UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jolly Jeunesse

merledogs

That is a bargain griff. My two had new easywalk quickfit harnesses for Christmas which I'm really pleased with - Kia is less pleased as she hates having anything put on over her head.

Sounds like you've been busy Yantan. Hopefully the van shows up as expected.

Garage called - its not the pressure switch :( So they're having to go in and have a look - car won't be ready today. I'm now trying to decide if I am brave enough to take OHs car to agility tonight. Its huge and powerful and a bit scary (audi s8), and I haven't driven it before. But its pretty much just motorway driving to get there, so I should be able to manage. Dogs would have to travel on the back seat though, which I'm not keen on. Suppose I'd better ask OH if I can borrow it or not before I put too much though into it.

Sophie, when she is fully grown she will possibly go into diezs old xtra dog harness or if i can afford it a dog games perfect fit harness like i have for laney..... that cost me about £60 and i just can't justify spending a bomb on a harness that will last her about a week i really like the dog games one as they are very solid.

hope you manage with your OH's car

oooo nearly forgot, today on our walk, a dog ran up to laney... i have had problems with this fella and his dog before, anyways laney did nothing!!!! he stood, didn't bark and no hackles, once again the fella didn't bother coming to get him so thankfully laney was well behaved

Owl I hope your Aunty realises that it is for her benefit.

A payrise is a payrise and that is always good news!!

Glad the puppy training went well griff.

Hope your car is cheap and quick to fix Sophie.

It is pee'ing down with rain. My rain dance must be working :-) thAnk you rain gods.

cxx

i am pretty relieved too.... i was more worried about the effect it would have on my mum and dad really.. especially as i said i wouldn't have treatment and i felt bad for saying that but i really have had enough messing with.i just hope that what they did yesterday stops me from getting infections.... i am somewhat sceptical but time will tell

i have spent the day trying to get dakky dog to walk to heel..... i spent 20 minutes in the rain with her last night and she got it and then today back to a bl**dy steam train pulling like mad.

I've just finished work and I've got it all completed! It's the most I have ever done. I've been onto the factory and have been assured it will be picked up in the morning. Mmmmm, I have heard that before but fingers crossed, I got a nice cheque today for last week's work and now next week's cheque will be even better :)

• Like 1

hope they collect your work Yantan.

my mum took my dad to the drs yesterdsy, he is really tired again, dead grumpy and said he had a bleed over christmas...typical bloke wouldn't go to the drs so we bullied him into it... he gets there, tells the dr he has no idea why he is there?? and then when my mum tells the dr what had gone on he informs the dr and my mum that it wasn't just one bleed but went on for 4 days!!! today he is like a bear with a sore head and has gone for a blood test and if the dr isn't happy he will refer him back to the hospital for more tests..... he won't have the though, i think i will be getting snapped at for the forseeable future

Well done yantan - hopefully they collect this lot and drop of the next as they've promised.

Oh dear griff - some people are too stubborn for their own good :flowers:

I am working from home this morning as I didn't really have any way to get to work. Fingers crossed they sort my car out today, as my dad is working near my house and can give me a lift to collect it this afternoon if it is ready.

At least you can work from home Sophie and don't have to miss work. It takes a lot of discipline though I find! Do you? I hope they get your car done today :flowers:

Griff I hope your Dad proves to be less grumpy this time round. He's probably worried about it all but internalising it and so taking it out on his loved ones with his grumpiness. My grandad was like that.

I now have 3 days off work whether or not the van comes to pick this week's work up. I won't be getting next week's allocation until Monday or Tuesday and I will be doing something new to me.

Yay it isn't raining! :bigsmiley: Well not yet anyway :rolleyes:

Forget what I said about it not raining. It's more than making up for the few dry hours we had earlier :rolleyes:

I don't know about sorting my breathing out but these steroids seem to be having a miraculous effect on my sore joints. I have actually been pain free for the last two days :biggrin: I have taken Archie for a walk this morning and found myself striding out which made me realise that I haven't been able to walk naturally like that in a very long time. I had no fear of pain overcoming me and it was only the breathing problem that ended up slowing me down. Even with all the work I have done this week my shoulder and arm joints are no way as near stiff and sore as I have become accustomed too. It may only be a brief respite but it's a very welcome one.

My work HAS been picked up :jammin:

I am not happy, I asked my optician for a referral back to the eye hospital as the eye I had lens replacement surgery on has become blurry its like looking through vaseline smeared on my lens, I know that this is a fairly common side effect of cataract surgery and was warned to look out for it, treatment is fairly straightforward laser surgery and usually a quick zap sorts the problem out and restores full clear vision, I also asked for a referral to see about having my other eye done as the balance between the fixed eye and the non fixed eye is so severe that I need to wear a contact lens in that eye as well as glasses and when I dont have my lens in I am reduced to wearing glasses with my "fixed" eye covered up and frankly I've had enough. All was ok he agreed to make the referral and then I had a field vision test - which I knew I had failed as soon as it started as I explained repeatedly to the girl doing it that the one eye was blurred as all hell and the other eye had had my lens in and out several times that morning and she made me take it OUT for the test to start with! Then put it back in and do the test again - no time for my eye to adjust or settle plus as I said it had already been in and out several times so I wasn't happy. Anyway I had to go back in and see the optician again who said I had high inter ocular pressure plus yes the fvt was a fail so he was concerned about Glaucoma and was making a referral for that as well - I wasn't happy then but hey ho fast forward to today and my appointment at the hospital - turns out the ONLY referral they had for me was the glaucoma one, and my appointment today was purely for a field vision test - I once again explained I was hardly likely to pass given the blurred vision in my left eye but she said that as my pressure was high I would still need to have it done, I was allowed to do it with my lens in, I have no doubt whatsoever I have failed this test too. I only saw a nurse not a Dr and won't be seeing him for the results for several weeks *sighs* NOT a happy bunny at all and now a very worried bunny on top.

Snow, what a palava! could you go to your GP, tell them what has gone on and get them to sort out your referral.... it isn't like you haven't seen an optician it is just they have either forgotten or not bothered, our GP will refer you to whoever you need no trouble at all and hopefully your Dr will be the same.

Yantan i am hopefully putting the parcel in the post this afternoon for you so hopefully you will get it early next week. Ahhhhh Steroids, they are a fabulous drug! do you think if you told your GP of the effect they have had on you they may consider leaving you on a lowish dose? i have been on a massively high dose (through infusions combined with tablets) and i am now being very very slowly weaned off them and the first time i was given the infusion and tablets i had gone from hoping i would die to wanting to go raving Lol

Snow, that sounds a right pain. Fingers crossed its straight forward to sort out the other referals you need.

Pain free sounds nice yantan :) Do you think its something you could try longer term?

Not good car news - guy at the garage is phoning back shortly, but its probably going to be cheaper to put in a new engine than it is to fix whats wrong :(

Luckily I've managed to beg a lift off my mum to get me to the agility show tomorrow, so that should be fun. The new coat/vest I ordered for Kia hasn't arrived unfortunately (yellow one with 'I NEED SPACE' plastered on it), but hopefully she'll behave and not need it.