UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fab Finagling

merledogs

I have some shoes :biggrin: I got a pair of wedges from Kurt Geiger - they aren't enclosed by the toes so my Fred Flintstone feet will fit into them :laugh: I was chatting to the girl who served me and told her I had always wanted a pair of Kurt Geiger shoes, and she gave me 25% off - result :biggrin:

Glad you got some rain, HLGS. Pity we can't bung some of our wetness over to Sri Lanka.

Sugar went over the Bridge very quickly about half an hour ago. She was going downhill fast and my sister was just trying to get hold of a vet, but she slipped away peacefully. Run free Sugar xx

• Like 2

Just had one of my neighbours come around. They were broken into this afternoon and he was wondering if I had seen anything. I was working today, so couldn't help him. It's at times like this I hate living alone :( The other night my next door neighbours got home at about 2am and were making loads of noise. I actually thought I was being broken into :( I need a big strong man to protect me :laugh: :rolleyes:

Run Free Sugar

nice shoes gooster, sorry to hear your neighbours got broken into, do you have a good alarm? if not it is worth paying for one especially as they will see it is new and working. both sides of us have been broken into... well there are4 houses and ours is the only one that hasn't so far, i do put it down to the fact i have a cctv system in the window, a very secure back gate and fence and an alarm box and a delaney Lol, his bark is soooooo loud, when diesel was here i knew anyone coming in would get bitten now i think the bark will deter them.

Yes Jazz, pump up the jam is a song

HLGS, glad you have got a bit of rain and i agree shame we couldn't send ours your way

i made a bit of a boo boo, i have to take a tablet each week to protect my bones and i thought i had a box in, went to get one yesterday....none! just had to make a call to the gp and tell them what a nob i am and they are getting it ready for me today so i can have it tomorrow, beings as my calcium level is very low i can't not take it

Oooh straight back to the 70's with the shoes - I actually used to wear things like that then! I looked after my feet on the urgings of my nanna who had terrible feet. I only had to look at hers and there I was heading off to the sensible shoe shop. I would wear heels on a night out and on the walk to work as back then if an employer insisted on a dress code and stipulated that women wore skirts you wore 'em. I can't believe I gave in to that without a fight!

Anyway because I didn't overdo the heels my feet are quite normal looking whilst all my female friends of my age have bunions and knobbly bits on their feet. The downside is that I now have wide feet and the last time I had occasion to buy a pair of heels to wear to a posh do I had awful trouble getting some to fit.

Owl I'm so sorry to hear about Sugar but very glad that your sis and b-i-l were able to give her a lovely eight years.

I am off to look at some kennels in Chorley today. Luckily I have managed to arrange a supplier meeting in Chorley so will go from there. May pop into the ones in Swinton as well on the way back before I make a decision. I am kind of hoping I like the ones in Swinton cos it's much closer so wouldn't mean an extra hour on my trip when I go to Wales. I have used them before but it was about 11 years ago and I wasn't too impressed, but I think they've made some modernisations since then.