UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jeunesse

merledogs

I phoned Specsavers to find out why the other referral hadn't been made - they have just rung me back to say they were made - all on the same form, they'd gone a stage further and had rung the hospital direct to find out what was going on, apparently it looks like someone somewhere only actioned the glaucoma referral and hadn't actioned the cataract one, Specsaves faxed the form through again and the hospital appointments lady wrote on it that the Glaucoma was already being dealt with and put the referral onto the cataract surgeons pile - however, there is apparently a BIG waiting list for that one though they admitted that my referral had been made 2 months ago so they have put it on the top of the pile but cannot say when I'm likely to get seen. I've been reading about Gaucoma and several of the sights including RNIB say that it might not be possible to wear contact lenses if I do have it so one way or another I'd be looking to have the surgery anyway.

Sophie I once seized the engine on my VW Beetle due to an undetected oil leak and it proved cheaper to fit a second hand engine, than try and repair the damage. I hope this isn't going to cost you an arm and a leg :flowers: I love the idea for Kia's coat. Might it still have time to arrive before you have to leave tomorrow?

I will certainly mention how much better I have felt on the steroids to my G.P and see what she says. I have had steroid injections straight into the joints before but they didn't do an awful lot for me but these tablets have been much more effective - not that I was prescribed them for the joint problems!

Snow I hope you get your eye situation sorted out as soon as possible. It's a shame Jayne isn't able to get onto to t'interweb much during her holiday this time. She might have had some useful input.

Griff no worries, if you get it posted then you do but if you can't don't worry. Just whenever is fine by me :flowers:

Missus Merle where are you? How is work going?

evening all from Singapore , Mark and I have had an amazing but totally exhausting week at lectures and interactive workshops at the Asia for Animals conference and we have been collapsing into bed every night !

Conference is finished now and we have 2 more days here on a little mini holiday before flying back to SL in the early hours of Monday morning

As per my mothers instructions I will be going to Raffles hotel for a Singapore Sling tomorrow !

oh Sam. you will love raffles, my brothr went for exactly the same reason as you Lol, he did say he felt a bit of a drunk drinking them at 10 am

Snow, lets hope they send you for your appointment soon and they can sort you out.

Yantan, parcel is posted

Sophie, sorry to hear about your car... hope it gets mended soon

i am scuse my french f**kin livid, you know the stupid nurse noted my 3 month old puppy had shown aggression at home (without me asking for advice or anything), well we got the assessment done as per the insurance companies suggestion, my 3 month old puppy is excluded from anything to do with aggression on her policy, so if god forbid she gets into a fight..even if she doesn't start it and the other person claims against me i have to foot the bill, my puppy lives with another dog, a 3 legged cat and attends puppy training and is not aggressive at all, she has met dogs outside and is lovely with them and the vet introduced her to a guinea pig, i am so stressed and annoyed, i am looking at taking out the dogs trust liabilty thing but could do with knowing the policy wording in case as it has been noted on her record she won't be covered as i could do without wasting anymore money, i took her to puppy classes to ensure she got a good start and i needn't have bothered, thanks to the nurse it has cost me £25 behavioral assessment at the vets, £60 for puppy training, plus the cost of 2 buses to go to puppy training £4 each week, and a taxi back each week as i can't keep a puppy hanging about in the rain £14 each week, i can't work and this is all expenses i can do without, let alone the bl**dy stress being bad for me

Thank you Griff and have a big :GroupHug: I would have thought that having had her in for a behavioral assessment and given her tender age the vet could just expunge that comment from Dakota's notes. Unfortunately now the insurance company have it noted we all know they will keep it as a means to prevent a pay out and/or up the premiums. I've been looking for the policy wording on the D.T's liability insurance as I have it but I cannot find it anywhere.

Is this any use? http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/giving/membership/faq/#faq269985

thanks Yantan, i had read through that but it doesn't state anything, well i guess £25 isn't a lot to lose, i asked at the vets as soon as i was made aware of what had been written if they could delete it from the record and they refused... it is absolutely insane, i have had dogs for 13 years and as much as i try to keep them safe and out of trouble there are always those idiots that won't listen, Laney was a beautiful dog until he was attacked 6 times and even now when he is kept on his lead they still look in disgust when their dog runs up to him...normally across the roads or field and he kicks off. i feel like crying

Snow, don't worry - the fact you just had a field test with a nurse and didn't have a consultant appointment as well (and that she didn't go running off to the consultant with your results in a panic) is a positive sign. Glaucoma (if you do have it) isn't going to cause a massive amount of new damage in the space of a matter of weeks left untreated, so try not to worry :flowers: The YAG laser is quick and easily dealt with, so again don't worry :flowers:

Hope all poorly people, animals and cars are better soon.

The weather has been crap here yesterday and today :angry: :rolleyes: It was boiling until then though - I went on a catamaran on Wednesday which was good fun, although there was a group of really loud, drunk Canadians on the boat who drove everyone mad :rolleyes: Am going on a 4x4 day tomorrow with jet skiing as well, so am really hoping the weather cheers up for the rest of the week :unsure:

Jazz, you will be fine!!! technology really isn't that complicated now and a lot of stuff comes with on screen prompts, my parents have just got new mobiles and i have set them up and didn't need the instructions....i generally don't anyway but this phone came with prompts of what i had to do next. the only thing i have had a little bother with was a kobo mini ereader but a quick google and sorted, you may find if you are really stuck on anything that there is a youtube video on the bit you are struggling with plus i am sure somebody here will have one and will point you in the right direction

My Kindle is an older model as I have had it 2.5 years but it was very easy to set up and I think the more up-to-date ones are even simpler so I think you will be OK Jazz. Like Griff says there will likely be a video on YouTube that will take you through the process IF you do get stuck. I luffs my Kindle :) Once you are set up you can subscribe to a daily email from Amazon that will show you all the 99p titles on offer that day. They are often only available on the day so don't put off if you see a title you want as it may well have gone back to its full price by the following day.

It's raining fit to bust here - just for a change :rolleyes:

After initially going to bed early and getting about 2.5 hours sleep in I was woken by Archie wanting to go out at 1.30am. I couldn't get back to sleep after coming down to sort him out. I watched the clock go round until the last time I recall seeing was 6.45am. I must have finally fallen asleep soon after that. Then Archie woke me again by barking at the postman as he made a delivery to us. It was 9.40am and as I had a Tesco delivery booked for 10-11am I had to dash out of bed, hit the shower and get down here. I am supposed to be chatting to my mate in the USA this morning via Skype. I have emailed her to warn her to expect even more waffly bollox from me than usual! She's getting really good at understanding Cumbrian which is just as well as I tend to become broader when I am tired.