UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fab Finagling

merledogs

Hope the kennels are ok Alex :flowers:

I do need to look into a house alarm - I might ask the bloke who is the landlord of the house that got broken into (as we were only chatting about house alarms before I went away). I have bell boxes on the wall, but no alarm. It kind of worried me a bit though as the neighbour didn't knock on my door till 9.30pm and I was in my pjs and dressing gown :rolleyes:

Am working in Swinton today, the patients are all really quiet today - all one word answers and no chatty patients at all, which makes my day quite boring :rolleyes: Ho hum. Soon be home time :)

well dehydrated chicken livers are loved by the 2 dogs and the cat! i have bought 6 packs this weekend and have loads of treats made. just spoken to the lady who takes me to training and she is ill so won't be going for the next couple of weeks.... i am still going to go as if i don't go this week or next i am not going to want to go back Lol i need to find my training record book... i really don't know what on earth i have done with that

Afternoon.

I've just driven through Swinton Jayne - I would have waved if I'd known :wavey:

Went to the kennels in Chorley first. Good job I've got a four wheel drive because I had to go off roading to get to them! Kennels are in the back garden - there are two small blocks. It was very quiet but they only had one resident - a stunning Water Spaniel :wub: Woman wasn't overly friendly but not so bothered about that as long as she looks after my dogs properly. BUT (and it's a big one) - she doesn't walk the dogs and they are only let out into the yard for 1 1/2 hours a day, so for the rest of the time they would be locked in the kennels, which are quite small but they do have a bit of a run behind them.

Then went to the ones in Swinton, but the bloke didn't tell me they were closed between 12 and 4 so I never got a proper look round. I did look through the windows and the kennels look just as small but no run. Not sure if they have any larger kennels further away from the door. At least they would get walked at this place and you can pay for extra walks at £2.50 each, so I could make sure they got walked three times a day and it would only cost me £15 a day extra. Plus it's only 15 minutes (max) away, whereas the other kennels would add an hour each way onto a journey which is already over three hours.

I think whatever happens I am not booking the Chorley kennels because they would be bored silly.

Afternoon.

I've just driven through Swinton Jayne - I would have waved if I'd known :wavey:

Went to the kennels in Chorley first. Good job I've got a four wheel drive because I had to go off roading to get to them! Kennels are in the back garden - there are two small blocks. It was very quiet but they only had one resident - a stunning Water Spaniel :wub: Woman wasn't overly friendly but not so bothered about that as long as she looks after my dogs properly. BUT (and it's a big one) - she doesn't walk the dogs and they are only let out into the yard for 1 1/2 hours a day, so for the rest of the time they would be locked in the kennels, which are quite small but they do have a bit of a run behind them.

Then went to the ones in Swinton, but the bloke didn't tell me they were closed between 12 and 4 so I never got a proper look round. I did look through the windows and the kennels look just as small but no run. Not sure if they have any larger kennels further away from the door. At least they would get walked at this place and you can pay for extra walks at £2.50 each, so I could make sure they got walked three times a day and it would only cost me £15 a day extra. Plus it's only 15 minutes (max) away, whereas the other kennels would add an hour each way onto a journey which is already over three hours.

I think whatever happens I am not booking the Chorley kennels because they would be bored silly.

Do you mean that you were able to look inside the kennels without anybody there?

Where were the owners/staff?

What about security?

oooo Alex, if you were just able to stroll round, i wouldn't be too keen,as blackmagic says what about security?

omg i am a div, i have just ate a pizza, i am rushing as i have to get the bus to training and i have got some pizza stuck in my throat i think, i have tried drinking water and i have tried eating dry bread but nothing has shifted it..... i am going to be chomping on sweets all through training. i hope if it is stuck it shifts itself or maybe i have scratched it, feels damn uncomfy though, that will teach me for bolting my food down

The site is first and foremost a stables and there was someone there cleaning stables who I spoke to. The kennels are housed in an old stable building which has been converted and which has locked doors (I could see through the windows/mesh door to the kennel blocks). They live on site and the house/office is right next to where the stables/kennels are, but I respected their request not to knock between 12 and 4.

The site is first and foremost a stables and there was someone there cleaning stables who I spoke to. The kennels are housed in an old stable building which has been converted and which has locked doors (I could see through the windows/mesh door to the kennel blocks). They live on site and the house/office is right next to where the stables/kennels are, but I respected their request not to knock between 12 and 4.

I still donlt like the idea that someone could wander around and look in the kennels unattended.

Generally stable yards are quite nosy places - at the yard where Blue is, there is someone knocking around from about 7.30am till whenever the last person is finished (plus the owners live on site and have CCTV) Anyone unfamiliar to the people on the yard is usually grilled as to who they are and what they are doing there. Horses are expensive creatures and can be stolen and sold on. So us horsey types tend to be cautious about strangers! I imagine the yard/kennels would be the same - and it's good that the dogs are in a locked stable block :)

• Like 1

Thanks for your kind words about Sugar. She was buried in their garden this morning, and a tree will be planted.

When their previous staffy Jeep went over the Bridge, they adopted Sugar a week later as it seemed pointless to wait when so many staffies are in need. This time, they couldn't even survive staffyless for that long. They went to Wood Green this afternoon to meet some and it was love at first sight with this chap:

http://www.woodgreen.org.uk/rehome/dogs/8974_dexter

So he is reserved to them subject to homecheck.

• Like 1

oh my goodness, Dexter is an absolute stunner! i am sure Sugar would be very pleased to know they are helping another of her kind.

training was good last night, it was my first time having a go at Rally Obedience, it was really really relaxed and i thought the group were a lot more friendly.... plus i wasn't getting evils off people! there were some really lovely people and dogs there and i like the idea that if kota plays up........nobody cares Lol

Edited by griff
  • Like 1