UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ongoing Oration

merledogs

morning all x

its pouring down here but not cold.

the tank is being cleaned out this morning, a good excuse to get son and daughter in law round lol

my wrist is killing me, but I am going to the boot sale! im looking for DVDs of mrs browns boys,love that show

better get shifting, shes coming at11

have a safe dry day xxxxxx

Morning.

I hope everyones had a good weekend and people, pets, cars, etc are well.

Alex, I hope the headache clears quickly.

I spent most of the weekend clearing stuff out of one of the rooms upstairs, and stripping wallpaper. Still have 2.5 walls to go - it's taking a while.

"...singing oooh wack a doo what a day" - the damn lottery tune is going round and round in my head so it might as well do so with yours!

Hope the meetings aren't too onerous this week Alex :flowers:

Archie went to agility last night and tried flyball. I think we will be sticking to agility :rolleyes: He got the tunnel this time and is happy to come thro it although he does so at strolling pace. We enter the arena thro the stables and I had to hold my breath because I am allergic to horses. I so wanted to go and say hello to them all (they are riding for the disabled horseys and ponies) but didn't dare. I was just starting to wheeze as I entered the arena but it let up after that.

Afternoon all :)

Have had a nice snuggly day inside today - I had 16 episodes of corrie to catch up on. I have watched 12 episodes, but my brain is frazzled now. Going to go to mum and dad's to walk the dogs now :)

Have also got the option of a regular Saturday morning clinic in Didsbury - 9am till 12.30. It is for less money than a full day at Buxton, but it means I get more of a weekend and better quality of life. If I can fill my Thursday, I will be ok :)

First time since Saturday it isn't raining (not yet, anyway!). I'm getting totally fed up with it, Rosie doesn't mind going out in the rain but she gets so bedraggled and makes everything else damp that she touches. I did get her a raincoat type thingy, but she won't wear it. I watched Channel 4 about dogs left alone, it was very interesting especially the cortisol levels and hot ears bit.

Morning.

Suzeanna - would she wear a fleece jumper? Logan hates wearing a coat when out on walks, but is happy to have his equafleece on when we get home. It then sops up all the mud and water and keeps the house much cleaner.

I think I'll be heading to the vet with at least one of the dogs later. Kia was really off at agility last night - running under the jumps, very barky with the other dogs. I found a sore spot on her back, so want to put her on metacam for a few days, but I've run out. And Logan pulled up halfway through the class and refused to work, which is very unlike him. We couldn't decide whether it was upset tummy or a sore back leg - he wasn't limping but was worrying at his bum / back leg. Will see how he goes today and decide whether he needs a quick check over or not.

I hope Logan is feeling ok today Sophie and Kia's sore spot isn't any worse.

I'm fuming..I thought the company who wanted to opencast the fields behind our house (and a considerable amount of the other fields) had given up the idea, but I just got an email from the protest group, pointing me to the latest news which is they are putting in for permission by the end of this year. We have an abundance of wild life, various birds etc in those fields, but it seems that counts for nothing. :mad1:

Oh no Suzeanna :err: I hope they fail.

I've just had my oldest friend here - I mean the friend I have kept in touch with the longest and not that she's really old! We go waaaaaaaay back to the 1970's. We don't see much of each other these days but we just pick up where we left off whenever we do get together. It's really given me a lift seeing her :)