UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Jawings

merledogs

Afternoon. It's not raining her yet but looks like it will be fairly soon.

Hope everyone's day is going ok.

Logan's a bit poorly today - he's been sick several times this morning :( I think we'll be giving agility class a miss this evening, and if he doesn't perk up by tomorrow it'll be a trip to the vet.

Poor Logan, I hope he soon feels better :GroupHug:

DW brought Archie back from his walk and told me he was limping on his front left leg. He had chased a ball and brought it back twice before she noticed a slight limp so she stopped the ball game and took him for a short flat walk followed by a dip in the river as it's so warm here today. By the time she'd walked him back here the limp had become more pronounced. He is doing his best woe-is-me act - he hates not being fully fit. He's resting now so I am hoping that will do the trick but If he's no better tomorrow I shall take him to the vets.

That's good to know about Micra's being reliable. I'll put one on my list of considerations when I start looking for something compact to take the place of my old Volvo.

DW brought Archie back from his walk and told me he was limping on his front left leg. He had chased a ball and brought it back twice before she noticed a slight limp so she stopped the ball game and took him for a short flat walk followed by a dip in the river as it's so warm here today. By the time she'd walked him back here the limp had become more pronounced. He is doing his best woe-is-me act - he hates not being fully fit. He's resting now so I am hoping that will do the trick but If he's no better tomorrow I shall take him to the vets.

That's good to know about Micra's being reliable. I'll put one on my list of considerations when I start looking for something compact to take the place of my old Volvo.

I hope Archie and Logan soon feel better and the vet visits aren't necessary.

Despite being one of the smaller cars, there's more room in a Micra than you might think, before we got our cav we fostered a golden retriever and got her and Dylan on the back seats. They arranged themselves very nicely head to tail and no one fell off.

Hope Archie is feeling better soon :GroupHug:

Just paid for my holiday - this means I have to go now :biggrin: :laugh: I didn't need to pay for it for another 9 days, but as it is super quiet in work today, I decided to get it paid for now then it's done and off my mind :)

I have just tried a new (to me) coffee from Rwanda. I grind the beans myself for a real good fresh cup of coffee and I must say this one is just about the best coffee I've ever had. I shall buy more of this :)

The day has changed dramatically. It's clouded over and I think there will be rain later. It's still very warm though.

George's old pal, Rosie the BC from next door, had an op on her leg yesterday - and not before time. She had a huge - and I mean HUGE - growth on it. Had she been mine I would have it removed 12 months ago. I know she is 14 going on 15 and my neighbour was worried about her having the anaesthetic but she has left her animals too long in the past before seeking veterinary help.

I really think the only thing that prompted her to get the op done now was that a few days ago the skin had broken over this huge swelling and it was weeping and smelly which she found offensive. Anyway it has now been done and I have just been making a fuss of Rosie over the fence and feeding her a few treats. She is looking great and the vet has done a really good job. Rosie and George were norty puppies together and used to get up to all sorts of shenanigans. Rosie hasn't had the nice life that George had though :(

sorry to hear Archie and Logan aren't feeling tip top at the moment... lets hope tomorrow returns themselves to their normal selves

Gooster.......... how many days until the holiday now???

Yantan, hope Rosie heals well i am very much in the camp of a day to early than a day to late with animals, i see people looking at diez as her legs are twisted, she eats, runs round and is happy and seems pain free but each time i take her to the vet i ask him is he happy with her and the day he says no then that is when i will worry

i set of on our walk, was warm so i went in shorts and a vest.... 5 minutes out and it starts raining a bit, not too bad, then it pelted down!!! i looked like a drowned rat but thankfully the hair dye wasn't running out of my hair this time Lol

RMQ does anyone know if you are having your immune system supressed should you still get hayfever? i thought i wouldn't get hayfever now but i have been really bad the past 2 days

Evening.

Gentle hugs for poorly dogs :GroupHug:

The situation about the meeting the other day is getting out of hand and everybody is jumping on the bandwagon. I was happy for my boss to have a quiet word (and he was ready to cos he is angry about it), but now his boss has said he wants to go to the offending person's director, who will come down on him like a ton of bricks. I just want my boss to have a few quiet words and for it to go away because it's likely I will be bumping into this person occasionally. Not just up to me though because there were two females from our team there. I've been in hostile meetings before and it's never pleasant, but it's the word "rape" which I find really offensive. Imagine if he'd said that to someone who had been sexually assaulted?!

Well if they do take it further it won't be your fault. In any case it is his. He should never have said those things in the beginning.

Glad you've got a car sorted Jazz

Pleased results are ok Suzeanna

I imagine you could still have hay fever symptoms Griff and the pollen count is very high this year. I've been suffering despite taking daily pills for it and Martyn who never has hayfever has been sneezing and snuffling the last 2 days. Nature has gone into overdrive to make up for the late start because winter dragged on so long.

Hope Archie & Logan are tons better and don't need to go to the vets tomorrow.

I got bitten by an insect whilst gardening on Tuesday and have Cellulitis. Got to see the doc this afternoon so am on antibiotics. It's a pain in the rear cos I'm supposed to be holding my arm up all the time.

It's voting day here today and the EDL have just driven past playing Land of Hope and Glory over their tannoy :rolleyes:

Michelle - cellulitis is horrid but do get it looked at asap as it can be really nasty :GroupHug:

Edited by merledogs

I have been having hay fever symptoms this year, I don't get it very often, but this year is particularly bad :)

Hope your cellulitis gets better Michelle :flowers:

We had a celebrity in work on Monday, all the girls had their pictures taken with him whilst I was busy testing eyes. I only just missed him leaving too :angry: Anyhow he tweeted that all the staff at speccies in Swinton are amazing. Gutted I missed him as I like meeting famous people - makes the day a bit more interesting :laugh:

moaning

been up since 4.30. the dogs wernt impressed.

ive cleared the garden and thrown away another bed the 13 year old thats decided hes a puppy, has chewed up

lewis came back last night, wanted to go to bed, but if im up he can be lol so hes emptied the car of the new floor tiles for the flat, and the microwave that needs a passport its been in the car so long lol

so ill finish cleaning that out today and tell the garage to come and get it. ill get some money back which will help pay for diddy car

sshhh think im starting the change, hot and cold, hot and cold .....