UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jeunesse

merledogs

awwwww bless her (cows are hers aren't they??)

Snow you are really brave sorting Nogs stuff out, i haven't been able to touch diesels stuff.... her quilt is just as she left it

Sophie, glad you found a car, what have you gone for?

Owl, bit of luck getting pulled by the police really... at least you got a decent one who gave you the chance to rectify the fault

went and got my blood test.... 40 people in front of me luckily as i am on chemo i get to jump the queue after 30 minutes and the staff all know me now as well...... i swear i thought i was going to get battered as i didn't have to wait my turn, there was a lady sat next to me coughing and spluttering without putting her hand up and she came marching in after me and she was in for a TB test..... feckin brilliant, i've no immune system and i have tumours in my lungs i don't want tb too! went to the drs after to explain what was going on and they were trying to get me to stay but i had no-one to pup sit so had to come home, i have to go back again tomorrow and that means no hair cut.... will have to resist the urge to get my clippers out Lol, i have made the appointment for the afternoon so if they hospitalize me i have the weekend to get better and my parents are around to look after the dogs

Hope you are ok Griff :GroupHug: :grouphug:

Have just been to the bank to try and transfer money from my Halifax account to my HSBC one. I had some of my tax money saved in my Halifax account, but paid it all out of my other account. Then I realised all my bills come out of my other account :rolleyes: they couldn't do a transfer so gave me the cash to take to HSBC (a 10 min walk away). I have never held onto my handbag so tightly in my life :laugh:

*fingers crossed* for you Griff.

Sorting Nogs things out was done because we wanted to get the horrible stuff over and done with before Nog comes back home - it just felt important we do it in that order, so today we took the really old beds and the bits and bobs we were throwing out, together with the final poo etc. to the tip - feels fecking daft but we blubbed over double bagging the ruddy poo so it didn't smell the car out *sigh* more tears at the tip when his favourite bed went into the skip :( .

But its done now and he can come home properly - I chose a bamboo scatter pouch so we intend to scatter some of his ashes in the field at Lyneham where he used to run free for so many years, he loved it there so much, we will also scatter some ashes on the rugby field here which was his usual night time walk, and then bury the rest in his favourite spot next to the pergola in our garden.

We have been reminiscing today, about Nog and about Olaf and Sabre and it suddenly struck me - for the first time in my life apart from the first week of Rob and I moving in together, I have never before been without an animal of ANY kind in my life, when we moved in together neither one of us could stand coming home to an empty house so we adopted our cat Merry then my cat from home decided he hated mum & dads dog, so Dusty came to live with us as well, and then not long after we adopted Sabre. When we lost Sabre (both cats had already gone by then) I had my piggies so during the gap between Sabre and Olaf I still had furries to cwtch and talk to, the same when Olaf went to the bridge, I had other piggies to comfort me before Nog arrived, but this time I don't have any animals. Its going to take a heck of a lot of getting used to.

Griff I hope you are okay and that you didn't catch anything off that thoughtless woman :GroupHug:

Snow :GroupHug:

Cat who came at the weekend hasn't been back :( I keep thinking I should have kept him in there and then because he was so painfully thin so will be freezing in this weather. He was scared of Mia so I think that may be why he hasn't come back. There are some really nasty tomcats round here who used to bully Garfy so I really hope he's okay. I can't stop thinking about him and wishing he would come and see me again :( He may not still be in the area either. Please send lots of "get back to Alex's house" thoughts please.

Come on cat, go back to Alex, you know you want to!

Snow, I've still got our dobes collar in a bag in the cupboard under the stairs, and our GSD's. I'll never throw them out.

Griff, I'd be complaining to the hospital. It's crazy to allow people with possible contagious diseases to mix with others, especially someone like you with a compromised immune system. I'm not on nearly the dose of chemo that you probably are and I've been warned to be careful around people with chest infections etc. My dad died from TB when I was nearly seven and my mother caught it from him and spent two years in a sanatorium, it's no joke and the strain around now is resistant to many antibiotics.

Hope the cat comes back Alex - we have a feral cat at the yard who last night came running up to me miaowing and wrapping himself round my legs - he used to run off whenever he saw anyone, so I felt really privileged that he came up for a cuddle :)

:GroupHug: Snow. We still have Shara's lead on the hook with the other dog leads - we lost her back in May, but still can't move her lead from its proper place.

It's a bit cold tonight - it was trying to snow when I was at the farm earlier :unsure:

I have George's ashes on the hall table with his collar on top. I say good night and good morning to him every day. His lead still hangs on the lead rack beside Archie's. I couldn't throw his bed and covers out. They are up on the attic though because I couldn't bear looking at them. His waterproof breathable coat that he loved to wear still hangs in the cupboard. One day I may perhaps have a dog that will use these things again. We all react differently to how we mourn our beloved pets and deal with their things but I think we all know, understand and empathise with the newly bereaved

Nogs collars, leads and coats still hang on the wall in the garage where they always have hung alongside our coats, and they'll stay there, in fact one of the collar and lead sets belonged to Olaf before him, we WILL one day have another dog, and he or she will be given Nogs things, beds & toys etc. to play with just as Olaf had Sabre's and Nog had Olaf's thats why we packed away carefully all his favourites, even a couple of really tatty ones that he used to choose over and above much newer toys he had, one in particular had been Olaf's before him.

Moaning :tired:

When I went to bed at 9 last night Kinky cat decided to sneak out when I let the dogs out for a last wee (she is kept in overnight). So before I went to sleep at 11 I came downstairs to make sure she was back in. Couldn't find her so I opened the front door and did the pppsssss pssss pssss thing. Who comes trotting up the drive and straight up to me but the stray cat :wub: I brought him in and gave him a good feed which he wolfed down. Then sat on the floor and had a cuddle with him. He likes to be stroked but if you touch his tummy he'll hiss, so not sure whether there is a problem there or if he just doesn't like it. He's not quite as skinny as I first thought, but still skinny. His fur is very soft so I'm not sure whether that means he's owned by someone and they don't look after him very well (his feet and legs are quite dirty) or whether he is actually a stray. He's a big cat so should be quite heavy but he's light as a feather. I blocked the cat flap so he couldn't go out but I could see he was getting quite distressed at being kept in so I let him back out again. At least I know he's hanging about in the area so will keep leaving plenty of food down in the day. I don't feel as worried about him now that I've seen him again. He is a beautiful cat too. I've named him Henry :wub:

• Like 1

I have George's ashes on the hall table with his collar on top. I say good night and good morning to him every day. His lead still hangs on the lead rack beside Archie's. I couldn't throw his bed and covers out. They are up on the attic though because I couldn't bear looking at them. His waterproof breathable coat that he loved to wear still hangs in the cupboard. One day I may perhaps have a dog that will use these things again. We all react differently to how we mourn our beloved pets and deal with their things but I think we all know, understand and empathise with the newly bereaved

I think your spot on , we all deal differently and there is no right or wrong way

Same as adopting again , some people do it straight away and some wait longer if at all , the right time is something that we all feel personally and sometimes when you least expect it

Alex, so glad the cat came back and has put your mind at rest, i am sure you can get paper collars or something that you can write a message on so if he is owned you could pop your mobile number on and just ask them to text you so you know he is owned.... if you get no response he may feel happy staying with you.