UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jeunesse

merledogs

I'm pretty sure I've told this story before, maybe not in here. I'm not religious at all, lean towards the Pagan idea more than anything, but..and I know it's illogical...I know there are ghosts, spirits, whatever you want to call them as I've experienced them and once when we hadn't lived in Derbyshire that long, we were driving out and about and found ourselves in Buxton. We'd just parked and it started raining, and we noticed one of those Mind and Spirit type things on at a big hall, so went in just to keep out of the rain. We were wandering around looking at crystals etc when one of the stall holders smiled at us and said lovely dog you have there. We were baffled..no dog with us and none in sight! Dog? we said..yes, she replied, the big black and tan one who has been glued to your sides since you came in. To say we were stunned doesn't cover it, a short while before we'd had to have one of our dobes, a big lad called Ziggy, put to sleep. We weren't wearing anything that indicated we were dog owners, let alone dobe owners, and we'd never seen her before in our lives, so how did she know, unless he was there and she could see him, although we couldn't? I did find it comforting to have proof that although people and pets may have gone from our sight, they haven't necessarily gone altogether. Well, mostly. Some people I definitely hope have gone for good!

• Like 2

After having Abbie cat pts in september i went straight into work bawling and spent rest of day doing so!! Ab's was only 5 but tumour meant she was losing use of her back legs. Last week work had a wailing call from me saying i'd be late in as was on way to vets with Rosie, this time they rang around my afternoon jobs warning them what state i'd likely be in lol.

Suzeanna thats lovely :flowers:

My son in law's car insurers had already put a cheque in the post, so they can't haggle over the amount. Their luck is certainly out at the moment though, my daughter took her own car to work today as she was going to the doctor in the afternoon, and when her OH got home earlier, he came in very gloomy as someone hit him from the back in the ruddy courtesy car! She's not sure how much damage was done, as it was dark and where they live they have no street lights at all, they'll have to check it out in the morning.

Suzeanna, sounds the same as my dad... had a licence for 40 odd years, 2 accidents tops and then 3 in 1 car and none of them his fault... will sadly affect their insurance policy too, my dads went up by about £400

we lost our good friend yesterday, a man who had been troubled but turned his life around fought cancer hard for the past couple of years, will miss him a lot, always made me laugh when i felt sad

i have decided to go and get a blood test done, leave a message for my gp tomorrow to check my blood results friday, if she needs to see me i will have to nip down and if she thinks i need the hospital she can write me a letter and i can go up in the afternoon... fingers crossed i won't need to as i am supposed to be getting a hair cut and it is in desperate need of a cut!

Edited by griff

We have just sorted out all Nogs things, kept a big bag of his favourite toys which we have stored in a weather proof bag so they'll keep for whenever .... we've kept a couple of beds and all his coats, collars & leads etc. I have also kept another big bag of toys for visiting dogs to play with, and a big full sack of food we will offer to Nick as Bruno eats Chappie, but if its too much for him to store we will take it to Cardiff dogs home. The house looks so bare without the dog beds in almost every room and the kitchen without his raised feeder and all his packets of treats etc. My car's parcel shelf has gone back in for the first time in 2 years, and the dog beds have come out of the boot of both cars. It all looks so bloody strange.

It's been almost 12 years since we were last dogless, so it'll take some adjusting to for a while.

Thinking of snow and CRB and griff xxx

I just got breathalysed for the first time ever. The police pulled me over because a headlight bulb was out, which I had not noticed as was driving in well lit area. Because I had committed a moving traffic offence they had by law to do a breath test. Felt a bit unnerved sitting in police van, but they were very nice and said they would not give me a ticket provided I got it sorted asap.

I got breathylised once, cuffed and flung in police cells for being bolshy. I wasn't guilty of anything though. My friend was a policeman at the time and his house was attached to the police station and we were playing silly buggers. My favourite part was when he let me sit in police car and put the siren and lights on :pinkie:

• Like 2

Snow :GroupHug: and collies r best :GroupHug:

We're sorting out things in the loft at the moment, and one of the containers contained a load of dog stuff I packed away when Sophie and Sky died. I was coping pretty well with sorting through it until I came to Sky's collar and lead which were still covered in his blood (he was bleeding heavily from his ear when he was pts, and I couldn't bring myself to wash them off before I packed them away). It is nearly 3 years on now, and I'm ready to throw out / recycle / pass on some of the things we won't use. I couldn't do it at the time.

We have a new car :pinkie: Well, we don't actually have it yet, but we've paid the deposit and we pick it up on Sunday. Can't come soon enough - the dogs are having to travel on the back seat of Paul's car at the moment and they hate it.

After the initial shock of being pursued and pulled over I was rather pleased, as had the police not seen the bulb had gone, I would have discovered it this evening on the way to Hull. Off to get it replaced now before Wispa and I go to stay with friend for a few days.

My sister and bro-in-law are here at present. Wispa is so much happier and calmer if there are more people around than just me. She didn't even bark at the bin men, though she would still let us know if anyone came to the door. I suppose she doesn't feel she has to be so protective if there are other humans in the house.

Sadly I can't just acquire a partner or housemate just to keep Wispa happy.