UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Multiple Murmurings

owl

I've broken myself. I've washed the car and front windows and done several hours of 'heavy' gardening. My back is knackered so I am going to put my feet up for the rest of the day. I'd like to have a soak in the bath, but I am waiting for someone else to come and quote me for the new gates and I'm not sure what time they're coming. May just have a nap :tired:

morning all

Murtle, enjoy the run..if you can

Jazz, good luck with the surgeon

Had a horrid shock yesterday, the council have broke the headstone again...there is no way that it has been done by a human, the mower has hit it again, they will deny it and we will have to foot the bill. Last time the book just needed bonding back on, this time they have twisted one of the uprights...this means the headstone has to come out and be taken away and fixed, going to cost hundreds, i am going up today to have it out with them, have to take my dad to the dentist first as he has got up and has an abcess, he is terrifed so this will be fun!!

Edited by griff

Dentist done... he has 2 sorts of antibiotics and needs to decide on root canal and crown or removal... he needs sedation as he is terrified so not sure what will happen there

been to the graveyard, showed the lady the photo and she has emailed the supervisor so i should hear within a week.... they will deny of course but i will pursue it, the uprights are bolted from underneath and a human can't twist them

DSC00120_zpszwzo459i.jpg

the culprit

DSC00121_zps33fkovio.jpg

the damage to the tree

DSC00122_zps9b0ayiem.jpg

and the headstone from above

DSC00118_zpslu6dkh1d.jpg

totally broken! worst bit is it is in the babies section and the person who did it said nothing!

Edited by griff

Griff headstone insurance is very very cheap - I have it for both my nana and mum&dads I think I paid about £24 last time for 5 years cover - its with Stoneguard and they are replacing Nana's headstone for me as the council have said it has to have steel rods supporting it now, Stoneguard are doing it under the insurance for no cost to me. Obviously its too late this time but well worth thinking about for the future:

http://www.stoneguard.uk.com/premiums

• Like 1