UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Jawings

merledogs

Morning. Archie and I are still in bed and likely to remain so for a wee while seeing as we have no builders in today.

Alex good for you complaining about that guy. He sounds a right tool.

The car looks good Owl, I hope yours will give you good service :)

Murtle I hope you get your running shoes/insoles sorted so you can keep up your running regime.

Oh fingers crossed that Ted gets to come home soon. Things are starting to sound more positive now.

Owl - I have been driving one of those since Friday as my Hyundai did a very good dead impersonation so Brenda loaned me her car!!! Hers is automatic so apart from having to get used to my left arm and leg waving around with nothing to do I found it very good. She is away so I have been transporting her dogs back to my house for overnight and mine up to hers for exercising them all before bringing hers back so with the back seats down there has been me driving, Bo strapped in the front seat, the 2 Littles on padding in the front footwell and then tiny tiny Jed (40+kg), China (small boxer), Trumps (Labrador), Deeze (collie) and Ash (humungous Rottie x Dobie pup who dwarfs Jed and is only 8 months old) in the back!!

Yesterday was weird driving wise as first thing in the morning I transported all the dogs to Brenda's for exercise in the field then left hers there. In the afternoon I drove my resuscitated 2.9 litre manual Hyundai to the dealer and then drove back in my new (well, new to me) Ford Galaxy which is 1.8 litre but 6 speed manual - so had to get used to changing up and down instead of just putting my foot down!

That's great news about Ted :cheer:

The builders decided to come back today having popped in to check the drying of the first lot of plaster. It was OK so they are cracking on. Bang go my nice quiet day! Still I'd rather than they come to do work than be missing for days. Archie at least got to sit out for a while on his sheepskin.

edited to correct my stupidness

Edited by Yantan

Great news about Ted, are you going to have a welcome home banner up for him and sossidges?

Hope you find a car you like Jazz.

I phoned the docs yesterday to see if my scan result was in..yes, but the doctor hadn't looked at it yet, ring today after two. So I did and guess what? She still hasn't commented on it. The reception woman said she didn't understand the letter as it was all long words and "doctor speak", but it did say no major lesions found which sounds good. I've got to ring at 4.30 to see if the dr has made a comment yet. If she hasn't I'll conclude that no news is good news and leave it. If it matters, she'll ring me...I hope! Though after reading the other day about the poor woman who died after two idiot trainee surgeons took out an ovary instead of her appendix so then she developed raging septicaemia, maybe I'm wrong to be confident.

My neighbour has just come home from work, set up a ruddy great compressor and is out there with a blinking jackhammer breaking up the floor of his garage - and now we have discovered something else Sal has to bark at .... *sighs*

Phoned the surgery...what a suprise, she still hasn't looked at it. Ring tomorrow after 2. Sorry, said the woman, yes so am I! I replied with some irritation. There are six doctors in that place, surely one of them could have looked?

Oh dear Snow..still no sign of Sal going, then?

oooo crikey, not what you want really Snow, mind at least yours starts at a decent time.... my neighbours regularly start DIY at 8pm even though our local law states you have to finish a heck of a lot earlier.

Suzeanna, good look with the doctors, hopefully the results are o.k

Yantan, at least your builders showed up... they must be good

congrats to all with new cars, i hope they are good to you for several years

terrific news about Ted lets hope he is home at the weekend and you get some nice sunny weather so you can spend some time outside together

Jazz, good luck with the car quest

nothing much to report here at the moment except the vicar turned down my nans headstone so we are not too happy

A workman that turns up in advance to complete early?! I'd report him Yantan...there is something clearly not right there.

Alex, that is a dreadful position to be put in. Definitely something his manager should be discussing with him in a serious manner, or indeed HR. There is humour and humour and that just isn't funny. x

Why do colleagues ask me for advice on how to do work, but don't actually give me enough to do...bored.com

Evernink

Alex that's shocking. Hope management clamp down on his behaviour quickly. That's a serious issue

Hope Jazz has found her new car tonight and that Owl's lasts many long happy & cheap years. Looks good

Murtle hope new trainers are comfy and don't any problems

Suzeanna docs are out of order. Please do keep ringing them just incase

Wonderful news re Ted. Hope he's home at the weekend

Martyn has gone out for the evening. Doglets so far not bothered as we had an early tea and they helped me with mine. Such fickle creatures lol

Edited by Jacobean

We have a car. Good thing it still has its manual or I would take a while to work out what all the controls are for. It has a radio cassette player, no CD player but a colour TV :confused: which I am giving to a friend for when she goes camping. There are 5 different radio cassette manuals in its service folder but none are for the one currently installed. I will probably twiddle around until I get Classic FM and leave it there. It will take me a day or two to get used to the gear ratios. Tomorrow I will work out best way to fit dog crate in and take Wispa somewhere nice. She has been very patient about missing out on her fave places for 3 weeks.

So pleased to hear about Ted :cheer: