UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ongoing Oration

merledogs

Well that was short lived. I came to a grinding halt because someone forgot to send me holding boxes. I can only stack things so high before they all start sliding and become difficult to handle and so I have run out of table because of my little towers of packed product. I have reported in and hopefully Ruby will bring the missing boxes home with her tonight - although her little Panda isn't much bigger than one of the boxes :laughingsmiley:

It has rained a bit here today to make you all feel better :)

Had a day with the dolphins today - it was amazing. Spent all day in and out of various sections of the cove where the dolphins were, interacting and learning hand signals to ask them to do things. It was absolutely fantastic. I didn't like the foot push at first as their noses are quite solid and they really push your feet hard. On one attempt they pushed my feet and I managed to stand up, before I nearly lost my pants and fell over backwards :laugh: :rolleyes: Thankfully the photographer didn't get that on film :laugh: The trainers really seem to care about the dolphins welfare. There are lots of separate coves with different friendship groups in. If one dolphin is getting bullied, they swap and change the groups around. There was a dolphin in one of the coves who was just milling about and not taking part, we he didn't want to. Then half way through when he realise he was missing out on attention and fish, he came over to join in :)

• Like 1

I asked on Facebook as well , is this the place where the wild dolphins choose to come in and swim with people in the sea ? I read about it once and was really impressed but can't remember where it was

I swam with Dolphins at sea world in Australia years ago and deeply regret it as I thought sea world were all about conservation and the dolphins enjoyed it but afterwards When I got the Internet I discovered neither was true as they were in a tank okay a large one but a tank none the less. In my case it was all about making sea world money not dolphin welfare and I am ashamed to say I was suduced by the advertising :(

To swim with wild dolphins in the sea must have been amazing :)