UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Jawing Jollily

Jazz

Aww, Eddie is gorgeous :wub:

Went to a wedding last night. I had asked Holly (the bride) if there were any cute single guys going. She said no. She was wrong :laugh: She came running over to me and said that her stepbrother had asked who the pretty girl in the black and silver dress was. So anyway, she introduced us, we got on really well, had a kiss and he's taking me out on a date :biggrin: He left at about 10pm though, I stayed till 12.30. Had a brilliant time, even though I was driving - saw a totally different side to my boss :laugh:

• Like 2

That sounds exciting Jayne..the bruises on your legs didn't put him off then? :D

I was reading about a pup called Hank in Belfast who has been seized under the DDA as being a pitbull, although his owners say he's labxboxer. What confuses me, is if they can test dog poop for DNA to track down owners who don't pick up, why can't they just check the DNA of these supposed pitbulls? It is so unfair on the poor dogs and their owners, the whole law is damn ridiculous. :mad1:

• Like 3

Can someone tell me what the place in Manchester/stockport is called for discounted cookers and appliances.

My cooker is giving up the ghost and as am moving house soon I don't want to buy a new one as the other house already has a cooker in it.

It was mentioned in a previous months thread but I cant remember now

thanks

Hope you get an improvement soon, Suzeanna.

Glad you had a good time, gooster.

We knocked ourselves out somewhat yesterday. Whizzed out to near Cleethorpes and spent 2 1/2 hrs tracking a terrier who has gone on a jolly. Didn't find her but established where very recent scent was found. She seems to be hunting in cornfields. Got back well after midnight. Good thing I don't have any commitments for today, as we feel like a couple of garden slugs.

Jayne, how very very exciting

sorry i didn't appear yesterday, i had an awful day, went to the dr and she was concerned, my pulse was 136 and i was having palpatations, she asked about anxiety so the whole sorry mess came spilling out, i was told by her to call him and see if things could be fixed as it was obviously worrying me, i did....after an hour on the phone and getting i don't now what i want, i don't want to say yes but i don't want to say know to do you want me to say no then is that what you want me to say, things got pretty ugly, i went nuts and told him that funny how he refused to see me after he had slept with me and i could not believe that a few weeks ago he told me off for saying we wouldn't be together , i also said that he was really awful for starting something up with me knowing how badly i had been treated and more importantly how ill i am....he turned round and said how dare i use my illness to guilt trip him...basically i couldn't get out of him if he wanted me or not so i wished him good luck in getting his life sorted and we are done, i can't believe i have been so very very stupid

Griff you aren't stupid in the least, you saw something in him that wasn't there, that's the bottom line. Not your fault..probably not his either, if that is his nature then no matter how much people imagine and hope they can change others, they usually can't.

I managed to take Rosie on her usual walk this morning and boy is my leg making me suffer for it! I've gone against the dr's orders and taken some ibuprofen, paracetamol just didn't do anything.

• Like 1

When you read in the papers about people who have been married for many years and thought they knew their other half inside out suddenly finding they didn't know them at all, it makes you realise a lot of folk are very good actors!

I don't think it will hurt taking them occasionally, I'm not meant to take them because they interact with the blood pressure pills I take and can cause kidney damage. Because I'm not putting my weight on evenly although I'm trying to, it's making my already weak left knee play up, so I'll risk it.

Yippee Jayne

You haven't been stupid, he has though. Very stupid. But some people can't cope when things are going well and try to destroy it. Well done to him for screwing things up.

Hope you are resting well Owl.

Suzeanna, is there a difference in integration of meds with the cream version of ibuprofen?

I have come to the conclusion I over share with Ben, as I like to tell him lots of things, like snippets of conversations with friends or things I have seen or done. He doesn't seem to share much back though and I have heard more in a few days from his cycling friends than him in months! I think I'll try keeping a diary instead now.

That sounds exciting Jayne..the bruises on your legs didn't put him off then? :D

I was reading about a pup called Hank in Belfast who has been seized under the DDA as being a pitbull, although his owners say he's labxboxer. What confuses me, is if they can test dog poop for DNA to track down owners who don't pick up, why can't they just check the DNA of these supposed pitbulls? It is so unfair on the poor dogs and their owners, the whole law is damn ridiculous. :mad1:

There is no such breed as a pitbull. It is a cross hence the use of pitbull type. Any dog who conforms to a set of physical measurements is classed as pitbull type regardless of heritage. A innocent puppy can grow up to have these measurements. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/69263/dogs-guide-enforcers.pdf scroll to Annexe 2

Ireland has not adopted the measures the UK has to allow the dogs who are assessed as not dangerous to be returned to their owner, subject to strict rules.

They do open Sunday - I've been there a few times on a Sunday. It's in the old PC world building (the funny looking grey one on the corner of a junction between the A635 Ashton old road before it becomes the Manc Way). You can haggle the prices in there as well :wink: