UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Non-Stop Natterings

merledogs

Yantan, can you get hold of some witch hazel or arnica? So sorry you slipped....give Billy Joel a wave from me!!!

Suzeanna, yep it is true, i read the back of everything...did it tonight in the pet shop buying choccy buttons for the dogs, the lady in the pet shop thought i was unusual

How very sad that lives have been lost in wales...you are right Owl, so much sadness

eughhhh early start for me, doctors again today, need to see what this lump is on my wrist...think the receptionist wanted to give my appointment away as she called to see if i was still going...either that or something is wrong with my blood...i think she just wanted to give my appointment to a mate though.

I hate having to get out of my nice toasty comfy bed whilst it is cold and dark outside

Snow and Yantan, hope you are both much improved today

We have a combination microwave that we inherited from my son as it was too big for the kitchen in his new house.

It makes delicious roast chicken in something like 20 minutes and delicious steamed fish. It also makes baked potatos in 20 minutes.I don't know much about it as hubby is the cook and gadget guru.

It has preselected programmes for various foods and you jcan ust pick the type of food you want cooked and it does the rest.

I still use my 37 year old- really- basic one for steaming veg and heating things up.

Jazz, i am completely clueless with microwaves...sorry

Been to the drs, she thinks i may have a ganglion but isn't 100% so is getting in touch with my consultant to see what course of action he recommends, she said if it is a ganglion they may just leave it... aspirate it or surgically remove it or hit me with a reet heavy book Lol. It is making it difficult to use my crutches so something will have to be done.... i think i prefer the sound of aspiration Lol. Got her to check my bloods and i am even more anaemic so it looks like my christmas/new year present is the chemo drips...would rather do those, get everything back in line and the retry the tablets...enough to turn you to drink Lol

I've actually been on leave this week but having the bartholins, all the trouble with the builders nextdoor and environmental health etc. so far I'd been more stressed and wound up than if I'd been working, so I was rather looking forward to quiet day today - the only 1 I was likely to have...... instead I get a frantic phone call from my best mate who was with her fella in hospital (he's very very poorly) to say her 93yr old mum with dementia had rung her to say he boiler was leaking and her house was totally flooded and she was very distressed. So I rushed over there couldn't find a stop c*** anywhere, so emptied the over flowing buckets, mopped up the flood and waited for Rob to get back from Cardiff so he could come over and play hunt the stop c*** with me lol Eventually Rob arrived along with my mates brother and between them they got the water turned off. Bloody good thing really as I'd got down on the floor to look under the sink and had struggled to actually get back up again at one point I thought they'd have to rescue me as well lol

Griff, sorry to hear that. Hope the anaemia can be sorted.

Snow, oh dear! Hunt the stopcock is not a fun game. But I can claim a high score, possibly the Welsh record, with my attempt some ten years ago. The stopcock was a metre deep underwater in my neighbour's pond. Which turned out not to be a pond, but a mains water leak which had been there for years.

• Like 1

Try and have a quiet day tomorrow Snow!

Griff I'm also sorry to hear you have more stuff to go thro. I'm sending positive thoughts for you marra.

Well I am struggling to get about still. It's not getting any better. I really wanted to do some shopping in Macy's but the combo of a painful leg/hip and my hot flushes meant that I was extremely uncomfortable in there. We ended up grabbing a taxi - damn nigh impossible when it's raining as it was this morning - and picked up a fab boxed meal from a shop near the hotel. I had turkey, chicken and beef with sprouts with bacon, green beans & cauli cheese in one side of the box and a great mixed salad on tuther. It was really really good.

We were in Times Sq yesterday and got dropped off there after a bus tour of NYC by night. We seemed to miss the security alert there though.

Oh yes - my iPhone has been found and taken into custody at Newcastle airport.

Edited by Yantan
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear you are having more problems Griff :GroupHug:

Glad your phone has been found Marion. If you are feeling up to shopping in Macy's or Bloomingdales, take your passport to the customer service desk and you'll get a 10% discount card. I didn't to it myself (mum didn't want to go in either as she said they were just like Debenhams - they aren't like Debenhams at all), but mum doesn't like shopping :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Thanks all, don't mind the drips, annoying being chained to a wall for 6hours but it will wipe the slate clean , it will be for the best

Snow, how awful....lucky you were off work really.when i left my flat i left a note to say the inside stop c*** was in the kitchen under the sink and the main one was hidden under the big plant pot in the front yard...bet the workmen ripping it down.

Yantan, very pleased to hear your phone is safe but sad to hear your fall is spoiling your holiday

OMG Gooster, your mum didn't want to go to Macys or Bloomingdales!!!!!! Hell i would lol