UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August's Aspirations.

suzeanna

Same to you, Owl. Hope any searches will have happy endings!

It's my son's birthday on Friday but I posted his cards today, I don't trust the Royal Mail to get them there if I leave it any later.

I was waiting for a very overdue bus to go to the surgery for a medication review earlier..woman from opposite me came out in her car, stopped just before the bus stop and gave a lift to a bloke nearly at it and completely blanked me! Wonder what I've done to upset her? They are weird round here, they really are! (No way could she not have seen me, before anyone says that.) Wish we could win the lottery, I'd be out of here like a shot!

Hello August.

I spent last weekend up with mum and dad in their caravan in Berwick. Well I say Berwick, the caravan was there, but we went to Rosslyn/Edinburgh the first day and then Lindisfarne yesterday. I didn't see Berwick :laugh: They have got Ted with them and I got quite upset yesterday seeing him struggle with his walking. We took him to the beach on Lindisfarne - he can walk, but not very far, so he has a pram to go out and about in. We let him off on the beach and he tootled around, but then tripped over a rock and fell over. I burst into tears, he's not in any pain, but I hate seeing him get old and I really can't say goodbye to him yet. I don't think he'll see Christmas. I'll be devastated when he goes as he's such a little character.

Jayne, it is so sad to watch them grow old....i am in the same boat with Dex cat, all you can do is your best for them and be strong when the time comes, i know it won't be long for Dex but i am glad for every memory i can make with him

Old dogs are special but it is so sad to see them deteriorate. It is the hardest decision to make butt he last kind thing you can do for them.

My son and his family have recently been on holiday to Spain.

My 5 year old grandson asked his dad how many suns were there in the sky. When told only one he replied ' then why is the sun hotter in Spain than it is here?'

Sun shining again this morning. We have warm weather for the last 4 weeks, mixed with a cold wind, a warm breeze and sometimes heavy showers. Every day has been different. The joys of a British simmer.