UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Norty Archie :)

Hope you get the vets sorted Jazz :flowers:

Have had another nice day today - after my ironing mountain was tackled, I made some more brownies and then went out for a ride on Blue on my own again. He was so well behaved - we had a bit of drama at some scary sandbags and a road sign, but otherwise he was fab and we even had a little canter :biggrin: This is what horse owning is all about - sod all this riding around in circles - exploring the world with your best buddy is much more fun :) :wub: Am hoping for good weather tomorrow so we can do the same again :)

• Like 2

Sounds positive suzeanna from the surgery. Hope the bruising goes down soon.

OkGriff, man up girl! I'm gonna have to go and get some big girl pants to man up too in which case cause I get grumpy about way less!!

And on that note, our landlord sent a stroppy email to us about allowing access for viewings as we are in te last two months of our agreement. I think more than a days notice should be given...ie don't call me today for a viewing tomorrow...he said he'd invoke his 24 hour access rights, but the contract says they need to give a minimum of 24 hours notice for viewings. Not sure why he couldn't have sent a nice email asking rather than threatening. He wants to do a whole load of tiling and redecorating whilst we are here too...will have to see what rights he and us have for that as if he is going to be like that he can decorate in his own time!!

Edited by murtle
  • Like 2

You don't have to allow any viewings at all if you don't want to murtle - those kinds of clauses in a contract are unenforceable - if you go on the mse website look in the house buying, selling & renting forum theres hundreds of threads where landlords have tried to force viewings and all the advice tends to be, you decide when or even IF they can come and you can be as obstructive as you like depending upon whether or not you need a reference from the landlord for a new rental. Oh and theres no such thing as 24 hr access rights - he has a limited right of access and its NOT transferable, so he cannot use that for viewings.

BTW never communicate with him via email - only via letter sent snail mail, legally thats the only type of correspondence a court will recognise so him emailing you won't count as a valid notice.

Alex I came across this link whilst I was surfing http://content.www.rspca.org.uk/cmsprd/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheader=application/pdf&blobkey=id&blobnocache=false&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1232998019753&ssbinary=true its for a printable paper collar you can put on a visiting cat to try and find out if he already has a home, it lets his owners know where he's been going.

• Like 1

sorry i haven't read back, i thought my life couldn't get any worse when Delaney died on me suddenly this morning, i did cpr and got him back twice but i couldn't save him, i am so devestated, he wasn't ill or anything, i can only assume he had a stroke/heart attack. Run free my big boy, go find diesel and wait for me

and here's a picture of my Bridge boy, George, as I found it in my Photobucket a/c whilst uploading the above and it just made me smile :wub:

Hello.jpg

Hello Gorgeous George

My appointment was 10.30, I was seen at just gone 11...not bad for our hospital. The good news was that he got the lump out with clear margins all round and there was no lymph node involvement, but it wasn't all plain sailing...the cells inside were an uncommon mix (why doesn't that surprise me?) and one sort are more inclined to be aggressive. She chatted happily about chemo, radiotherapy, then tamoxifen or herceptin. I listened politely, then reeled off all the reasons I don't want any more treatment. Give her her due, she said she did see my side of it, but she's still referring me to an oncologist (thought I was seeing one today, but no) and she'd like me to go through things in detail with him. Philip came with me and took me back home and he said he will back me in any decision if I stick to saying no more treatment, and he would do the same in my position. Chemo..radiotherapy..five years of tamoxifen and then three years of something beginning with L that I've forgotten..? No way Jose. I'll take my chances. She said on the Index for your survival chances I score 4, which is a good risk..not the best, but not the worst by a long way. I've got the dressings off now, so I can have a proper bath! The nurses were shocked at how bruised and swollen I am, and said it will probably take the best part of another month for the swelling to go.

I am glad you have clear margins and I am sure that what ever you choose to do will be the right choice for you as you are a very sensible person and someone I would go to for advice.

sorry i haven't read back, i thought my life couldn't get any worse when Delaney died on me suddenly this morning, i did cpr and got him back twice but i couldn't save him, i am so devestated, he wasn't ill or anything, i can only assume he had a stroke/heart attack. Run free my big boy, go find diesel and wait for me

I am sorry for your loss , what a dreadful shock for you .

• Like 1

Griff, I am so sorry. I have been in that position myself - Em was playing football in the park in the morning, had no signs of illness, went to hydro in the afternoon and just stopped in the pool. Like you we tried CPR and mouth to mouth - but in time I was able to think how glad I was we could not get her back. She had been full of beans right up to the last second, no pain, no stiffness (hydro was a carry on from when Jake had to go for his arthritis, she loved swimming so went for fun) and she died doing what she loved and if she had been brought back she may have had restrictions on what she could and could not do

Edited by buddyboy
  • Like 1

i am gutted he has gone but glad he didn't suffer, my vet has just rung to say how sorry he is and he suspects a stroke or heart attack. i am thankful to my tattooist for having a chart up in his parlour on how to do cpr and mouth to mouth.... it is something i thought i would never need to use but those 5 minutes reading that chart has made me feel a lot better today.i can go and fetch laney home this afternoon, took him to a same day place as i don't want to leave him anywhere overnight..... my tattoo will now be fore the 2 dogs ashes and not the one

im so sorry xxxx

I learnt CPR by watching that programme 'cells dogs' that used to be on, but im a first aider so thought of it as doing it on a baby

I went to see the lady at the rescue I had a row with and left the committee, they had all made me a gift, of pictures of my lost and present dogs, in a frame, with 'family' on it

*sob*

• Like 1