UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Sorry Alex, I have to play with mobile phone products...but as they are all of a muchness can you close your eyes and stick a pin in one company and go with that?!

I agree with the rain at work option, though I would quite like sunshine during the day until about uhm winter! It can rain overnight...

xxx

Had our first show of the year yesterday and am paying for it today. My upper back and shoulders are so stiff. Was worth it though raised £151.60 for Oldies Club.

Sandy is gorgeous I love the fact he rolled in ash straight after his bath :laugh:

Its damp here but think it may have stopped raining.

• Like 2

Gooster, sending good luck and good thoughts to Ted

well done Lil Angel on the amount of dosh you raised

we have rain too

Just emailed the bluecross to see if i am too far away to adopt a puppy they have..... no doubt i will be turned down but worth an enquiry.

Got a link, Griff?

It's rained all day here. I only got about three hours sleep last night (snap, Yantan) so having done my chores, I went back to bed and managed another two. No doubt that means I'll be awake half the night again :confused:

I've been trying to get my head round the sort of mentality that someone has to have in order to shove a new born baby down a toilet :mecry:

Thank goodness the little fella was rescued and seems to be doing OK now.

If you don't know what I am talking about here is a link - but be warned if you watch the video you may find it distressing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-22685445

I watched that..I wonder if it was a very quick birth and the mother was on the loo at the time? They say he was two days old, but surely the cord and afterbirth wouldn't still have been attached after two days? Sadly, China has such draconian rules on one child only families, that if it was done deliberately it may have been to save the mother from jail, or worse. I read something a while ago saying women who are pregnant with a second child are forcibly taken to hospital, held down and the baby aborted, even if it was only days from birth. They inject something to kill the baby. No wonder they treat animals so badly, looking at the way they treat people. :mad:

I watched that..I wonder if it was a very quick birth and the mother was on the loo at the time?

from the link above

Meanwhile, a police officer in Jinhua told Agence France-Presse that the baby's unmarried mother had hidden her pregnancy.

The baby fell into the toilet after she unexpectedly gave birth, the officer said.

"The woman was on the scene during the entire rescue process... and admitted [she was the mother] when we asked her," he told AFP.

He said police were still investigating whether "she had any malicious intentions" before deciding if charges should be filed. There was still no information on the baby's father, he said.

A friend had that experience with her second child. She went to the loo for a poo and the baby arrived. She had to catch her to stop her falling into the toilet.

I wish mine had been so quick and easy.

Everything crossed they get it all and Ted will be fine hugs x

We have all just got thoroughly soaked but are now drying off. Found another new walk I wasn't aware of. That's 2 I've found in the last week or so. Have only lived here 15 years lol

Gooster, good luck for Ted on Thursday.

Suzeanna.... this was the puppy

http://www.bluecross.org.uk/2566-115824/1/siena.html?uf_Breed=Staffordshire+Bull+Terrier&

she has a visitor tomorrow so will more than likely rehomed, also they wanted me to travel a 250 mile round trip twice with my whole family including dogs.... diez is 12 and i wouldn't leave her in a car for that long and she hates strangers and laney is FA so taking him to a kennels will kill him! i sound like an awful home but we manage each dogs issues and both dogs and cat are loved and cared for and no expense is ever spared. i could do with just going to a dog pound and picking a staffy pup off death row but i haven't a clue where our pound is! the local dog warden is keeping us on her list so hopefully she will come across a needy pup and the vet is also on the look out

Poor baby.