UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August's Aspirations.

suzeanna

Owl...i am like your friend, i have said if ever anything happens if i can't have a decent quality of life turn me off or off me whichever is required

Suzeanna, i have had an echo before hence knowing about the leaky bits Lol...from what i recall there are 3 leaflet bits...think thats right

Oh gosh, i hope all planning gets turned down, we have JLR building just about 10 mins walk from here, farmer has been chucked off his family farm, green land being destroyed...p*sses me right off

Owl I am so sorry to hear the latest on Angela. I'm the same I would not want to be kept alive in those circumstances.

I thought because all had gone quiet Suzeanna that the opencast thing had been put to bed so I am sorry that it's still ongoing. When will it all stop with the building and fracking and opencast mining - when we finally have little or no countryside left?

We've had some really heavy showers and some sun but mainly showers.

That is sad news, Owl.

My mother-in-law had a stroke many years ago now and she seemed to be okay but then went downhill.

The doctors told us that when the stroke occurs the balance of sodium and potassium in the body gets disrupted. It takes three weeks for the damage caused to become apparent. Unfortunately, it is not something they can correct.

We had a nice weekend with the family down in Edinburgh. My son snd his girlfriend were over from Romania so we had a family get together on Sunday. His girlfriend's father was having surgery yesterday to have a heart bypass. He had 4 stents inserted.

Romanian hospitals are very basic. Patients have to take in their own mug and cutlery. Nurses have to be bribed to give care and families take in food. Dana was amazed at our NHS hospital and said they would have to go private to get anything like that.

When Jim was in high dependency each patient had the use an i pad supplied by the hospital.

Blackmagic, it was a severe heart attack which my friend had, not a stroke, but her brain was damaged by anoxia because her heart stopped for 18 minutes. Just had more news, none of it good. The brain damage is dispersed through her brain, it has all been affected. They have agreed with her brother that she is to have no further procedures of any kind, just palliative care. What infuriates us all is that they are legally bound to try and resuscitate if her heart stops again, because she does not have any document anywhere that can be found which says otherwise. Not their fault, but so wrong and cruel.

She could be like this for days or even weeks :( Not looking forward to tomorrow. Will have my head in a book on journey for fear I might start crying on train and make exhibition of myself.

Relief about your foster, Jazz.

Owl...i am so sorry but i think I may look into a DNR form my parents know what i want but legally that doesn't hold much water...if your friend wouldn't want to continue i hope that pneumonia takes her quickly and peacefully ( i mean no disrespect but that is what i would want)

Jazz, great news for poppy

What an awful situation Owl. I wish I was closer to come with you on the journey part.

Recently my solicitor told me that you can leave a letter of wishes stating what you would like done with your body cremation/burial etc. & go into as much detail as you like or simply leave it at that. You can state you do not want resuscitated in the event of a catastrophic medical event or if indeed you want everything medical to be tried before the end comes. Sign it & get it witnessed by someone who knows you but wouldn't be a beneficiary of your estate. He did add that it's imperative that people know it exists and where its kept for when it's needed. If you already have a will you can lodge a copy of the wishes with it at your solicitors.

Otherwise, and if you can afford it, make it a living will.

The interesting thing is that after you are dead you no longer own your body and your wishes are only that and there is no law that says they must be adhered too.

Such sad news about Angela. We have patients with DNR orders on their medical notes. In the case of arrest, we still have to do CPR and call an ambulance, then a hospital doctor will make the necessary decision. Hopefully we will never have that situation at work - I'm not sure how I'd feel doing CPR against their wishes.

Going camping in Snowdonia tomorrow. Hoping to climb Snowdon on Sunday (weather depending!). Fingers crossed for reasonable weather :)

Very sad and exhausting day. Angela is listening and recognising but cannot do things she did the other day, like squeezing hand once for yes and twice for no. She looked into my eyes and it felt as if she was asking me to help her out of this situation. I only wish I could. I am beyond tears now but if I got a call to say she had gone I would cry with relief.

• Like 1