UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Jawings

merledogs

Excellent news on the car Owl and good girl Wispa for showing such patience :wub:

Suzeanna that's not on to leave you not knowing and just having to assume no news is good news. The doctors surely know that keeping patients in the dark about outcomes of scans and tests is not beneficial for their health. I hope you hear tomorrow.

Well it must be all this talk of cars on here which has caused mine to fail to start this morning. Flat battery trouble again, even after spending £90 plus quid on a super duper Swedish winter Volvo battery not so long ago.

Ruby and I went out tonight and started it with jump leads. Why do men have to stop to watch, albeit from a distance or otherwise crane their necks just because it's two women with the bonnets up on a their cars doing stuff. Feck off you twerps. I even looked over and asked one man why he was minding my business for me. He took off at a fair old lop. It just makes my blood boil that some men still don't think women can do these sorts of things. It's feckin 2013 FFS :banghead:

And breathe.

• Like 3

At least you got it started! Is the battery under guarantee, if you only got it fairly recently?

The doctor phoned me!! Apologised for not having looked before I phoned, but the scan is pretty much the same as one I had back in 2009...tube still squished but no worse, and my kidney function is now showing as normal. What a relief! She doesn't know what caused the blip but said I need another blood test in about 3 months to make sure it hasn't gone off again.

OH has two weeks off as from Friday..on Saturday he's off to Sheffield to Lazer Quest (some guy's leaving do.) Given that he's about thirty years older than all the rest who are going, I don't think I'll be making any bets as to who gets hit the most :D . I'll make sure he's got his inhaler..poor old chap!

Oh that all sounds good Suzeanna :flowers: I'm so glad you heard back.

It's not that the battery is at fault really. There is something that is draining it whilst the car is immobile. It could possibly take a few hours for my mechanic to isolate it and I am not willing to throw more ££'s at it given that I am scrapping the car next year. I just hoped that the super duper battery might have stood up to whatever the drain is. It's also partially my fault because I leave it standing for long periods depending on how I am feeling and if I am up to driving.

Yantan, if you are only doing short trips on a regular basis with your car, you won't give the alternator enough chance to recharge the battery so frequent starting causes the starter motor to drain quite a bit of power with less going back in. Also as you say something might not be powering down, the bmw we just gave away had a faulty heater hedgehog and so the heater kept cutting in and out, of course we didn't have a clue until the alarm starting going due to the battery being drained that much. if you google your car model and the poor battery life if it is a common fault there will be a lot of info

Suzeanna, glad the dr called and you can relax now.... Lol@ your OH going to laser quest

Jacobean, that jag is a real good car, has so far never failed to amaze me... when i get the covers off next i will post some piccies. 2 weeks ago it was destined to go to the scrappy as my dad believed it wanted an engine.... now she is hopefully getting restored again! this will be the second time since we have owned it, doesn't require much this time round i don't think... belongs to my dad but is my project and if anything happens to him she becomes mine!

Edited by griff

Thanks for the tip Griff. I will Google it tomorrow when I am back on the desktop 'puter & not under the influence of my night time medicaments. I'm usually careful to give the car enough of a good run to ensure the battery is topped up but the other day I had to move the car for the builders. I made the mistake of thinking it would be ok with just a quick trip around the block because I'd already had it out that day. I am pretty sure now, on reflection, that that was what caused it to fail.

Hope you get your car sorted Marion :)

Glad your scan was ok Suzeanna :flowers:

Thanks for all the kind words about Ted :) I can't wait to see my boy again and give him a big hug :)

Has anyone else been watching Airport live on the BBC? It's all about Heathrow airport, it's fascinating. All about behind the scenes at the airport, in air traffic control, plane maintenance, turnaround, cargo etc. Being a plane nerd, I love it :biggrin:

Jayne I love any programme that shows behind the scenes stuff. I'd probably have been watching Airport Live if we'd had a working telly.

I hope you get to give Ted a big hug soon. He will be so pleased to see you, it will probably do him the power of good to be back with his family.

Uuurgh my right hip and right knee started aching in bed last night and woke me up frequently. I am more than a little crabby this morning with the lack of sleep.

It's going to be another glorious day here. The sky is such a beautiful blue with not a cloud in sight. Archie is out in the garden making the most of it before the builders arrive.

It's not stopped raining here since we got up at 6.30! They are saying it might clear later...shouldn't complain, as we want the ground to be watered, we're taking up (for we read he) some paving stones next week, about 24 of them, and laying turf. Quite what we're going to do with 24 heavy pavers I don't know, but hopefully Freecycle will come to the rescue.

I hope your pain goes away quickly Yantan and that the builders don't make too much noise, maybe you can sneak forty winks later.

Edited by suzeanna

Jazz, we had our old micra for 11 years and it was the bodywork that let her down in the end not the engine, and the garage where we had her MOT'd said they are very reliable cars. Our new one goes like a rocket, and she looks good too...best of luck with yours if you get it.