UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ongoing Oration

merledogs

We frequently get helicopters over head. It's usually RAF Mountain Rescue. They were over at the weekend flying very low so they must have been going for a landing in the park which isn't far from us and is right beside the hospital. I later found out that a 24 year old lad was killed when he fell off Striding Edge :(

We often get the police chopper overhead here, but if you drive into the Peaks it's the Edale Mountain Rescue, picking up people who've fallen off crags, slid down hillsides etc. It always amazes me the things people wear at times to go walking...I've gone past women in wedges, high heels, flip flops...not a good idea on uneven ground that can get boggy and slippery.

That's so sad :(

We don't tend to get many helicopters round here. Planes, yes as we are on the flight path to Manchester Airport. But I quite like that, being a plane nerd.

Keeping everything crossed for the twins :flowers:

Day off today. I think my jet lag is coming to bite me on the ass (after being so smug about how non tired I was yesterday :laugh: ) When my alarm went off this morning for my evil abs class, it still felt like the middle of the night :unsure: Trying to get all my washing done today, there is so much of it to do!

Does anyone here watch Gogglebox? It's on channel 4 and films people watching TV. Sounds boring, but it is actually really funny. There is a posh couple on there who are always drunk. I caught up on the 2 I missed whilst I was away, in them both, they take the mick out of Downton Abbey and it was really funny :)

Quick reply...yes Sophie that was it! Thanks for that link. We are in a 2 bed terrace and I thought it was the bin men driving up and peeked out and saw the police vans just before they battered the hell out of next doors door! When I left to go to work there were about 8/10 police outside and a few more inside!! They were very lovely though!

xxx

Haha Jayne, yes i watch gogglebox and that posh couple are sooooooooooo funny, always smashed and i am sure she fell over last series

we get the police copter over quite a bit and the air ambulance too but we live near the airport so only to be expected i guess. the funniest thing ever was when the police copter was over and i took diez out for a walk, it was about 11pm on a summer night and i let the dog off the lead and sat under the tree...next thing i am lit up in a massive glow of white, thankfully the dog came running back, i am always getting stopped by the police anyway but first time with a helicopter!

Doctors rang today and the antibiotics i had were no good as my infection is resistant to them so had to go and fetch some more, whilst i was there i asked for them to check my blood results as i couldn't understand the lady yesterday (she was saying they were normal), they printed them out and i really am a mess Lol...... i have 1 normal one, 1 high one and the rest are all low