UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jeunesse

merledogs

ha ha, Whizzie, i am sure your Hubby will be o.k..... i have hung 2 pieces of wallpaper in my life, i decorated my mums downstairs loo, it took me 6 pieces of paper as i kept ripping them, i prefer paint now.

we too have a nice sunny day, a pleasant change from the rain, my back garden is like a swamp and having a puppy i am out there constantly...my dad has left a massive gouge in what remains of one lawn from where the pup pulled him... i think we will be getting another new lawn in summer, that will be 4 lawns we have had! i wated the fake grass but my dad said he saw some on someones garden and it looked crap so i don't think he will go for it

the first time I hung wallpaper, it was a 21x13 foot room!

I loved decorating, prefered stripping the paper off lol

I cant get on with photobucket, but if I can email them to someone to put on please?

shes lovely on the lead, and floats on the mud, unlike mouse who needs a bath every time she comes in

Hanging wallpaper? That's what brothers are for!

Aw it's nice when our dogs make a new friend. I'm glad Taffy has found one. I've been witnessing Archie's friendship with Sadie first hand this last week or so. Our DW kept telling me about them but now I've had them both out a couple of times I've seen it for myself - they are so sweet together! Like a real old Derby and Jones. Sadie has many issues from her previous life and Archie is the only dog she has taken too. He's helped her confidence issues a lot too.

Alicia can we talk you through photobucket? It's really easy to use but I'll do the photos for you if you'd rather not.

How fabulous Sam, those slings look sooooooooooooooooooo good :pinkie:

You are going to be busy Alex with all your re-decorating. Our Cozzie cat had a growth in her stomach and was doing the same thing in the bottom department as Garfy. She ended up being really stinky and it got harder and harder to attempt to clean her up. She was a little git though because she held on and held and has been the only animal I've had that didn't make it clear she'd had enough which made the decision to help her to the Bridge so much harder. I'd love to have her and her stinky bottom back. She was the last remaining cat of our gang of 7 :wub:

I did a pain management course last week with a lecturer from Edinburgh uni and it reinforced some earlier teachings about cat pain , cats don't show pain the way dogs do ( and people ) and it's very very very hard to tell a cat is in pain as they hide it and illness as a protection mechanism , it's not surprising you found it hard because cats really don't make it easy for us

Do you have any photos of Cozzie ? She sounds a real character

Wow Sam, they look lovely, is the sulphite free shampoo like the simple one? if so i get mine from poundland and when i am not too skint (hopefully in the next couple of months) i could get you a couple of bottles and post them over to you if you like.... i can let you know when i am not poor anymore

That's so very kind of you but the postage would be shockingly expensive , I got enough to last me till at least March when I return to visit Mum and Ais and I can bulk buy then in boots or pound land

The sulphite free one has no salt in which is great as the salt dries my hair and in the humidity I end up looking like Crystal Tipps from Crystal Tipps and Alistair fame

3f015431618a58d45d7b3721e741df8f_zpsbd6a

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

The wallpapering was a disaster I'm afraid. Hubbie spent ages preparing, cutting, measuring, marking up wall but when it came to the hanging part it all went wrong and he has declared categorically that it was his first and last attempt. Only one bit went part up but after too much faffing the edges lost their glue, there were a couple of creases.....so next weekend I will paint the wall the same as the other 3 & we'll cut our losses rather than employ someone. Not the best of days as you can probably imagine!

Oh Whizzie, sorry to hear that. Watching an experienced person hang wallpaper makes you think you could do it but it is tricky. I don't have the patience for it. My brother on the other hand finds it very relaxing. At least your husband gave it a go. I hope the wallpaper didn't cost too much.

I did a pain management course last week with a lecturer from Edinburgh uni and it reinforced some earlier teachings about cat pain , cats don't show pain the way dogs do ( and people ) and it's very very very hard to tell a cat is in pain as they hide it and illness as a protection mechanism , it's not surprising you found it hard because cats really don't make it easy for us

Do you have any photos of Cozzie ? She sounds a real character

I think you may have met her when you and Mark where here (how bloody long ago was that!!!!) All the cats used to make themselves scarce when we had visitors but Cozzie was always the first to be brave and come and investigate new people. Or she may just have been out on important cat business

Cozzieclose-up.jpg

She was found at a few days old clinging to the body of her dead brother, having been thrown over a wall into a garden. The lovely owner of said garden found her and got her into the local rescue I used to help at. It was touch and go as to whether or not she'd live but she did :) She had that sort of character and held onto life no matter what. I took it in turns with the founder of the rescue to look after her giving her feeds and washing her and carrying her around in my bra! I kinda knew she was going to come and live with us right from the off really. She was a fantastic character and an extremely loving little cat who lived to be 19 :wub:

• Like 1