UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts All Talking

Jazz

crikey Owl, sounds a bit of a nightmare, i hope your friend can find somewhere so you don't have to rush your move.

Gooster, tell your mum to shred some of your dads knackered clothes and blame it on the washing machine chewing them up Lol. does truly happen as i overloaded the washing machine and it ate 2 of my lovely vests

Jazz, no idea about dogs walking backwards but hope albert is o.k

Not bad its only 9:30 and I have already been to the library and chose some new books, popped into Greggs (utterly fatal!) and had a mooch round the 99p shop back home now with a highly fattening completely bad for me synthetic cream doughnut which I cannot resist :D

How to confuse a Marion. Book 2 x 1.5hr walks for Archie followed by 2 x 1 hour walks and then work out how much the DW is owed. I can't cope with 50 pences getting into the equation. Numbers make me nervous. I'm all a-quiver now :rolleyes: :weird: :blinking1:

Owl I hope the housing situation works out before you have to move into the garage :flowers:

Snow is that dear Greggs or bargain Greggs down the road? It is fatal me going to bargain Greggs I come out with carrier bags full!!

omg theres a bargain Greggs? You shouldnt have told me that! LOL It was the one by Kings Square as I managed to park on the hill right outside the library so just nipped across - I did spot that there was a parking bay right outside the other Greggs as I went past and made a mental note that if I was going to do the 8:30 library run again I could be a lazy beggar and just drive down to that one if thats a bargain Greggs than I am done for LOL

:laugh: at Snow - I work opposite a bargain Greggs every other Monday - tis awesome :)

Glad you have found someone that may be able to help Jazz :flowers:

Hope you got your numbers sorted Marion :flowers:

It's very dangerous me being left alone - I start planning things that don't need to be planned yet. I haven't been to Mexico yet and am already thinking ahead to January's holiday. I wasn't going to book that until I get back from Mexico, but for the date I want to go, the full balance will be due 4 days after I get back :unsure: Am now thinking if I book it sooner rather than later, I can pay the balance off a bit at a time, so it's not a massive chunk coming out of my bank when I book it. Have also discovered it's only £90 more expensive to go to Cuba than it is to go to Egypt, so might have a change and go to Cuba instead :biggrin:

South Africa sounds very interesting as does Cuba , oddly Egypt has never appealed to me

loving India , its totally mad and very intense , the paradox of the huge wealth and consumerism sitting side by side with children living and begging on the streets is something I am still working on in my head

yesterday we got caught in the worse monsoon rains I have ever seen , even with a brolly and rain mac I was soaked to the skin in minutes and yet 3 naked little street children sat in the road and were playing / bathing in the storm water with total joy on their faces. Its hard to know what to do when confronted by it as I have seem their parents openly taking drugs on the street so giving money direct is not helpful. I am going to donate to some NGO's working with the families direct as I think its better to let them use donations to help the children and hopefully adults in a more positive way.

omg theres a bargain Greggs? You shouldnt have told me that! LOL It was the one by Kings Square as I managed to park on the hill right outside the library so just nipped across - I did spot that there was a parking bay right outside the other Greggs as I went past and made a mental note that if I was going to do the 8:30 library run again I could be a lazy beggar and just drive down to that one if thats a bargain Greggs than I am done for LOL

Yes Snow the other Greggs ( sort of opposite and a bit down past wilkinsons) is a bargain Greggs. You may be sorry :)

Sounds fab Murtle :)

Egypt is really nice Sam - very much a laze on the beach holiday, not really somewhere you can go out exploring (not that I go out exploring anywhere when I go away on my own :) )

Am now torn between 2 hotels in Cuba - one in Holguin and the other in Cayo Coco. The one in Holguin is a bit more expensive but gets better reviews on trip advisor. I hate trip advisor - in the good old days you just looked in a brochure, chose a nice looking hotel you could afford, then booked it. Nowadays, even the tour operators have trip advisor reviews on the hotel pages, so you can be put off straight away if the most recent review is bad :rolleyes: