i think our gp does a web chat thingy too

Lol Suzeanna...sounds like our house, we live in a row of four and out of four ours was the only one not to have been broken into or attempted to be broken in too...pee's me off the dogs barking sometimes but it obviously does the job

you would think she would, but no

when I 'fostered' merlin, I was thinking of reasons to keep him. first night, someone tried breaking in the front door. my dogs didn't even wake up, but he went mad. they left us alone and robbed next door. ok, hes staying lol

I'm doing the same with goliath, mmm then a man is at the door at midnight. is that a sign?

We are open plan to the front door so when somebody knocks the dogs bark and run to the door.

We very rarely get doorstep sellers calling. We are too out of the way unless they are grubby, white van men scouting round the crofts to see what they can get.

In there case I open the door a little with the dogs behind me. That tends to deter them.

But we do occasionally get the Jehova's Witnesses calling and when I open the door they are standing back down the path.

If no one is in the dogs don't make a sound.

After all, there is nobody to tell there is somebody there.

Being on a single track road with a passing place at our house we get cars stopping to give way or to answer mobile phones. They get shouted at by the dogs!

Archie has a deep bark so he sounds way bigger than he is. He's seen lots of unwanted callers off as I just had to say "if your not of my property in the next 10 seconds I'm letting the dog out at you". However with his hearing going now he often doesn't realise someone's there.

Jazz have you got a sign up saying "no cold callers"? Though I don't think that would deter the sort that come knocking at that time of night! Mine says I will report anyone ignoring the sign to trading standards and the police - and I do!

I've just had a lovely visit and catch up with a very old friend and I told her I was gay. She didn't believe me at first so I didn't do a bad job of being in the closet. She was absolutely fine with it once she got over the shock!

• Like 2

Apparently my eldest grandson is going to the cinema with his girlfriend on Thursday. He'll be 9 on the 19th! Mind you, her mum and brother are going too. It's quite a long term relationship though, as she gave him a card and chocolate last Valentine's Day! Oh dear...they may be needing to have "the talk" sooner rather than later.

• Like 2