UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ongoing Oration

merledogs

crikey october............ it's my birthday at the end of the month!

been summoned to the drs today...again! good job too as i have a bl**dy water infection again, feckin E-coli, i just wish i could figure out how the heck i keep getting it, i have been drinking nearly 2 litres of water a day to try and help

Hope they can sort you out some work soon Yantan

Ahhh well wasn't good news at the Drs, mind you i have no idea why i would be surprised by that Lol. my blood results are all over the place and my white cells have dropped significantly which isn't good, some of the others didn't look to clever either, my gp was very surprised that my consultant hadn't rung me.... he is very very busy though so i am sure i will get a call in a few days. i got some tablets for my water infection and i hope they work fast as i am dreading going to the loo Lol

I hope those tablets start working super fast Griff :GroupHug:

I don't think Archie knew what to make of Ian and Cara coming to take him for his walk in MY car. He only associates it with me and Ruby and you could see the WTF look on his face :ohno01: Ian has the car because he's tarting it up a little and listing it on eBay for me after sourcing the root of the battery drain and sorting it out. I have a new-to-me car picked out but can't get it because the present owner is away on a long holiday. Her new car wasn't delivered to the dealer until the day before she left and she didn't have time to sort it out :rolleyes_anim:

Hope you are feeling better soon Griff :flowers:

Hope you get some work soon Marion :)

Tis another boiling day here - definitely doesn't feel like October :laugh:

Am currently trying to make a decision about my work (again :laugh: ). One of the practices I do regular days at is starting to pile on the pressure for conversion (sales basically). I have a meeting with them when I get back from my hols - am tempted to tell them to find someone else to do the days before they sack me, however it's regular money :unsure: I know that unless my conversion picks up, they will let me go as they can find locums who will sell ice to the Eskimos and make them a lot more money than I do. I don't believe in selling glasses unnecessarily, so if someone's prescription is the same and they are happy with their glasses, I offer them the chance to change, but never force the issue :unsure: I can get work elsewhere, but it wouldn't be regular days, just hit and miss whenever different practices need me.

I know Mary - this was the exact reason I left my previous job :rolleyes: I worked out I needed to do 100 Locum days per year to earn what I was on in my previous job. So far this year I have done 97 :) I could afford to leave Buxton and be quiet for a few weeks. Having said that, I am always getting emails and texts with dates that need cover, so I would probably be ok. If I'm not, I guess I would just have to look for an employed position again :unsure: