UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts All Talking

Jazz

Have you given him your contact info Griff so he can answer you or are you popping on his bus in the week? That was really brave. I would never have had the guts to do that so well done. Whatever the answer is I bet you made his day as it's nice to think someone thinks like that about you whether you are in a position to do anything about it or not. Hope the answer is yes.

We've had hardly any sleep so I'm not going to Dad today. It will give me an opportunity to sort the house out and claw back some sanity. It's too much going to see him every week. We've been doing it for 2 years and we're not having a life with just a 1 day weekend due to having to do a little bit of house stuff and weekly shop. I feel bad that we haven't been down to see Martyn's mum for ages when she is actually quite poorly and has been seriously ill twice.

there must be something in the air.... i was awake at 5am, i did fall back to sleep after about 3 hours and feel bad now

Lol, Jacobean, i just blurted it out and legged it, he knows which one my house is and i will probably see him today at some point as he usually works the weekend... if not today then probably next week... the relief is massive!!!

Sorry to hear martyns mum hasn't been well, it is so difficult when 2 relatives are ill/need help at the same time. i am sure your dad will want you to take time to yourself

Sorry to hear that, but at least as peaceful a way as anyone can hope for.

Everything still in the air here, looks like a game of musical houses at the end of the month. We have found a good storage place for friend's furniture while friend and animals camp at mine using my furniture, crockery etc and I do the same in mum's garage until the pod is built. I have stopped flapping about and am sure we will ride it out somehow.

Moaning :tired:

Sorry to hear that jazz.

Michelle - I'm sure your dad will understand that you need to take some time for you. Is he far away from you (thinking whether you could visit him one evening instead of every saturday and leave weekends free for yourself)?

Saw a perfect example of why you shouldn't walk dogs off lead this morning - bloke opposite has two young labs. As I was opening my curtains I saw him coming down the road with them both off lead. There was a cat in front of his house and one of them took off over the road after it.

No that's most of the problem Alex. It's a 3 hour round trip just to see Dad adding the time spent with him on top. It's taking over my life and I'm beginning to feel angry and depressed over it all. For years he has hardly ever rung me and in 15 years of living in this house he has visited me twice. Even when I was very poorly. It's just as well I'm not the same as him otherwise he would have been up crap creek without a paddle.

Sorry to hear that Jazz

Michelle could you maybe change to going to see your dad once every 2 weeks instead of every week? I know when I was doing the back and forth to Wales thing for my mum it was every 10 days and that started to impact on me & Robs quality of life and left me almost permanently exhausted both physically & mentally trying to keep everyone else happy. If I remember right he's in a home where hes safe. looked after and can have company if he wants it - every other week visiting shouldn't be too arduous for him - no matter how much he might claim otherwise (emotional blackmail). You & Martin need to try and pace yourselves it could be a fair while yet that you might need to have to keep doing this and you need to start thinking about yourself as well - its NOT selfish its self preservation!

Jazz, sorry to hear your sad news

Jacobean, i agree with the others, you need to look out for yourself first, as has been said he seems quite happy in the home and you can always give him a ring and spend a while on the phone with him instead, it must be very hard on both you and Martyn

Merledogs, i really don't understand why people won't put dogs onlead near a road, it is hardly strenuous and at least you can't be blamed for causing an accident, there are tonnes of people here who do it and one woman had her old dog run over a few times and this one got ran over 2 days after she had her, does she put her on the lead????? does she heck

ive got a pushchair for trudy. mouse walked nicely next to it, then let trudy out when we got there. she had a nice run then happily got back in

if he doesnt ring or have visited you, you have done your bit. just ring from now on

ive put my place on the swapping site. I know,been here 3 weeks, but got the moving bug now lol

No that's most of the problem Alex. It's a 3 hour round trip just to see Dad adding the time spent with him on top. It's taking over my life and I'm beginning to feel angry and depressed over it all. For years he has hardly ever rung me and in 15 years of living in this house he has visited me twice. Even when I was very poorly. It's just as well I'm not the same as him otherwise he would have been up crap creek without a paddle.

Is your stepmother still visiting him? If not then can he move closer to you? Remember to look after yourself as well - I don't think it's fair you have all the burden on your shoulders. As snow said, visit him less often and be a bit selfish in this instance, otherwise your own health will suffer (physical and mental). Maybe once every few weeks?