UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Jawing Jollily

Jazz

Got my scaffolding price reduced - yay!

1. Because I complained about the little gobshite, who was rude to me, when he turned up with 2 others at the ass crack of dawn (well OK it was 9am but it was Sunday and I was still in bed!) to put the scaffolding up.

And 2. they'd managed to get it erected with rather fewer poles etc. so he reduced the price down from £500 to £350.

He's a lovely chap, just a young guy, trying to get himself a good name in town and expand the business. He stopped and had a good crack with me as we found we knew a lot of the same people. He's knows one of my brothers really well. It also turns out he rents the little barn adjacent to our nursery gardens. So he asked if we had a building there that he could rent as he's running out of space. I told him I'd find out and let him know. I don't think we have but he's the sort of tenant we like to have there. I shall speak to my brother who looks after that side of things.

Suzeanna constant pain is very wearing. Feel better soon :flowers:

Owl I am sure any book you put together will be a wonderful read. I love the little snippets of your life/tracking we get on here.

That's a pain. How old is it? still under guarantee? The kitchen here is a fitted one and there was a dishwasher in situ, but I got it taken out and a regular cupboard in. Washing up for two of us takes two ticks and I'd rather have the storage.

We have critters visit our rural garden. Pheasants come looking for food. Currently there are a male and a female. The male looks in the patio doors of there is no seed left round the back. If we are in the kitchen he hangs off the wall, jumps on the window sill or stands on the door step. We have had the female striding through the kitchen.

We also have a regular wood pigeon who waddles about- he must be the best fed pigeon.

We occasionally find clumps of pigeon feathers in the garden and assumed it must be a buzzard or one of the farm cats that did it.

Yesterday, hubby saw the female pheasant attacking the pigeon and feathers everywhere.

Who would have suspected an innocent looking female pheasant of being a terrorist.

• Like 1

Jayne it's often the case that the machine just needs resetting. Our old Indesit washer would just stop mid cycle. Our lovely old repair man showed me how to re-set it. I can't remember now which buttons I had to press at the same time before letting go of one followed by tuther a few seconds later, but I'll bet if you Google the make & model you could well find the answer. Worth a try anyway before you call the repair person out.

Yantan, pleased you got your price reduced...I would commit murder if someone came round at nine on a Sunday lol

Suzeanna, I do hope your pain eases soon

Jazz, hope you feel o.k today

Jayne, men are plain weird, I hope Zak calls

Black magic...wow, fancy a pheasant doing that

I am really really missing Steve, used to chat for an hour a day and I am having to keep all my thoughts to myself now, I am hoping he is doing o.k, haven't called him since Saturday but have found myself worrying about max and molly...he lives on his own, the dogs don't ever bark and as far as I am aware apart from work I am the only person he spoke to everyday...I am sure all is fine and I won't call

Birds can be nasty things, not just the crows etc. Robins look cute but will fight to the death, and doves aren't peaceful either!

One of the local farmers must be muck spreading..ewwww the pong is awful, it's making me feel quite ill. I've got another physio appointment at 2.30, hopefully the smell won't have reached as far as there.

I drove to The Range this morning as we need a new kitchen bin, only a fifteen minute drive there but half way back my calf was seizing up. If things don't improve soon there's no way I'll be able to go down to visit my son and his family at the end of August, so annoying.

Griff, can't you just at least text him and say you hope all's well with him and how are the dogs coping with the heat? For all you know he's thinking about you as much as you are about him!

Oh no Suzeanna, is there nothing they can do/ give to help??? How very frustrating

I don't want to contact him again as I did genuinely only call to check he was o.k on Saturday after Charlie had said he had been taken bad again, he has deleted my numbers I think and I doubt he would be thinking of me at all, he obviously needs time to sort himself out and having blood pressure issues the last thing he needs is more grief and stress from me....I don't think I am the woman for him, he was deffo the man for me. I am booked in for my new tattoo on 19th august

Jazz, is it apoquel?? Deagan is on that and it is fab

should have said, he thought i was nuts for saying i loved him...i have known him 2 years, from the very first time i met him doing his training i wanted him and getting to know him, it was like meeting the male version of me, we were so alike, 2 dogs who take priority over our lives, neither being able to go on holiday or days away because of the dogs, both preferring animals to humans, both being skint and tonnes and tonnes of other things in common, i spoke to my friend Pat yesterday and she said it is quite common for people to just "know" when they have met their one, her mum was one of them, she married her dad after 3 months, my aunty said she felt the same as me on a couple of occasions in her life, Steve said he bet i fell for people dead easy and i am honest so i told him no, i loved Nidge, he was my soulmate, i love Steve and that won't change and i have told him that, i never loved the others....i was pregnant with one and got engaged to him for the sake of the baby (i was 19 and in a bad way with my leg)...when i lost the little one i ended the engagement and ran, i just hope that he does follow through in speaking to somebody as he can't continue the way he is, he has always been consistent in saying he thought he was ready for a relationship but that he wasn't sure, he didn't know and was confused about how he felt...trouble is, i can't be doing with being kept hanging, life is damn short and mine is more complicated than most and i was determined he would be my happy ending....b*ggered that right up!

Jazz, the apoquel really is fantastic stuff, deagan has been on it for about 9 months i think, she has gone from a tablet twice a day to a tablet once a day and now down to 1/2 a tablet every other day...she is also doing the immunotherapy which is obviously helping things, she has not had piriton for at least 6 weeks now, the immunotherapy seems expensive but when you think it is £200 for 6 months it isn't that bad really, they have said they will teach me to inject her but i prefer to fetch her down and pay the vet £12 as she gets used to being there then

Edited by griff

Hope it works, Jazz.

Well, physio says I can stop doing the exercise for the hamstring as it seems to be easing off..good news. Not so good news...she did some nerve tests and says that as well as the hamstring, I've pulled the sciatic nerve which runs through it! That's me, never do things by halves! I have new exercises to do, plus for ten minutes twice a day I have to lie on my front with a bag of frozen peas on my bum over the painful bit. I can hear you all laughing..you'll be sorry:(

OMG....you will get a numb bum!!!!!!!!!!!! us laugh...as if we would!!! seriously though, i really hope you can get yourself into a fit enough state to go and visit your family...would the train or a coach be an option? if i could drive i would come and fetch you and take you to where you needed to go...would even stop for wee breaks for you Lol