UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Japes

merledogs

Oooooh I'm knackered as I've been scrambling along Hadrian's Wall and going around the ruins and visitor centre at Vindolanda and The Roman Army museum. Caught the sun even tho I applied high factor sun block. Had a very decent supper at The Sportsman and a half of cider (I know how to live it up me!) on the way home to save cooking and collected Archie from day care where he'd had a whale of a time. He'd gone out on all the walks - 3 hours in total - and never stopped running. He got on famously with the resident dogs again and was great with the other daycare/boarding dogs.

Glad you had a nice reunion with the kids Alex.

Owl I loved reading your latest adventures.

On the tab so tapping this out which is a slow job so not saying owt more. Lol

• Like 2

Everybody must be having a late one.

Just got back from a long brisk walk in Worsley woods. We went exploring and got lost but managed to backtrack. Dogs had an absolute ball so I must take them again soon - especially since it's right next to where we usually walk. I am knackered now though.

• Like 1

Morning, i did pop in but got distracted, had kota out for her walk early today so we didn't get too hot, then i watched my dad do the garden, then Kota got her tent put up! she is not at all bothered by it happy to pop in and out so that's good, it means if i go protesting over HS2 she can come too

very very warm day again today, i do like the warm weather though

hope everyone has a lovely day!!!!

Met up with my son in law at lunch time for a drink..he goes over to Alonissos on Friday to join my daughter for a couple of weeks. He said she phoned him late last night and he was howling with laughter at what she told him. A couple of weeks ago, there was a marathon on the island, and she'd volunteered to help. She was stationed at a crossroad and told to stop traffic if necessary, and direct the runners to the right route. She told me there was a heavy rain storm and she was soaked, but soldiered on (at least when the sun came back out it was hot!). She was a bit puzzled at the time as she was sure she'd seen the same cars going by more than once, including the local police cars which went past her several times. Well, last night she found out why! She'd been invited to join a party of about 20 people taking over a beach tavern, and when a few drinks had been sunk, someone said "we didn't know how to tell you this at the time..but....". It appears the drenching she got directing traffic had rendered her white trousers completely see through, and as she always wears thongs, that explains why the same cars kept going round and round! She'll be on Skype later, I'll have to ask her has she gone in for any wet trousers competitions lately! :D

• Like 2

:biglaugh: Suzeanna!

Just been plane spotting at the airport. Got another damn horsefly bite :angry: It did try and fly down my top and ended up in my bra I was jumping all over the place trying to get it out!! I don't think it bit me down there though, it got my leg.

Moaning :tired:

I've been bitten as well Jayne :rolleyes: I walked through clouds of things in the forest yesterday and have bites on my face. I've also got a few on my ankles from the day before when I was walking through long grass. One of them has either given me a reaction or else it's cellulitis again. Hoping not the latter but I seem to get it just about every year and I suspect it is cellulitis, which means a course of antibiotics as it spreads quite rapidly.

Morning.

Hope everyone had a good weekend :)

Suzeanna, that did make me smile :)

I spent yesterday at an agility show - it was lovely, but very hot. (ex)OH moved out this weekend. He's managed to leave the house in a bit of a state - taken the furniture he wants and left all sorts of bits and pieces he doesn't want strewn wherever he happened to put them. I guess it is my job to tidy everything away :mad: I'll be chucking loads of stuff out I think - should probably ebay or freegle them, but not sure I have the time or the patience to do it.

Awwww Sophie, chucking them will get them gone and out of your way quicker.... you can start a fresh and get on with your future

OOOO bites, nasty nasty things, i got had the other year and ended up at the walk in centre being told if they got worse i had to go to A&E

dropped the door of kotas crate on my head last night, put my hand up and it felt wet, looked at my hand and it was bleeding quite badly, luckily it just missed the scar from when i split my head open as a kid otherwise i think it would have been a hospital job.... i seem to be getting clumsier

Morning.

Sophie I hope you are OK what with the split and all :GroupHug:

Griff take care with that cut to your head.

Looks like it's going to be another nice here. Archie has his vet bed out in the garden, a big dish of water and a tangly twist so all is well in his world. Ian is coming for him later and will no doubt take him swimming down at the lake.

Urrgghhh Jayne I hate horse flies. I've had a few bites of them. Nasty little buggers.