UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

griff - any news on Dex yet?

suzeanna - poor Mandy, it's bad enough with one :(

Timmy's scan showed nothing new, nothing's grown which is good news. We've got to go back in another month (hopefully they won't keep us waiting so long next time :mad:). Someone hadn't told our vet we were there and she only found out when one of the nurses saw Timmy in reception and said to Anna (our vet) "he's one of yours isn't he?".

Couple came in with the biggest and most beautiful English Bull Terrier but unfortunately left in tears and without him (from what I could gather he was pts) :( He looked very lively when he came in but you never know what the reasoning was. Sweet dreams beautiful bully :(

Edited by merledogs

Had my scan this afternoon, talk about everything conspiring against me though, first we couldn't park anywhere so it was a bit stressy until we found somewhere, then I had to pick up the pace a bit to get to the hospital from the car park even though we'd arrived an hour before my appointment, then the lift wasn't working so I had to go up 2 flights of stairs only to reach the top and see this incredible mass of humanity pouring towards us filling the corridor wall to wall - with someone shouting everyone out the fire alarms have gone off :confused02: so back down we went and then had to hang about and wait to see whether we would be allowed in or not, by which time my appointment time had come and gone. Eventually they gave the all clear so we set off again but whilst the lift was now working the queues were out the flipping door so I again took the stairs and then just went for it, I was kinda hoping that I would then have a bit of a wait before my scan as I'd been exerting myself a fair bit but barely 5 mins later I was called in. As far as I know everything was fine - or if not fine its not too serious. They told me if they had found anything serious I wouldn't have been allowed to leave without seeing a cardiologist, nor did she need to let a cardiologist see the results she is sending them straight through to my consultant and the anesthetist, thinking logically I would have thought that if there was anything amiss they wouldn't rely on a gynecologist to tell me or be able to answer any questions I may have. So hopefully thats that as far as my heart goes and I can just get on with them dealing with me bits.

That is good Snow, when i had mine done, they emailed the cariologist with me in the room..i have trivial regurgitation in 2 valves and a atrophied leaflet ?? but that is fine apparently. Pain in the bum about the fire alarms...well done on doing the stairs though

Merledogs, very pleased to hear nothing has grown with Timmy, not good about the wait

Yantan, i had veg curry for tea

Dex is home, his tooth had been eaten away at the top so they had to cut his gum, get the tooth out and fold the flap of skin back over and stitch it back in place and they saw that his remaining back leg..the hip joint is full of arthritis so it is just a case of keeping him comfy with pain relief...got to give him 4 antibiotics a day and take him back on friday for a check up...he has to have mushed up cat food ewwwww and i also bought him a little coat for when he goes in his cat box, despite having vet bed, a blankie he still shivered

Some sad news and some good news from Fugees today. Very tired and fighting a bug which got me in the end after going through most of Worksop. So forgive me if I don't say much.

Progress on house slow but is happening. Now thinking exchange next week and move week after.

Sledgehammer not needed after all, thanks for the offer. The offending individuals have each dug themselves a hole and are still digging as they slowly drop out of sight, at least for the moment

Sad news about your daughter's cats Suzeanna :GroupHug: to you all.

Glad Dex is home :)

Glad Timmy's scan showed no progress :flowers:

Glad you got your scan done Snow (even though you had to negotiate many stairs).

My tea tonight is the same as it has been for the last few weeks. My PT has given me a meal plan to help me build lean muscle. My evening meal is chicken stir fried with loads of veggies. I season it with garlic and chilli, so it's pretty nice :) I am off out for a curry on Friday night in Swinton though, so that will have to be my cheat meal for the week :laugh:

Morning :)

Hugs to poorly and recovering pets, hoping for a peaceful passing to the bridge for loved pusscats

Snow if you need anything please let me know

I joined slimming world a month ago and am doing quite well with the weight loss. I am the heaviest I have ever been so need to loose lots and lots of pounds lol

Good luck with Mica Jazz

Suzeanna, thinking of you and your daughter today ((hugs))

Yantan, we got glorious sunshine again!!!!!

Loobie, good luck with slimming world, do you do facebook? there is a group on there called Syns allowed, it will show you the syns of products and if you have something but aren't sure of the syns value you can post it and people will help you work out how many syns there are...they also have a post for bargains too

Dex cat has eaten overnight , had a wee, mashed up his clean litter tray and thrown wood pellets all over my floor Lol, i have manage to give him two doses of antibiotics...so 4 tablets...though the last 2 he has spat out about 6 times Lol..he is also back to beating the dogs up Lol

Sounds as if Dex is feeling much better, glad to hear it. I had a tearful phone call from my daughter a little while ago to say her two went peacefully in her arms, but she said the house feels so empty already. She and her OH were heading out to a pub to drown their sorrows. Molly was a little devil, all their wallpaper in the sitting room is shredded where she climbed up the wall then slid down, so they will have to occupy themselves stripping paper and redecorating. The vet apparently winced when she saw Molly's jaw, it had got so much worse in the few weeks since she was diagnosed, it was definitely the right thing to do but that doesn't stop it hurting. Thanks for the good wishes, all those who made them.

Hope Mica settles well today Jazz.

I've done the last two planks..just hope the weather holds for the weekend to get them on. I hadn't noticed until I went to the loo in town that the paint had splattered me a bit, I had summer damson coloured freckles! Luckily they came off with a bit of loo roll and water :confused:

Suzeanna, i am pleased they passed away peacefully

Dex seems happy enough at the moment, won't count my chickens until his mouth is fully healed and the next xray comes back as o.k

Lol@you with the paint splatters...at least you noticed, i have a habit of mooching round with paint in my hair completely oblivious to it Lol....hope the weather holds and you get the fence sorted