UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Jawing Jollily

Jazz

I always have to ask for tape over the cotton wool when I have a blood test, I come up in a rash if they use Elastoplast. Last time I had an ECG you could see the marks where the suckers were on for days, thought I was marked for life.

I seem to be making some progress with the leg...although I did go backwards day before yesterday, getting too confident so went for a walk with Philip and Rosie over the back of the park. Uneven ground, having to jump muddy bits etc. Not surprisingly my leg was killing me yesterday! Done my exercises and plenty of ice pack and it's not too bad today.

Suzeanna it's so easy to overdo things when you aren't feeling too bad. But we learn by our mistakes. When the weather was really scorching a couple of weeks ago I had stopped elevating my ankle as I'd been advised. A couple of hots days and my ankle had ballooned! Now I am more careful.

I agree Yantan, a good day or two and you think you are all better...you go back to relative normality and the wham...back to square one!! at least you realise you went wrong Suzeanna

i ordered Steves dogs some wormers last week, forgot all about it with one thing and another, finally got round to doing my emails yesterday...they had tried to deliver his parcel and he was out...well he was most likely in but didn't answer the door, i had to message him to say that if he had a card from the post office that's what it was and to get it redelivered, i apologised for messaging him and he got back to me saying i didn't have to do that and i didn't have to apologise for messaging him...i said i did as i was leaving him be, 2 seconds later my phone went and it was him, had a nice chat so at least i can hold a conversation over the phone with him.

Keep it in your mind (and his!) that you are friends, there for advice on dogs if necessary and that's it and you should both get along fine.

Yes, I've learned my lesson. Small steps and don't try to run before I can walk. I went for a cut and blow at my local hairdresser this morning, and half an hour in the chair was about the limit my leg could stand. She suffers with her back and sciatica herself, so I showed her the neural slide exercise the physio told me to do, hope it helps her. She's a one woman operation, she can't afford to take time off.

Yep Suzeanna, as hard as it is he will be my friend...you are allowed to love your friends aren't you? Lol. he has had dogs for far longer than me but i know what to order, where to get it etc.

been down the road to let my friend know about a job that is going, not sure if it will be suitable but she is with bhs at the moment and they close wednesday so needs a new job

Evening.

Roofer was supposed to be fixing the roof yesterday and today, but it rained so he's done nowt. I texted him last night to see whether he'd been and if he was coming today. He didn't bother getting back to me. I did have a reply to this morning's text though to say he'll come on Monday when the weather forecast says it'll be dry. Hope he doesn't mess me around or he'll be out on his ear.