UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts All Talking

Jazz

With Virgin the PE differences make a big difference - seat wise the standard seat is 17.5 width PE is 22 & leather with a footrest, pitch is 30 standard but 38 PE (Robs 6'6"), theres also extra luggage allowance, a dedicated check in, advanced boarding, smaller PE cabin, free welcome champers, same meal as business class so a choice of menu with wines served on china plates etc. plus a free amenities pack (the one that used to be given to all classes when Virgin first started up). BA PE is only 18.5 seat and 36 pitch, no dedicated check in or preboarding etc. so less of a "special" feel to paying for the upgrade.

Snow, are you signed up for group on?? they quite often have some good breaks on there at a reasonable price. Like Sam said, iceland can be quite reasonable and my bro said it was really great when he went (and he did get to see the northern lights)

i have picked up a bug and feel cack, and to top it off i haven't seen my bus driver... i think the bus company are very inconsiderate, he should just be left on this route so i can sort things out Lol

I cat sat for friends who went to Iceland a good few years ago now but they came back raving about it. They are very well travelled people and it remains one of their top places to go.

Am I officially sad? I am getting a real kick out of continually refreshing the screen which shows me where Stevie, the DPD delivery driver, is whilst en-route to me. He is currently at the Queens Hotel in town delivering parcel number 7. I am parcel number 50 so he has a way to go yet. The screen shows he should be with me in approximately 2 hours. Dawg I love this sort of technology!

Bugs weren't there when I looked, but will keep looking for them at different times of the day. Thanks for the info and I am hoping they haven't migrated or been eaten by slugs!!

Another question do slugs eat normal garden worms? I hate slugs...

Snow have you considered looking at flights and hotels separatly? We went to Genova last year I think quite cheaply just by choosing cheap flights and then finding a nice hotel. See what flights go from your local airport and then see hotel costs.

Yantan, I love the fact you are having fun! It's a great way for customers to not be frustrated at waiting for their delivery!

xx

Iceland is on my list for sure - not sure though its in the cheap range - well not that I have found yet. I'm currently looking at Budapest (in a cheaper hotel lol) Sky Scanner has come up with very cheap flights (£23 each way) if we fly from Stanstead or Luton but that then adds travel (petrol), car parking travel time etc onto the cost so may not be feasible.

This is one of the drawbacks to moving home to Wales - despite having an airport right on my doorstep they dont really fly where we want to go lol

Marion I too am waiting excitedly for a delivery - my competition prize is due today, they rang me yesterday to say it was coming, then they rang me at 7am (Rob wasnt pleased lol) to say it would be here between 12-4 then they rang me again at 10 with a revised estimate as they are making good time so it'll now be here before 3 I have absolutely no idea what exactly I'm getting so its a bit like Xmas lol

• Like 2

I would be excited too Snow - well actually I am excited for you and look forward to hearing what you get :) The first time I entered a competition and won anything was many years ago but I still remember how excited I was when I unpacked a little hamper of Shwartz products. You'd have thought I'd won the lottery!

Stevie, the delivery man, is about 15 minutes away :)

Oooo can't sleep I am too excited

Wow how lucky Snow

I can't wait to hear the next instalment Griff :)

I am also really excited cause I have decided I am going to Sri Lanka next year to see Sam, Mark and help at Dogstar, I am also going to go to India and Goa as well - I may never return ;)

• Like 2