UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jeunesse

merledogs

Glad you are o.k Gooster!!! i was thinking not like you to pop in and say hi but if you have to pay for wifi then i don't blame you

Puppy training was good thanks, last week apparently there was only 1 puppy so she was very pleased to have company! there are 4 of us in the group, a husky/gsd mix, a lab puppy and a full grown lab who has confidence issues... he is really gentle just everything is so scary for him (he is a rescue) i am fine with him being there as that was me 5 years ago with laney... a full grown barky lungy dog with puppies. i got 2 buses there and she was whingy but good and lots of people petted her, she had a small walk at a green space in town and she was good and then we got to training half an hour early so had to mooch round, the class was good, i got given a starter pack with tonnes of treats, a really good book (that my trainer co-wrote) and a clicker. Dakky dog was good with the other puppies and isn't a thug but does love to run full pelt with others chasing her Lol... including the full grown lab, did some training to sit and lie and loose lead walking and then the best bit........... she did a poo on the green outside!!! the first time she has done any business out on a walk, mind she had been hanging on for hours and hours.... then a taxi home... it is working out expensive as it is £14 in a taxi but i need to ensure she is going to grow into a good dog.

very busy day for me today, got to walk the dogs, prepare their dinners and get showered, pack my stuff for the hospital and all this by 11.40... oh yeah and my dad wants a haircut today too even though he is meant to be dog sitting!!!

sophie, hope you don't get a cold!

this is the book by my trainer

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9780715329412?redirected=true&gclid=CO_A4MXl_7sCFccSwwod0BAAcA

Edited by griff

Glad you are o.k Gooster!!! i was thinking not like you to pop in and say hi but if you have to pay for wifi then i don't blame you

Puppy training was good thanks, last week apparently there was only 1 puppy so she was very pleased to have company! there are 4 of us in the group, a husky/gsd mix, a lab puppy and a full grown lab who has confidence issues... he is really gentle just everything is so scary for him (he is a rescue) i am fine with him being there as that was me 5 years ago with laney... a full grown barky lungy dog with puppies. i got 2 buses there and she was whingy but good and lots of people petted her, she had a small walk at a green space in town and she was good and then we got to training half an hour early so had to mooch round, the class was good, i got given a starter pack with tonnes of treats, a really good book (that my trainer co-wrote) and a clicker. Dakky dog was good with the other puppies and isn't a thug but does love to run full pelt with others chasing her Lol... including the full grown lab, did some training to sit and lie and loose lead walking and then the best bit........... she did a poo on the green outside!!! the first time she has done any business out on a walk, mind she had been hanging on for hours and hours.... then a taxi home... it is working out expensive as it is £14 in a taxi but i need to ensure she is going to grow into a good dog.

very busy day for me today, got to walk the dogs, prepare their dinners and get showered, pack my stuff for the hospital and all this by 11.40... oh yeah and my dad wants a haircut today too even though he is meant to be dog sitting!!!

sophie, hope you don't get a cold!

this is the book by my trainer

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9780715329412?redirected=true&gclid=CO_A4MXl_7sCFccSwwod0BAAcA

Are you training with Marie Millar? She is one of the best.

I did a TTOUCH workshop with her years ago and she was excellent.

I hope your hospital appointment goes well and nothing intoward is found. I had one of those done because of recurring infections. It wasnlt too bad, just a bit uncomfortable. They had music playing in the background to distract you.

Yantan, I have th same problem with Murphy. He hates being groomed. Unfortunately he has a collie/retriever coat which tangles and matta easily so needs done. Cleo has a short GSD type coat like thick velvet. She loves being groomed.

When I produce the brush she pushes in and Murphy disappears upstairs

However once I start doing Cleo he slowly comes down again and hovers to get his shot. :laugh:

I did find he likes to be brushed so his reward for letting me comb him is I finish up with brushing him. I got this brush in PAH http://www.petsathome.com/shop/ball-pin-slicker-medium-by-pets-at-home-95211

which said it was for dogs who did not like being brushed. Murphy loves it.

Blackmagic, yes it is Marie, it is a very long night for me and the pup but i know marie is kind to the dogs and very very good, i saw her with laney for FA and she showed me some massage, showed me how i could walk him and keep control of him even when he kicks off (considering i walk with crutches and i have to hold 3o kilo of lungey dog!) and showed me how to read when he was going to lose it.... she also showed me how bright he is (despite him giving the impression he is thick Lol)

i too have had the camera before, that is partly what is worrying me as i was very very sore last time and as i know whats coming i am not happy, mind you part of it is having some total stranger staring at your bits Lol

Jazz i am so sorry to hear about your fish.... i would contact virgin and let them know what has happened

Edited by griff

Good luck today griff - i hope it all goes well :flowers:

Logan hates being brushed, but Kia loves it. With Logan, he'll just about tolerate it if I stay off his spine and hips - he's a bit sighthoundy so they don't have much fat covering, and I think the furminator over those areas hurts. But he'll still only tolerate it for about 4 strokes of the brush. Thankfully he's mostly short coated, and the main grooming he needs is hand stripping of his winter coat which he loves having done. Kia will lean on me and goes all silly, and moves around so that I'm brushing the area she wants me too :wub: She also needs stripping more than brushing, but at the moment I'm letting her keep her long coat even if it is rubbish at keeping her warm.

Sorry about your fish, Jazz. I am setting up a tank here to foster some fish while owner moving house.

I had hoped my auntie would consider coming here to be looked after together with mum, but she won't because she thinks I would put her in a home or hospice against her wishes, and they would kill her off either accidentally or on purpose. A bit hurtful because the reason I invited her was to keep her out of a home. She is only trusts her friends from church to look after her, but some of them have health issues and most are older than me. They are getting worn out! At last she has agreed to carers visiting her twice a day so she will be fed and washed, and her friends have got a cleaner to come once a fortnight. If her friends had not acted she would have been living in filth. People say how dreadful it is that folk neglect their elders, but what do you do when someone refuses help?

Edited by owl

Awww Owl, it is lovely of you to want to try to help your aunt, have you suggested it in the way that she would be helping your mum? company, helping her memory etc.

i survived the hospital..... no sign of a tumor so lord knows what up with me, they did carry out a very very unpleasant procedure whilst i was there and i am incredibly sore today, had a dreadful nights sleep so hopefully i will feel better tomorrow, if not i am seeing my doctor anyway and she can sort it out

Morning (just).

Glad there is no sign of a tumour griff, but sorry to hear you're sore today :flowers:

I've not had the greatest start to the day - my car broke down on the way into work :( A red light and 'oil pressure - STOP!' message came up, along with a loud beeping noise. Luckily I was right by a pub car park, so I pulled in. Checked the oil which was a bit low but still registering on the dip stick. Topped it up (always carry spare oil in the car), and it seemed ok. Decided to drive back towards my parents' house to test it out, rather than onto the motorway, and it did the same thing a few hundred yards later :( Managed to pull off onto the pavement, and walked to my parents house to find my breakdown cover details. Took them 90 minutes to get there, but luckily I could work from mum and dad's dining table while I waited. Its now been taken to the garage for investigation - fingers crossed its nothing too costly or damaging.

awww sophie, what a nightmare, it could be something as simple as the oil pressure switch wanting replacing, hope it doesn't cost a bomb to fix

does any one here need new dog harness'? there is a company called collarways who sell the lupine harness, my pup is a puller so i got her a no pull harness but it is a pain in the bum to keep adjusting... anyhooo i got diez's old lupine harness out and it is just a wee bit too big for her so i looked on the collarways website, i have just got her a 3/4 inch thick harness in a retired pattern for£10.65 and if you spend over £35 you get free delivery (delivery is only £1.95 anyway) they have got quite a few in and they have 1/2 thick, 3/4 inch thick and 1 inch thick and the best bit???? they are guaranteed for replacement even if your dog chews them!

http://www.collarways.co.uk/pages/retired-1/2-patterns/6311

http://www.collarways.co.uk/pages/retired-3/4-patterns/6312

http://www.collarways.co.uk/pages/retired-1-patterns/6313

they do collars and leads too

Bargain!!!!

Sophie I hope it's nothing too big or expensive with your car :flowers:

Great news about there being no sign of the tumor Griff :flowers: :jammin: Sorry you had to experience an unpleasant procedure though :( Thanks for the links, I might treat Archie)

Now was it Black Magic that put up a link to a brush? Thank you for that :flowers: Seeing that brush reminded me that I had something similar for the cats so I am going to look it out and see if Archie likes that better than the furminator.

I ended up working until 8.30pm last night and have had my nose to the grindstone all morning. I am now on my lunch break but need to get back to it soon. If the bloody van fails to pick up tomorrow I am going to be every so slightly narked. It will lead me to twiddle my thumbs for 3 or 4 days when I could have been working and not having to go broke over the last 2 says :rolleyes: On a brighter note I have had a pay rise. Not a huge one but a welcome one all the same :)