UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August's Aspirations.

suzeanna

Owl..that is terrific news

Off to the cardiologist today...i am undecided as to whether i want them to find something or not..i know i have 2 leaky valves and an atrophied leaflet but don't know if i want a cause for my pulse and palpitations to be found or not

Ooooooo have you found anything of interest Yantan?

got to the hospital, got an ecg, went to get weight etc done i know only weigh 54kg so have lost 3.5 stone, my pulse was 133. Got in their and was met by a lovely foreign guy but getting over his accent what with being half deaf was a bit tricky! anyway, basically he was telling me not to worry about the palpitations and high pulse rate, he said he doesn't think heart related could be thyroid, diabetes etc..been checked for those..he never asked about my family history, if i smoked or drank nothing...was going to send me on my merry way until i said i had gpa...then it all changed!! i am getting an appointment for an echo, he wanted to do another 24 hour holter but i said i had one last year and didn't want to waste the nhs money by getting another...soooo no further forward but as long as it keeps beating, i am happy

• Like 1

Morning all, Lovely sunny day at the moment...i have to go out in a bit so i am sure it will chuck it down Lol. My dad has finally gone back to work after 3 days off!! will be nice to have control of the remote and i am now catching up on red rock as i have missed 3 days of it, will also be nice not to have my ears chewed off about cars, i swear he was driving me nuts Lol.

Sorry Jazz, leaflet is part of the heart valve, mine is atrophied which means it doesn't close properly which is the cause for one bit of my leaky valve

i have been really childish Lol, my awful neighbours who have sold up have broken glass all on my drive...just left it there, so the other day i swept all their crap in front of their garage and i have just gone out and got as much of the glass as i can and threw it in front of their garage Lol...now am i 37 or 37 months Lol

Well, you just returned their property to them hehe.

Angela has deteriorated and it looks like neurological damage, constant shaking and twitching which may be mild fits, Back on ventilator and sedated. Surgery not now being considered. Will know more when her bro has seen consultant today about results of a further brain scan. I am visiting her tomorrow.

Oh dear Owl, that doesn't sound too good. Hope it's something that can be resolved with time? It must be hell for her family and friends to have hopes raised then dashed again.

My daughter has friends in Alonissos, English couple who live there permanently and the woman had breast cancer a few years back, had all the treatment, seemed to be fine but it came back a year or so ago. More chemo etc but now she's suddenly gone downhill very fast, tried to get up in the night for the loo and her legs wouldn't work, and from what the doctors are saying she isn't going to come back from this. I've had various people tell me I was silly not to have all the treatment the consultant wanted me to, but I've read/heard/known so many who did have and still it came back, that I don't think I was wrong.

I've had an echo cardio scan Griff, really quick and in my case didn't show any problems at all. I did know what a leaflet was but still had a mental picture of your heart with teeny little leaves growing out of it!

Some of you might remember that some time back..must be about six years? I said that a company had applied to opencast the fields behind our house? You could be forgiven for thinking it was all forgotten, no such luck. They have now referred it to the Government department for something or other, they will come here in November to see for themselves then make a decision probably in December. Talk about dragging things on! There are more fields on the other side of our small estate (we're pretty rural) owned by the same farming family and they've put in for planning for 300 houses on there, the people living near that are up in arms too, all we need now is for a fracking company to appear and we'll have the set! Oh..forgot...the area where my daughter lives has one of those going at the moment, posters up all around there against it. (You'll know it, Owl.)

I don't think Angela's problems can be resolved with time. If she does not have surgery she cannot survive out of hospital. She is too weak for surgery and if she does have significant brain damage it would be cruel and pointless to keep her going. She would not want this.

That's so sad..but I see your point. You say they are doing a brain scan today?

I don't know if the proposed fracking will affect Handley wood, it's mainly the fields that go across the main road..you know, the road that goes to the Travellers Rest, and across to Marsh Lane.